• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

Having people meet up at a specific time in 4 different time zones, then waiting 4 extra hours to play an integral mode of a brand new $60 game is priceless :lol

Tf53

k0ji-wd said:
Having people meet up at a specific time in 4 different time zones, then waiting 4 extra hours to play an integral mode of a brand new $60 game is priceless :lol
What's the status on the 10am UK meetup?

k0ji-wd said:
Still good if the new patch is out by then. Supposed to have been out by. . .45 minutes ago

Server was still a bit broken at 10am, be all accounts things had improved slightly though as we saw a new error message!

Tf53

Magicked said:
Sooo... How are things going?

Have we even played a game yet? :lol

(Thanks EA!)
We lost one game and got a forfeit victory in another earlier today. Koji said that things were looking better now, though. I think they're playing right now.

k0ji-wd

things are improving at least. . .uhhh. . .at least :lol

It was all looking so good when we got our 7-0 win :lol

but really, fuck.

Tf53

Hey, let's talk celebrations.

I suggest that when we score, everyone does the brick fall (LT + right stick left) as soon as possible. It's a pain in the ass when a douchebag does it online, but if the whole team does it, it'll look awesome. It'll be even better if the scorer does the arm spin a couple of times, so everyone can sync up.

Magicked

Tf53 said:
Hey, let's talk celebrations.

I suggest that when we score, everyone does the brick fall (LT + right stick left) as soon as possible. It's a pain in the ass when a douchebag does it online, but if the whole team does it, it'll look awesome. It'll be even better if the scorer does the arm spin a couple of times, so everyone can sync up.

We definitely need to do this. :lol

Edit: I'll be on tonight for some games.

k0ji-wd

2afcsb7.jpg

gg's to everyone that made it into a game tonight, sorry for my 2 big defensive mistakes at LB that cost us goals, still getting used to playing online w the input lag, as i primarily played offline the past couple years

the cup is ours next time...

ijm72

Good games tonight I was a little rusty with some of my passes but it was still fun. Sorry I couldn't party chat because of the new dashboard.

Magicked

GGs last night guys. I'm still getting used to the speed and lag of line, but it was a lot of fun. We need to work on our finishing though (myself included)! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
GGs last night guys. I'm still getting used to the speed and lag of line, but it was a lot of fun. We need to work on our finishing though (myself included)! :lol
One thing I noticed (and caught myself doing) is that goes on long runs when someone gets the ball, but there's no short outlet left and most times the other team steals it back because long passes seem to be so inaccurate in this game. so stay a little closer to the man with the ball! (i'll try at least)

gg's to everyone that made it into a game tonight, sorry for my 2 big defensive mistakes at LB that cost us goals, still getting used to playing online w the input lag, as i primarily played offline the past couple years

the cup is ours next time...
Yeah that was total BS. Should have been a foul and your guy is rated 77 and a designated LB so he shouldn't have gotten the ball stolen by a forward so easily. But yes you're definitely right about the input lag. You really can't try to do too much with the ball especially when you have someone jamming a to try to steal it back because the input lag is literally like a half-second or more. (although i still think it's pretty impressive that we're able to get any connection with 8+ people from all over the world online)

k0ji-wd

TheVisualizer said:
whats up with your connection k0ji?

sucks that you put all the work into organizing the club and couldn't manage to stay connected and get a full game in tonight...

i felt bad for wasting everyones time waiting for me :(

Found out there were power problems in my area, couple that with the EA server issues = my router constantly resetting = arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

in the meantime i've got my VP up to 83 overall so i'll be back with a vengeance!

One thing also is that there seems to always be a few people online to play clubs with, which is totally awesome, so in the (hopefully) near future when EA get their shit sorted out, we should have a great time going!

Good stuff last night. I thought we did pretty well considering a lot of us have never played together before. It takes a lot more teamwork to do what we were trying rather than playing with an ANY and two strikers like most of the teams we played against.
AstroLad said:
One thing I noticed (and caught myself doing) is that goes on long runs when someone gets the ball, but there's no short outlet left and most times the other team steals it back because long passes seem to be so inaccurate in this game. so stay a little closer to the man with the ball! (i'll try at least)

But yes you're definitely right about the input lag. You really can't try to do too much with the ball especially when you have someone jamming a to try to steal it back because the input lag is literally like a half-second or more. (although i still think it's pretty impressive that we're able to get any connection with 8+ people from all over the world online)
Good tips!

Last night I was trying to work on:
- Finding open space and providing an easy outlet for people with the ball
- Trying to not drift too far out of my position. It worked pretty well with magicked playing more d-mid while I was shading slightly forward, but sometimes I'd lose track of where I was on the field because I was ball watching.
- Not clamping down on the sprint button. My VP was gassed by the end of all the games. Guess I need that "second wind" trait. Is there a "third wind" trait? :p
k0ji-wd said:
i felt bad for wasting everyones time waiting for me :(
Not your fault. Hopefully ruttski & EA get their shit together soon so we can all play.

I try to offer the short pass with my guy as the CDM, though I've found that my long passing is OK, but it is near the 80s. Agree that a lot of games seem to be through the middle with little use of the wings, despite headers being easier to score then ever before.

Also holding down 'RB' moves your player into a position the game considers 'ideal'.

k0ji-wd

Will go through and remove the members who never showed up a bit later on (aside from those who spoke to me about it.) The don't deserve the pink shirt :D

LiveWire

k0ji-wd said:
Will go through and remove the members who never showed up a bit later on (aside from those who spoke to me about it.) The don't deserve the pink shirt :D

Please don't pull me, I showed up but EA didn't! :lol Is it working OK now? I saw a few games listed in our W/L/D record...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
joking right? we need as many people in the club as possible so one day we can achieve the dream of 10-on-10 play :lol

AstroLad said:
Yeah that was total BS. Should have been a foul and your guy is rated 77 and a designated LB so he shouldn't have gotten the ball stolen by a forward so easily. But yes you're definitely right about the input lag. You really can't try to do too much with the ball especially when you have someone jamming a to try to steal it back because the input lag is literally like a half-second or more. (although i still think it's pretty impressive that we're able to get any connection with 8+ people from all over the world online)

Yeah that guy ran right thru me from behind and my guy dropped like he was hit with a 12 gauge. But I did botch another play in one of the other games where my guy wouldn't strafe and I got turned around in the box and missed what should have been an easy tackle. Otherwise I was pretty happy with how I played at LB, I caught the other team offsides a few times with the trap, won most of my headers, made some really good tackles on threatening runs and my positioning was good enough to scare the other team from working my side of the field most times.

I played 2 or 3 games really late with PEPE, manutscot and TSE and managed to serve up a nice cross to PEPE for a goal, but for the most part I didn't want to go forward much on the attack as our CPU LM was playing back most of the game and I didn't want to make any overlapped runs when he didn't have the ball and leave our side undefended.

Had to admit the input lag is making me wonder if I should perhaps join a team with mates who live local. Nothing against you guys, just its hard to play a decent game with the half second wait between command and action.

I've enjoyed our games so far though, and will give it a month or so for the EA servers to settle down.

k0ji-wd

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I was never even invited to the club after signing up, so I guess I'm being removed?

I sent a friend request to you about a week or so ago, guess you didn't get it? Add me and I'll add you: tse88

Chriswok said:
Had to admit the input lag is making me wonder if I should perhaps join a team with mates who live local. Nothing against you guys, just its hard to play a decent game with the half second wait between command and action.

I've enjoyed our games so far though, and will give it a month or so for the EA servers to settle down.

From experience, in 10 at least, there was no difference with joining a 'local' team. We had 5 of us in an all Japan based team for about a month and the lag for us was still the same. It also has to do with where your opponents are and not just your teammates, and I'd imagine also the fact that it has to sync the button commands of potentially 10+ people.

Last night PEPE and I got into a full game of people from Australia and it was the absolute worst lag I've ever had in a FIFA, like, slideshow, and this was after I'd fixed my connection.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
anyone up for some club games hit me up i'll be working on my pro and available for the next hour and a half: astrothelad

k0ji-wd

I'm down.

The new patch seems to have fixed the EA Servers for me at least, stayed connected for about an hour now.

Nightz

k0ji-wd said:
Have I been removed already? :( The only meetup I would have remotely had a chance of making was the second one, which was 2 am my time. Had work the other 2 times.

I know I've talked to a few of you online, but I figured I would post in here (for like the first time in a month, I know, slacking). My initial setup for clubs was with a few friends, but our schedules aren't lining up at all (damn Brits). I figured if you are still looking for more players I would throw my name in the hat.

Gamertag: Awesome Animals

Preferred Positions: CAM/LW/RW/ST (Left footed player, so if on left I will look to cross, and on the right I will try to work it into the box, which means I will probably cross less).

Additionally, I am always up for a head-to-head match with anyone who doesn't play like everyone you face in ranked matches. Let me know!

P.S. I have my gameface loaded, but I am sad that it looks very little like me. I will need to tweak it a little bit in the gameface editor I think.

k0ji-wd

Awesome, you're of course, more than welcome to join I'll send u an invite (don't worry I'm not bitter u didn't accept my original offer, nope, not bitter at all, not bitter at all) :D

Nights I sent u party invites multiple times when u were online but u never responded. I'll hook u up wih another invite if you're still interested.

k0ji-wd said:
I sent a friend request to you about a week or so ago, guess you didn't get it? Add me and I'll add you: tse88

From experience, in 10 at least, there was no difference with joining a 'local' team. We had 5 of us in an all Japan based team for about a month and the lag for us was still the same. It also has to do with where your opponents are and not just your teammates, and I'd imagine also the fact that it has to sync the button commands of potentially 10+ people.

Last night PEPE and I got into a full game of people from Australia and it was the absolute worst lag I've ever had in a FIFA, like, slideshow, and this was after I'd fixed my connection.

There was real bad lag last night. Every game I had online was hit by it, I thought I must have had steam downloading 100 updates.

k0ji-wd

Chriswok said:
There was real bad lag last night. Every game I had online was hit by it, I thought I must have had steam downloading 100 updates.

You should check out the official EA forums, dudes are playing with xboxes next to each other and getting 5 second button lag, and some dude even said he had a 20 second delay :lol

Nightz

k0ji-wd said:
Nights I sent u party invites multiple times when u were online but u never responded. I'll hook u up wih another invite if you're still interested.
I don't recall ever receiving any party invites for FIFA, but sure. I was still in the club last time I checked though (couple hours ago).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I was actually pretty impressed with the connection in today's games. Haven't played any regular ranked matches or anything though.

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
I was actually pretty impressed with the connection in today's games. Haven't played any regular ranked matches or anything though.

Have you played with PEPE yet? Your VPs together would make for a goddamn monstrous front pair, running over shit :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
My dude's actually pretty slender right now 6'1" 165 or thereabouts. But the hair does make him more imposing.

Top Bottom