• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

zethi

Neo Member
Would quite like to join if possible, couldn't find a dedicated club in 10..

GT: manutdscot
Preferred Positions: RW, CF

k0ji-wd

2zibq11.jpg

Ramen United Match Week One Brought To You By 'Anelka Burger'

11k9jic.jpg

'For that Unmistakable Douche Taste'

Get your afro, pink gloves, and green boots ready, because finally, a new season is about to begin!

So in the next day or two most of us should have the game. And with the weekend conveniently coming up, I thought it'd be appropriate to setup our first club 'match week'.

Here's how it's going to work. Once I get the game tomorrow morning, I will create the club and send invites to everybody signed up through the in-game messaging system, so don't check your XBL messages, but your 'EA Mail' by going into 'My Player Hub' in 'My FIFA Online.' I'll post to let everybody know when it's up.

I've scheduled 3 match days at the most convenient times for both the US and European based players on the weekend, but it's still impossible to mix US, European, and Asian timezones together, but hopefully it means everybody can make time to play. We'll also have a few days to work on our Virtual Pros before the first match day.

I'm going to assign captains for both US and Euro regions so that if I'm not around, the captains can start club matches themselves.

If you've signed up for the club, please try to make it to at least one for the match days. If you fail to show up, unless you're a GAF-FIFA veteran (but that's not an excuse! :lol ) you're out of the club.

So with that out of the way, here are the times (I'll be on Friday during the day anyway playing about.):

Match Day One:
US EST GMT+4 7:00PM Friday, 1st October
UK BST GMT+1 12:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 9:00AM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Two:
US EST GMT+4 5:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 10:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 7:00PM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Three:
US EST GMT+4 9:00PM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 2:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 11:00AM Sunday, 3rd October

CURRENT LINEUPS:
2pzfv3t.jpg

Nightz

Just did my Game Face and it's kinda scary how accurate it is. :lol

I guess I won't sign up for the club yet because I'm not sure I can make those times. I'd like to play with some of you guys at some point though.

shoplifter

Best case scenario is that I can play at 9:15ish eastern Friday, my son is usually in bed by then. The other ones are right out.

(Every) Friday-Saturday are horrible days for me to play. I'm good almost every night Sun-Thu though.

Cardigan

Friday and Saturday nights are the worst possible times for me. I don't think I'm going to be able to make any of those times.

k0ji-wd

Damn I thought weekends would've been best :lol Well, I know a bunch of us will be on through the week so if I see you guys I'll pop u guys an invite.

k0ji-wd

deadnoob said:
Could someone help me? How do you get the gameface on the actual player? or can you not do that.

Goto the easportsfootball website, login and create your game face. then in the VP menu, select 'Download Gameface'

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
Damn I thought weekends would've been best :lol Well, I know a bunch of us will be on through the week so if I see you guys I'll pop u guys an invite.

most people go out friday nights and saturdays lol :lol I don't, I work, but I think saturdays like after 10pm eastern may work better for a lot of people.

shoplifter

k0ji-wd said:

Yeah, this is a 'wife abhors watching me play FIFA' and '2 year old demands my attention' type of thing. :lol

k0ji-wd

sneaky77 said:
most people go out friday nights and saturdays lol :lol I don't, I work, but I think saturdays like after 10pm eastern may work better for a lot of people.

Yeah, no doubt, I figured first weekend after release. . .I've got a friends Bucks party on Friday night but I'll still be on first thing Saturday morning my time to get this shit on :D

Rad-

Nightz said:
Just did my Game Face and it's kinda scary how accurate it is. :lol

Did mine and I can recognize myself on it but I turned way too orange! I guess the lighting was bad, or I just simply chose the wrong skin color (I chose the default and it seems it cannot be changed?). Hopefully I won't look too crazy in the game.

And about the times, I will be on matchday 2 definitely. Matchday 1 is 2 AM here and matchday 3 is 4 AM so those are off for me I think.

GT: Chris Kenobi UK
Position: CM (Def Center)
Type: Playmaker

EDIT:

My gameface is done, but I look like a Grey Alien. :lol

EDIT 2:

Got it sorted, but I strangely look like Tom Cruise. :lol :lol

I'd like to play if possible, but those times are brutal for those of us on the West Coast. I'm either at work or would have to be up at 2am.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SaturDay is usually OK for me, as is most of Sunday. Weeknights I don't get home until 9 EST. Usually these seem to work best if someone just posts a time when they'll play and then tries to get a few people to join and maybe checks who's online and invites them. I never had too much trouble getting 4-5 together like this back in the day. If you have 4 that's still pretty fun imo.

depward

West coast here too. I'll try to make a scheduled time. If not, I'm just hoping to try to see if anyone is just randomly playing and jumping in during an unscheduled time some evening :D

Like last year, my player looks like a grey-faced alien :lol

Cardigan

Yeah, SaturDay and all Sunday are good for me. Most weeknights are good for me as well. I'm just usually drunk on Fri and Sat night.

Magicked

Scheduled times are fine if we want to try to get a full squad of 11. Other than that, we should have plenty of times where a few people are online and we can just get a pick-up game going.

BTW, my pro is more of a defensive midfielder. I'm trying to get his stats up a decent amount before the weekend. :D

depward

Magicked said:
Scheduled times are fine if we want to try to get a full squad of 11. Other than that, we should have plenty of times where a few people are online and we can just get a pick-up game going.

Oh yeah, definitely... especially if FIFA goes the NHL route with showing how many club members are online or in a game (I'm assuming they would).

In any case, I'll always be checking the club page after I'm in to see if anyone's playing...

LiveWire

I should be there for Match One and Two.

Shouldn't Match Three be 9PM Eastern Saturday October 2nd? It's listed as Friday.

depward

Can't participate in Match 1 (still at work) but am up for possibly staying up til 2am for Match 2 and playing in Match 3. :D

<---- my zombie virtual pro

what camera do you guys use for Virtual Pro / Club games?

Right now I'm using the normal Tele angle in my offline Player Career mode but I'd like to be able to see up field better when I have the ball to feed you guys long passes from my fullback position.

If everyone sets a different favourite number on their player profile will that not carry over onto the Club Team? Or does it just adopt the number structure of the team's crest we take?

k0ji-wd

shoplifter said:
Sent a request to join an hour or so ago.

haven't even got u on my friends list yet

Chriswok said:
If everyone sets a different favourite number on their player profile will that not carry over onto the Club Team? Or does it just adopt the number structure of the team's crest we take?

that could work, probably not really worth all the co-ordinating though just let the game do its thing

Can't make it tomorrow, as I won't be around till after 11pm EST, but if you guys are still going strong late I'll jump in. I'm def playing Sat night though, been working on my accomplishments the past couple days in Manager Mode making serious progress, my pro just needs a little more stamina and I'll be good to go.

edit: sent friend reqs out to everyone, see ya on the pitch

Tf53

I'll accept the invite in an hour or so. My gaming is severely restricted these days, but I'll try to get in on the action as often as I can.

k0ji-wd

Chriswok said:
I'm half expecting tonight to be frustrating as the EA Servers play silly buggers.

Yeah I just read about that, seems like some clubs are not getting results counted, stats recorded, and some even get deleted for no good reason.

Let's hope we don't get any of that.

k0ji-wd said:
I should be there for Match One and Two.

Shouldn't Match Three be 9PM Eastern Saturday October 2nd? It's listed as Friday.
Ahh, you're right. Fixed it, thanks.
Oh, that's good. Should be able to either make tonight or tomorrow.

What's the deal with who's allowed to start matches? Are captains the only ones that are allowed? Just curious what the system is this year.

Top Bottom