• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

GeekyDad

I thought I wanted some people to stay in my life, but seeing as they're the ones who left me. I don't want them in my life anymore even if I occasionally miss them.
What if, instead of wanting or not wanting them in your life because you feel they left you, you remained indifferent to the circumstances, observing and learning the true nature of the situation, then making a determination once you feel you have truly gained a reasonable understanding -- both logical and emotional -- of the matter?

What if, instead of wanting or not wanting them in your life because you feel they left you, you remained indifferent to the circumstances, observing and learning the true nature of the situation, then making a determination once you feel you have truly gained a reasonable understanding -- both logical and emotional -- of the matter?
I take the original post back. I was just not myself and was venting my frustration. I'm usually more positive and optimistic than that moment of weakness. I'm a forgiving and merciful person and if I can make amends with people even if they left me I would in a heartbeat :]

Celcius

°Temp. member
Amazon treated me shady recently - I bought something and returned it but they put my refund on an Amazon gift card instead of back on my debit card. Only after I called them out did they fix it. They were obviously trying to keep the money. Shame on them.

GeekyDad

Amazon treated me shady recently - I bought something and returned it but they put my refund on an Amazon gift card instead of back on my debit card. Only after I called them out did they fix it. They were obviously trying to keep the money. Shame on them.
Not surprising, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with vendor items vs. items coming directly from one of their outlets.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't think you mentioned what type of product is was. Maybe it had something to do with them being unable to resell it?
It was a pair of headphones and I didn’t even open the package… they just had me take it to UPS and then they handled boxing it up and sending it back. To be fair though, once they took the gift card back I had the money back in my account the next day though.

Last edited:

Nydius

United States Postal Service lost my wife's SSDI benefits renewal paperwork. Paid for priority mail express, and they lost it between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. For fuck's sake... Now we get to go through the fun of calling SSA to figure out what to do next.

Crayon

At some point I got a degree in hocking loogies. Now I'm getting a masters in firing snot rockets directly out the nostril.

Mistake

ASTROPHYSICISTS HATE THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK
s6ihAYY.jpg

GeekyDad

United States Postal Service lost my wife's SSDI benefits renewal paperwork. Paid for priority mail express, and they lost it between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. For fuck's sake... Now we get to go through the fun of calling SSA to figure out what to do next.
Contact the department by phone if you haven't to let them know. Hopefully, they'll work with you with regards to giving you a time extension.

Lunarorbit

Kim Kardashian put out her list of what she's looking for in a man. OK, that's fine.

I'm just never going to be in a relationship with a woman who has 4 kids from a previous marriage. That's too much for me. Even if it wasn't kaynes kids.

I could handle 2 kids from another marriage at most. 4 kids is just too much of an uphill battle, struggling to make a relationship work with all those personalities and the shit talk coming from the ex husband. No way

GeekyDad

It is cooling down rapidity it seems. Watched a RedLetterMedia episode, had some snacks and made some posts.

Feeling a bit better. Has been a busy week.
Busy is good. Gets all the reasonings for being back up to high levels.

EDIT: But it sounds like maybe you were too busy.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Busy is good. Gets all the reasonings for being back up to high levels.

EDIT: But it sounds like maybe you were too busy.

Well said.

And your edit is spot on.

We've also had a heatwave the last 10 days out of nowhere.

Which was incredible nice but also makes you ... lazy? Don't know the English expression haha.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
2-0 down. Bring back to 2-2. Concede a penalty in the 10th minute of injury time to lose to a team who are 16th and have nothing to play. I'm done with football.

Bradford i assume?

Not easy getting out of the lower divisions.
Closest team to my home town is Carlisle - which , since you posted this, obviously inflicted more misery :(

since return to UK, i'm a ST at Fleetwood Town so let's link arms and enjoy supporting middling dross teams :D

Good luck for next year.

Banned
we really need to do something about global warming... I don't care if Holland is underwater or not in a decade, more beaches for us lol, I just hate hot weather 😑 and every year there are new heat records...

fucking hell. at this rate I gotta move to Norway or something 🤣

Last edited:

sedg87

Bradford i assume?

Not easy getting out of the lower divisions.
Closest team to my home town is Carlisle - which , since you posted this, obviously inflicted more misery :(

since return to UK, i'm a ST at Fleetwood Town so let's link arms and enjoy supporting middling dross teams :D

Good luck for next year.

Yep, Bradford. We've been stuck in League Two for five seasons and it's getting boring. Gonna be ridiculously hard to get promoted next season with some of the clubs throwing stupid money at things, especially Wrexham.

Good luck to you too. League One should be more open next season with Sheff Weds and Ipswich no longer there!

jcorb

So, my "random thought/question" is:

Do you think there's a particular city (at least in the US) you could consider to be a sort of "gaming mecca"?

Like, I'm looking to relocate, and gaming about the only thing I would consider myself truly "passionate" about. I don't know if I'll ever change career field or anything, but I suppose I do think a lot about how cool it would be to live someplace that has a big gaming community, either for Fighting games (would love to go to an actual tournament of some kind), or even just being able to meet with folks you can get together and stream with or do podcasts with. Not even with the intent of "becoming a big streamer", just for the sheer love of gaming.

I remember thinking that back in the day, a lot of gaming events seemed to be in the Los Angeles area, but not really sure if that's still the case? I remember hearing loads of *streamers* relocating to the... Austin, TX area, I think? But I've never been, and really never heard anything one way or the other about the area (conversely, LA I've always heard is mostly people living on the brink of poverty, chasing the dream of becoming rich and famous).

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So, my "random thought/question" is:

Do you think there's a particular city (at least in the US) you could consider to be a sort of "gaming mecca"?

Like, I'm looking to relocate, and gaming about the only thing I would consider myself truly "passionate" about. I don't know if I'll ever change career field or anything, but I suppose I do think a lot about how cool it would be to live someplace that has a big gaming community, either for Fighting games (would love to go to an actual tournament of some kind), or even just being able to meet with folks you can get together and stream with or do podcasts with. Not even with the intent of "becoming a big streamer", just for the sheer love of gaming.

I remember thinking that back in the day, a lot of gaming events seemed to be in the Los Angeles area, but not really sure if that's still the case? I remember hearing loads of *streamers* relocating to the... Austin, TX area, I think? But I've never been, and really never heard anything one way or the other about the area (conversely, LA I've always heard is mostly people living on the brink of poverty, chasing the dream of becoming rich and famous).
SF or Seattle.

Trunx81

Has anyone already dealt with a menopause wife and got some good advice? Apart from “keep your damn mouth shut” because that ain’t gonna happen.

Top Bottom