• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

badblue

Some random person in Glendale Heights, Illinois got the One Ring today.

I ordered it for my wife's birthday as she watches the entire Lord of the Rings Extended cut trilogy 4-6 times a year.

Probably should have paid the extra for Hobbit Delivery.

Nydius

I hate renting. Don't get me wrong, the homeowner is a good dude, and the property management has been fantastic and responsive. But I hate constantly having the black cloud of "what if" over my head. What if the homeowner decides to sell? What if the property management decides to terminate the month to month lease to get a higher paying tenant in here? I hate it so much.

But not getting a house of our own any time soon.
Not after the clusterfuck that was 2020 and not on disability limited income.

GeekyDad

I want to be a stay-at-home dad with no kids.
You say that now...

Has anyone already dealt with a menopause wife and got some good advice? Apart from “keep your damn mouth shut” because that ain’t gonna happen.
This:
0F8Rqn8.jpg
Although, it's not enough.

I don't recommend it, but I will say that euthanasia (not for her, for me) sure does seem enticing at times.

In the mood for Pizza but I know I won't have one. I've never ordered a Pizza online before and I haven't bought a Pizza out a restaurant in years so I don't know where the best place to buy Pizza is from. The only times I've had Pizza recently is supermarket Pizza and I can never cook it properly. I like my Pizza soft and floppy (heh) but when I cook it it's always crispy, crunchy, and burned.

...don't cook it so long? Lol
I've tried doing that obviously but I can never get it right. Some of the pizzas i've bought are frozen or ones "ready made" and you just throw them in the oven. The last pizza I got was one that had crust filling but I didn't cook it long enough so it was all gooey and cold :messenger_grinning_sweat: I'd rather get a freshly made pizza but I don't know the best place nearby that does good pizza. I couldn't even tell you where the nearest "pizza joint" is like Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Papa johns. I'm really not a pizza fan. It's something I have to really be in the mood for. I'm scared I'll turn into a pizza snob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about buying a Ring door bell. Too many fucking idiots at my door wanting to sell shit or talk to me about Jesus! It would help so much if could see who was at the door so I can decide if I want to ignore them.

It seems to much hassle though because I realised it only does notifications to your phone which is cool but I want to be able to hear the doorbell if I'm not near my phone so I'd need to buy a speaker thing. Oh and then it has a subscription service. And reviews say the wifi is shit on the doorbell so you should buy the speaker with wifi extender. My wifi router is in the hall about 15ft away from the door so it should be fine.... I'd get the doorbell with both 2.4/5Ghz wifi so i don't know if i need the extender.

I made 1 simple change to my PC sound settings and you wouldn't believe it but my music sounds 100% better!! Audiophiles HATE me!

EDIT: it's so warm right now and I have my fan set to 3 and it's still fucking blowing hot air at mE

edit 2 : i can't believe waht time it is.

edit 3: just relax bro

edit 4: meow

edit 5: hi

edit VI:

iu

edit7:

iu

Last edited by a moderator:

Celcius

°Temp. member
People talk about Era mods being aggressive - things have gotten more like that here lately. I’ve been a member for well over a decade and never had a single post deleted. I post in the FF16 thread today about a certain scene that I just saw and mods delete my post. Sigh.

It's such a miserable Sunday. I've been in my bed all day just watching TV and playing my Switch (beat Persona 4 Golden and got the true ending!)

Can't decide what to do now. Read a book, watch more TV, or start yet another play through of Persona 5. I'm not getting out my bed until it's time for dinner. I don't have the energy to do anything.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
People talk about Era mods being aggressive - things have gotten more like that here lately. I’ve been a member for well over a decade and never had a single post deleted. I post in the FF16 thread today about a certain scene that I just saw and mods delete my post. Sigh.
Mods are instructed to prevent culture war political discussion from encroaching on the forum. If it’s the post about wokeness that’s why it was deleted.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
No matter what anyone else says -- regardless of how "prestigious" he or she may be -- listen to your body.
This may seem obvious for some but that's Yoda level advice I should have listened to when I was a younglin'.

Too many times I've ignored signals because of dumb pride or "complaining is for sissies".

Top Bottom