• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Thinking about abruptly quitting my job as a food and beverage manager.

Anyone else ever have an employer that just does not fucking pay on time?
Don't abruptly quit, but you know it's time to move on to something more steady

Keep the job, get something better, and still keep the job as a backup.

Last edited:

Banned
I've been in the exact situation many times.

Started due to a traumatic event when I was 30yrs old. It's an easy accessible and instantly working coping mechanism ie self medicating substance.

It's also addicting, works momentarily and the negative side effects during and after outweighs far more the momentary "positive" effects.

But you know this already.

About, I can't remember, 2 (?) months ago I've been drinking "alchohol free" beers that contain a mere, and I quote: "less than 0.5% alcohol". It tastes great (Warsteiner) has 90 calories per bottle and yeah... Perhaps an option.

Just my 2 cents.

that's a great Warsteiner Alkoholfrei ad if I've ever seen one

Trying to decide if I should finally shave or grow a Dumbledore beard. It's got to the point now I'm chewing on my moustache, I'm having to check the mirror I've not got food stuck in it, and having to spend time drying it off after a shower.

It's nice and soft but looks a mess. I don't know how to trim it. The moustache is quite annoying so maybe just try to give that a little trim.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Trying to decide if I should finally shave or grow a Dumbledore beard. It's got to the point now I'm chewing on my moustache, I'm having to check the mirror I've not got food stuck in it, and having to spend time drying it off after a shower.

It's nice and soft but looks a mess. I don't know how to trim it. The moustache is quite annoying so maybe just try to give that a little trim.
Why not an erend type of beard?

kj4rosrizuo31.jpg

It keeps pussy away like nothing else.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Yeah been there.

I started gnawing at my stache lol.

Look up some youtube vids. In the end its about just growing it out and go to a good beard groom shop.

From there on you have a basis and yeah

Last edited:
Yeah been there.

I started gnawing at my stache lol.

Look up some youtube vids. In the end its about just growing it out and go to a good beard groom shop.

From there on you have a basis and yeah
Sounds like too much trouble. I hated going to get my hair cut/shaved so started doing it myself. if I need to go get someone to cut my beard then forget it. I'll shave the fucking thing right off. I hate shaving so that's why I leave it so long. When I shave I look like a thumb. I can't grow my head hair so my beard is the only thing I have going for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sounds like too much trouble. I hated going to get my hair cut/shaved so started doing it myself. if I need to go get someone to cut my beard then forget it. I'll shave the fucking thing right off. I hate shaving so that's why I leave it so long. When I shave I look like a thumb. I can't grow my head hair so my beard is the only thing I have going for me.

There are great youtube vids. Really.

There are great youtube vids. Really.
I'll have a look. Like I said the only thing that is bothering me is the fucking moustache munching and worrying I look a mess/unclean to people. I guess I'm at the stage where I just look like I haven't shaved for weeks and have been dragged through a bush. I should give it a little trim and push on to the "I'm actually trying to grow a beard" stage.

MastAndo

Shaved my head down with clippers (no guard) a couple of days ago. It was years in the making and I finally did it. Feelings are mixed - I do feel liberated from the shackles of having to try to fool everyone into thinking I still had a full head of hair and it generally looks OK, but I'm SO much balder than I even thought. I bought a head shaver to get it down even closer to make it less obvious. I just know most everyone is going to hate it and be confused as to why I did it, but I know it had to be done.

Here's hoping I'll get more used to it in time and learn to love it fully.

Shaved my head down with clippers (no guard) a couple of days ago. It was years in the making and I finally did it. Feelings are mixed - I do feel liberated from the shackles of having to try to fool everyone into thinking I still had a full head of hair and it generally looks OK, but I'm SO much balder than I even thought. I bought a head shaver to get it down even closer to make it less obvious. I just know most everyone is going to hate it and be confused as to why I did it, but I know it had to be done.

Here's hoping I'll get more used to it in time and learn to love it fully.
I tried fooling myself and everyone else for a while but it comes a point you realise you're really not fooling anyone. Embrace the shaved head! Going bald was fucking awful but now I don't give a shit. Nothing I can do about it so why get so stressed out over it?

GeekyDad

If you like it and have the patience to maintain it, sure, but it sounds kinda unsanitary. Yuck...

Last edited:
If you like it and have the patience to maintain it, sure, but it sounds kinda unsanitary. Ick...
It's nice, soft, and fluffy I'll have you know. I even bought some shampoo/conditioner and I can't remember the last time I used either because i'm bald as fuck. I'm treating my beard with care but it does need a little trim. All I'm saying is I need to make a decision or whether I want to shave it off or grow it.

MastAndo

I tried fooling myself and everyone else for a while but it comes a point you realise you're really not fooling anyone. Embrace the shaved head! Going bald was fucking awful but now I don't give a shit. Nothing I can do about it so why get so stressed out over it?
Yeah man, it was years of Toppik, a comb forward and a ton of hairspray to create this illusion of a full head of hair. It was all so embarrassing - the beach, pool, rainy or windy day? Forget it. It got to the point where I had to make sure girls didn't get too close to it either, definitely no touching. I feel like my looks took a hit, but so be it if it means getting back to a more normal life. I'll still be embarrassed a bit, but in a far more acceptable way. I just wish I was more honest with myself and everyone else years ago.

...and on the topic, losing my beard would be just as tragic as losing my hair at this point. I love it so much, and especially can't imagine the bald head combo without it. I'm letting it get a little longer and bushy and am not even minding the sprinkle of grays coming in now that I'm in my early 40's.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'll have a look. Like I said the only thing that is bothering me is the fucking moustache munching and worrying I look a mess/unclean to people. I guess I'm at the stage where I just look like I haven't shaved for weeks and have been dragged through a bush. I should give it a little trim and push on to the "I'm actually trying to grow a beard" stage.

That's just something you have go through if you want some particular model/shape. It sucks but yeah.

And PLEASE watch some YouTube vids before hand. You should use the trimmer from up to down after combing it till its without "knots". You can create a whole different face/skull structure/longer and or rounder overall head shape with a beard.

I went from this (was much longer prior)

I'll wait until the white hairs are more in balance before growing it out again.

And hey. In 20 years I won't give a fuck so no haste.

Also, you can trim your stache right now. It's more about the rest that needs to grow. And i get it you don't want the bum look.

Therefore watch some instructional vids to keep it long but tidy.

Last edited:
That's just something you have go through if you want some particular model/shape. It sucks but yeah.

And PLEASE watch some YouTube vids before hand. You should use the trimmer from up to down after combing it till its without "knots". You can create a whole different face/skull structure/longer and or rounder overall head shape with a beard.

I went from this (was much longer prior)

aPGpmsX.jpg

To this...

dLVDYBb.jpg

To today...

QtBjIRR.jpg

I'll wait until the white hairs are more in balance before growing it out again.

And hey. In 20 years I won't give a fuck so no haste.

Also, you can trim your stache right now. It's more about the rest that needs to grow. And i get it you don't want the bum look.

Therefore watch some instructional vids to keep it long but tidy.
you are too comfortable posting pictures of yourself on the internet man. i wish i didn't give a fuck. but when you look that awesome who gives a fuck? I wish I looked half as cool as you.

I'll watch some videos and educate myself.

I really like his beard. Then again it's all black and his facial structure matches.
I just want a beard long enough that I can tie it up

iu

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
you are too comfortable posting pictures of yourself on the internet man. i wish i didn't give a fuck. but when you look that awesome who gives a fuck? I wish I looked half as cool as you

Ehh not that comfortable.
I feel a lot of posters see it as "look at me!" and think I'm a narcissist fucknut. But that's pure projection from my part.

Thruth is I don't care. I mostly delete them afterwards anyways.

And I'm not comfortable being described as looking awesome or cool.

I have a inferiority complex regarding my meat suit since I can't remember.

So such comments are ego boosting and thus simultaneously proof I still resort to external positive feedback to feel good.

Which is something I've been working on for quite a while.

I'll watch some videos and educate myself

Let me see...

Haven't watched but the thumbnail looks good imo.

Ehh not that comfortable.
I feel a lot of posters see it as "look at me!" and think I'm a narcissist fucknut. But that's pure projection from my part.

Thruth is I don't care. I mostly delete them afterwards anyways.

And I'm not comfortable being described as looking awesome or cool.

I have a inferiority complex regarding my meat suit since I can't remember.

So such comments are ego boosting and thus simultaneously proof I still resort to external positive feedback to feel good.

Which is something I've been working on for quite a while.

Let me see...

Haven't watched but the thumbnail looks good imo.

I didn't mean it in that way. I'm sure I've explained it to you before but I am terrified of putting any photos of myself online so to see someone posting pictures makes me wish I could be that confident.

I'll watch that video :)

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I didn't mean it in that way. I'm sure I've explained it to you before but I am terrified of putting any photos of myself online so to see someone posting pictures makes me wish I could be that confident.

I'll watch that video :)

My tag is accidentally ironic. Take that for what you will. Took me a third of my life to be confident (sometimes) but i don't give a shit.

I'll delete them soon enough.

Yeah browse around. See what resonates.

GeekyDad

When I record my songs, I usually try to be somewhat mindful of getting a good sound during the performance stage, as good as can be done with my limited skill set (translation: desire to take the time to learn, understand and execute, maybe?) as an engineer. But I also tend to not focus on that much or at all when trying to record a song that has especially strong meaning for me. And so, the mixing stage is where most of the hard work comes in for me, cleaning up noise, tweaking what I consider to be poor EQ, compression, etc.

I wonder if that is kinda the process with God. We were a deeply meaningful inspiration, and He/She's is now at (or nearing) the clean-up stage of the process.

My tag is accidentally ironic. Take that for what you will. Took me a third of my life to be confident (sometimes) but i don't give a shit.

I'll delete them soon enough.

Yeah browse around. See what resonates.
I watched that video and gave it a shot. trimming the sides/moustache helped a lot but the rest of it i fucked up. didn't like how stupid i looked so shaved it all down with a #2. i'm not shaving it all off completely. i need a bit of stubble !

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I watched that video and gave it a shot. trimming the sides/moustache helped a lot but the rest of it i fucked up. didn't like how stupid i looked so shaved it all down with a #2. i'm not shaving it all off completely. i need a bit of stubble !

No worries. Had the same happen to me a couple times as well. Trial and error. Good thing it grows back so NG+ is around the corner ÷P

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Had a couple pretty bad intens dreams last night they're still somewhat lingering. It's been a while. Oh well!

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Man i haven't had breakfast for more then a decade at seems when i think about it. And I never buy sweets or chocolate and such. The hagelslag also reminded me of when i was a preteen I put sliced dill pickles on every bread with meat in it. Lmao.

Artoris

Gold Member
It's nice, soft, and fluffy I'll have you know. I even bought some shampoo/conditioner and I can't remember the last time I used either because i'm bald as fuck. I'm treating my beard with care but it does need a little trim. All I'm saying is I need to make a decision or whether I want to shave it off or grow it.
I think a short beard helps to balance boldness

I think a short beard helps to balance boldness
I've clipped it down to a #2. I'll let it grow out again and try trimming it again to see if i get better results but if not then I think I might just keep trimming it to #2 or even #3 if i have that for my shaver.
Import the real deal

32UjTvQ.jpg
I'll see if I can find it.

edit: amazon has some but it's only dark chocolate?? i don't like dark chocolate

Top Bottom