• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Is the "Who took my cheese?" book still relevant?

It was HILARIOUS hearing grown ass professional men talking about this book like it's the word of god. Recommending it to people like they're still in kindergarten.

I hope they found their filthy cheese and got food poisoning from it.

Banned
Thinking about gettng a new tattoo this week. I have only 3 small tattoos and always wanted more. The last time I went to get one I had a bad experience and it put me off but I feel like I am ready to get another one.

I have a few small designs in mind but I want something big. I'm wanting a minimalistic line tattoo that has a cyberpunk feel to it that looks like cybernetics. This image I found online seems like a good place to start.

iu

I want something that goes from my elbow down to my wrist and I like how simple this is one is. It also leaves space on my arm (I'd only get it on the one arm) for other tattoos. I don't really like the design in the middle-ish so I'm trying to think of something to replace it with. I don't want something as big but I think something like this would do but maybe not as many lines.

iu

With a quick edit these are rough ideas of what I want:

qypBiaI.jpg

rMMXbZZ.jpg

or maybe even make it more simple like this

PyCPFjG.jpg

81xyGD3-+gL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Is the "Who took my cheese?" book still relevant?

It was HILARIOUS hearing grown ass professional men talking about this book like it's the word of god. Recommending it to people like they're still in kindergarten.

I hope they found their filthy cheese and got food poisoning from it.

Never had good cheese i guess 🤭

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

GeekyDad

Our new Mr. Coffee coffee maker is such a cheaply made piece of turd. I give it three months before it goes tits-up. The Black & Decker we bought like a year or two ago for about $30, they now want $60 for. This daily bend-over routine is getting ridiculous. Hope every single corporation in the world rots in hell. Rot, you dirty fuckbags!

Great game. I don't like how big and bold that tattoo is or any of the others i've seen.

What I'm going for is something minimalistic but is inspired by cybernetics. In Cyberpunk 2077 the mantis blade when not deployed has seam lines going around the arm and that's the parts of the arm that open up to let the blade come out. so what I want is it to look like my arm could come apart and open up... since we can't get real mantis blades yet :(

you can see it in this image.

iu

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a hard time letting go of what should be let go. I'm stubborn, defiant. I wish things will work out in all areas of this universe. But I'm realizing, again, that some things simply aren't meant to last or be forever. Such is life I guess...I wish it wasn't this way.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Went to bed very early.

Listened to a podcast with an EMF expert* while laying on a nail bed* for my lower back. It released a good deal of tension.

*About Today’s Guest:

Nick “The EMF Guy” Pineault is an investigative journalist, the #1 bestselling author of The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs, and an advocate for safe technologies. For the last few years, Nick has been interviewing some of the best minds on health and technology and facilitating the creation of courses and educational materials to raise awareness on this very important issue. You can find more about Nick at TheEMFGuy.comHe also produces the Smarter Tech Podcast: theemfguy.com/smarter-tech

*Said nail bed(?)

yGHIBfX.jpg

I lay flat on it from the start of my lower back to my back deltoids. I lay it on foldeds towels for compensation of the matras and extra height to really dig in my lower back. The indentations stay a day or 2 lmao.

Edit. Ok so one and a half hour (podcast ended) when sitting up it's almost glued to your back, peeling it of is pretty painful haha.

But hey it helps!

Last edited:
x1
i'm pissed off right now :messenger_neutral: why do people keep saying they'll do something and then at the last minute change their mind? i was going to go on holiday this week but put it off because someone wanted to do something with me.... and now they don't want to anymore. i'm going to see if i can book somewhere but it's probably too fucking late now to go stay anywhere without it being extortionate. the place i wanted to go i already changed the dates on that so can't even go there. need to find something else to do now.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thinking about gettng a new tattoo this week. I have only 3 small tattoos and always wanted more. The last time I went to get one I had a bad experience and it put me off but I feel like I am ready to get another one.

I have a few small designs in mind but I want something big. I'm wanting a minimalistic line tattoo that has a cyberpunk feel to it that looks like cybernetics. This image I found online seems like a good place to start.

iu

I want something that goes from my elbow down to my wrist and I like how simple this is one is. It also leaves space on my arm (I'd only get it on the one arm) for other tattoos. I don't really like the design in the middle-ish so I'm trying to think of something to replace it with. I don't want something as big but I think something like this would do but maybe not as many lines.

iu

With a quick edit these are rough ideas of what I want:

qypBiaI.jpg

rMMXbZZ.jpg

or maybe even make it more simple like this

PyCPFjG.jpg

That's pretty dope actually.

First and second edit especially. I'd say go for it if it feels right and you're decided on the design.

Just my feedback fwiw

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i'm pissed off right now :messenger_neutral: why do people keep saying they'll do something and then at the last minute change their mind? i was going to go on holiday this week but put it off because someone wanted to do something with me.... and now they don't want to anymore. i'm going to see if i can book somewhere but it's probably too fucking late now to go stay anywhere without it being extortionate. the place i wanted to go i already changed the dates on that so can't even go there. need to find something else to do now.

Yeah that Sucks, period. If you care for my advice; next time be very clear that this is very important to you and ask the person if he/she/robot will take that to heart. Even then you're dealing with humans but still. Be very clear of the importance of the scenario.

Just my 2 cents.

You have my sympathy

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Speaking of tattoos...

Preface: I'm very specific in what i like and don't like. What I can tolerate or just plainly dislike (turn off regarding attractiveness)

I have none. Never wanted one and I never enjoyed them on woman in an added sexy way if that makes sense.

Mostly skip certain ahem videos for this reason.

But lately I'm noticing that I'm more open regarding my perspective (man/woman) But again, it depends on the tattoo(s) so it's hit or miss i guess.

The last couple years I've been playing with certain designs and placements but I'm not THERE yet.

It's quite a pickle, OCD, perfectionist and money wise. I want it to come to me in a vision. Not so much overthink it because I "want a tattoo". It comes when it comes I've been saying to myself said couple years. I do have some ideas but those will cost me a kidney.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Something I feel like sharing with a semi-anonymous message board: I might be a chimera. Twins run in my family, and I have a number of the symptoms that are rare on their own if they weren't due to chimerism.

I guess I could get a DNA test to confirm, but I don't trust those companies, thinking of how that data could be used.

Weird, and basically inconsequential, but...weird. So on the Random Thoughts thread it goes.

Care to link some info on your interpretation of a chimera? And hey, that's what's this thread is for mate <3

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's nothing paranormal or anything. It's human chimerism, not animal-human hybridism, which would be way cooler: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chimera

So this

• In 1953, a human chimera was reported in the British Medical Journal. A woman was found to have blood containing two different blood types. Apparently this resulted from her twin brother's cells living in her body.[4] A 1996 study found that such blood group chimerism is not rare.[5]
Hmmm fascinating.

I'd check it out fwiw.

Thanks for sharing and the laughing emoji was aimed at your last paragraph fyi

I don't see your initial post anymore? Want me to delete my responses?

Last edited:
So this

• In 1953, a human chimera was reported in the British Medical Journal. A woman was found to have blood containing two different blood types. Apparently this resulted from her twin brother's cells living in her body.[4] A 1996 study found that such blood group chimerism is not rare.[5]
Hmmm fascinating.

I'd check it out fwiw.

Thanks for sharing and the laughing emoji was aimed at your last paragraph fyi

I don't see your initial post anymore? Want me to delete my responses?
Yeah, that one.

My post is still up, it's on the previous page?

badblue

added because I also don't want to be a miserable bastard :) but I still have bad days from time to time trying to get better figured it out for myself but life is a highway and I wanna ride it all night long well maybe not all all night long I'm getting older and shit just seems like its getting harder and I just don't have the energy anymore I also go off on weird tangents from time to time and ramble what was I trying to say :confused:

Last edited:
I'm really craving something of a repeat of the 7th generation, like a renaissance for the game design philosophies of that era but with today's improvements. I want my favorite franchises, perhaps in spinoffs, or even new IPs in the genres I'm craving, to get games that are generally linear, support co op and online co op or even versus local/online, with horde modes of some type to add replay value to the games after beating the single player. But throw new things in like gyro aim support and today's graphics quality and it could be really satisfying to play

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I've seen this type of shredded cheese at my local grocery store and a few other places:

resize

why-huh.gif

So, it's basically a blend of cheeses with added taco seasonings...

It doesn't make sense to me, though. Why would I want the cheese to taste like the seasoned taco meat I'm putting it on?
I need cheese to be a compliment for my tacos, not emulate them. 😅

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've seen this type of shredded cheese at my local grocery store and a few other places:

resize

why-huh.gif

It doesn't make sense to me, though. Why would I want the cheese to taste like the seasoned taco meat I'm putting it on?

Is it even cheese

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

resize

why-huh.gif

It's for people that dont have tace seasoning. Simple deduction. Are you autistic by any chance?

i love cheese. bought a block of it for my burgers inspired by 22:22:22 22:22:22 . i tried making the burgers but the cheese wouldn't melt and the buurgers were burned. also the bun was not nice maybe i will toast it a little.

going to grate some of it up and have it with everything.

The most exciting thing i've done today is update my internet browser 🤓 i'm on Firefox ESR and the new version came out which is 115.0. I was on 102.13 which release same time as 115.0. The 102 channel is going to get a .14 and a .15 release which would release alongside 115.1 and 115.2. Usually it's recommended to stay on the previous channel until the new one gets a couple updates. So the longest I'd be able to stay on 102 is until September when 115.3 comes out.

The thing with ESR is that you are feature locked to that main version (in my case 102) and the monthly updates are just security patches instead of a whole new version of Firefox. This means that when the time comes to go up to a new version then you're getting months worth of new features and changes so it can break or change the way things work.

So I ran a sandbox version of Windows to download and test the new 115 ESR. After testing it out for a while I decided I was happy with it so I upgraded Firefox. There was a couple bugs related to the extensions menu which I sorted out and I can't seem to get the DNS settings to work with my set up so I have left it off for now. Otherwise I'm happy to report that there are no issues and it's running great.

LostDonkey

It's my Birthday soon and I couldn't give a flying fuck.

My other half is trying to make a big deal about it and I just want to be left alone. I booked the week off work so I can just relax and not have to bother with people.

Getting old is depressing.

Nydius

Had to see a new doctor today because my old one left that particular practice. After running through the litany of symptoms, both old and new, diagnoses, and treatments I’ve been through over the years, she looked me straight in the eyes and, with a near deadly seriousness, said:

“Have none of them discussed the possibility of multiple sclerosis?”

The next few months ought to be interesting. MRIs and spinal taps inbound. :messenger_pensive:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Twitch keeps giving me ads when I ask a streamer a question ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

edit: just happened again... they've got to be doing that on purpose

Last edited:
It's my Birthday soon and I couldn't give a flying fuck.

My other half is trying to make a big deal about it and I just want to be left alone. I booked the week off work so I can just relax and not have to bother with people.

Getting old is depressing.
It was my bday recently and it's just another day. Also I take time off work to chill. Did have a few plans but have done fuck all. It's not as relaxing as I hoped.

I'm having a hard time with anxiety right now. Everything is overwhelming. What is really bothering me is how loud everything is. I've just had to shut myself in my bedroom with the windows and door closed and have my noise cancelling earphones on with no music. It's so peaceful now.

I've never been this bad before. I noticed loud environments starting to irritate and stress me out but it's happening every day now. I can't go anywhere without my earphones incase it starts getting too much. If I can't block it out then I start to panic and have to rush home.

GeekyDad

I'm having a hard time with anxiety right now. Everything is overwhelming. What is really bothering me is how loud everything is. I've just had to shut myself in my bedroom with the windows and door closed and have my noise cancelling earphones on with no music. It's so peaceful now.

I've never been this bad before. I noticed loud environments starting to irritate and stress me out but it's happening every day now. I can't go anywhere without my earphones incase it starts getting too much. If I can't block it out then I start to panic and have to rush home.
What age group are in, if I might ask?

Top Bottom