• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Have you ever had a fart so strong that it burned your eyelids? I did

arnold schwarzenegger eyes GIF

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Do you guys ever think back on all the stupid mistakes you've made in life and cringe to yourself?

cringes

As a matter of fact while repeating myself; yes.

Not only mistakes. I'm talking about conversations, my behaviour, how I acted or percieved myself in the past. I really have a bad case of it.

Sometimes not looking at my alerts for days because I must've said something cringe etc.

Most of the time a cringe memory pops up I instantly respond with some sound, saying fuck me out loud and even singing a sentence haha.

Yeah it sucks.

Glad Mr Buddha got his shit sorted out. Because those are true words but dealing with it... I'm not even halfway I reckon

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
what's that? another lunch you're gonna steal?

All jokes aside... I always wanted to get one, but I don't know what i'd do with it. Turn it into an emulation handheld i guess? but i have my Steam Deck for that.....
You probably don't need one, but if you are interested , check out Jeff Geerling on YouTube. The dude posts some intriguing project ideas for raspberry pis.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I like to take walks sometimes but I perfer doing so in a field or a track. The idea of walking around my neighborhood with all the dogs around kind of scares me, (more of a cat person... i love dogs but their barks put me on edge) plus i like looking at a grassy area.

That being said i walk to get to work and school every day, so i'm getting my steps in whether i like it or not lol

Krathoon

Wow. All of Dawn of War II content is $79.99 on gog and Steam.

If you go on CDKeys, it is $8. Way to mark things up, jackasses.

Stuff like that really annoys the hell out of me. That is why I use key websites.

LostDonkey

With all the talk about the Moon tonight, one thing has always puzzled me. They say the moon rotates on its axis. But....if you were to connect a solid beam, let's say steel, from the moon's equator to the earth's equator, and the earth's end has like a gyro with a bearing to allow it to move around the earth's circumference. Are you following?

Yeah, how is the moon rotating because the end connected to it won't allow it to, yet it still orbits around the earth in this way, only it's not spinning.

It wrecks my head.

Anyway. The moon and stuff.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
With all the talk about the Moon tonight, one thing has always puzzled me. They say the moon rotates on its axis. But....if you were to connect a solid beam, let's say steel, from the moon's equator to the earth's equator, and the earth's end has like a gyro with a bearing to allow it to move around the earth's circumference. Are you following?

Yeah, how is the moon rotating because the end connected to it won't allow it to, yet it still orbits around the earth in this way, only it's not spinning.

It wrecks my head.

Anyway. The moon and stuff.

The moon moves around the earth and rotates as it does so. The special thing is that both movements have exactly the same speed. During a month, the moon orbits the Earth once and rotates exactly once on its own axis.
Synchronous Rotation is what you are looking at. One full Rotation of the moon = one full Revolution around the earth.

Think about moving around a table and always trying to keep your eyes on the table. Then you inevitably have to turn around your own axis as you circle the table.

LostDonkey

The moon moves around the earth and rotates as it does so. The special thing is that both movements have exactly the same speed. During a month, the moon orbits the Earth once and rotates exactly once on its own axis.
Synchronous Rotation is what you are looking at. One full Rotation of the moon = one full Revolution around the earth.

Think about moving around a table and always trying to keep your eyes on the table. Then you inevitably have to turn around your own axis as you circle the table.
I know. But if you connect a solid rod from your waist to the table, the rod won't allow you to turn on your axis. It's all about perspective and it drives me mad.

LostDonkey

The rod just wouldn't allow for an asynchronous rotation, that's all.
But you would still move around the table in the exact same way with the rod connected, like my moon example, it would still face the earth the same way as it does and would orbit the same arrghghghgh it's happening again it hurts my mind...🤣

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
But you would still move around the table in the exact same way with the rod connected, like my moon example, it would still face the earth the same way as it does and would orbit the same arrghghghgh it's happening again it hurts my mind...🤣

Then try to think the other way around. If the moon would not rotate on itself while orbiting around the earth you could see it from all the other sides. I think it's easier to understand this way.

Top Bottom