• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapist gets 6 months because prison sentence would have a severe impact on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucumo

She knows what happened. It'd be like going under for an operation and then being told the surgeon raped you instead. Rape carries such a mental stigma that yes, even in cases where the victim doesn't fully remember the act, it leaves scars.

And to my recollection, she does remember some bits and pieces.

And waking up, knowing you were raped, and feeling the pain and soreness the attack left behind might make it even worse. 'Someone violated me, he could have done anything, I don't remember.' And off goes your stupid brain and it's stupid imagination
Hm, so it's different from actually experiencing the attack and more about knowing you were violated while being unconscious. Pretty much impossible to imagine that feeling. The practical person in me says that never being told one was raped would have been better though.

Dunno, I was going with what the article said where she states that she had no recollection of the event and bystanders said she was unconscious.

I'm no woman, so I can't comment on that (the pain and soreness part). But meh, I still can't wrap my head around what would have been better. Living in ignorance and being "happy" or what actually happened.

Pizoxuat

She knows what happened. It'd be like going under for an operation and then being told the surgeon raped you instead. Rape carries such a mental stigma that yes, even in cases where the victim doesn't fully remember the act, it leaves scars.

And to my recollection, she does remember some bits and pieces.

And waking up, knowing you were raped, and feeling the pain and soreness the attack left behind might make it even worse. 'Someone violated me, he could have done anything, I don't remember.' And off goes your stupid brain and it's stupid imagination

Don't forget, she had to have dirt and pine needles removed from her genitals. There was physical damage leaving absolutely no question about her violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom