• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank 3 [PAL] boxart

Solid

http://www.ratchetandclank3.com/

Release: November 17 2004.

ratchetpack.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doom_Bringer said:
wow that 2d mini game looks fun

Indeed it is. There is a whole, competent game in there. It's 2D with 3D graphics tho (at least animation look "3D fluid" if u get what I mean). Great IQ btw.

TTP said:
Indeed it is. There is a whole, competent game in there. It's 2D with 3D graphics tho (at least animation look "3D fluid" if u get what I mean). Great IQ btw.

Sweet, some cool 2D platforming goodness. I still got to beat R&C:GC, my PS2 broke down during one of the last boss battles :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
For what I played of the preview code before it went in guru meditation at a save point (hence the moment I "Continue" I get the same blue screen with alphanumeric shit everytime) I'm confident it's gonna be the best R&C of the trilogy.

It feels more balanced, huge and overall fun than the previous one. Heck, in the option screen you can even switch between three (IIRC) camera modes, like Standard, Standard + auto camera lock-on on target (so that you can make circles around it without using the right analog stick) and Full First Person. You can decide if u want the game to pause or not when you bring up the quick menu. Progressive scan is in there too, as well as 16:9 and whatever comes to your mind.

Technically, or I may say "optionally", it is the most complete package I have ever seen on PS2.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Die Squirrel Die said:
Should have used the Plasma Whip. That thing is gaming sex. Can only wait to find out what it upgrades to.

Then you need the demo from this month's UK OPS2M. Features a level with the plasma whip, and if you're a no-life bastard who loves the R&C games, you can upgrade most of the weapons to their final form. The plasma whip upgrades aren't as substantial graphically as most of the other weapons, but it becomes a really brutal short range weapon with some mid-range potential. I think it looks better before the upgrade, though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
According to a recent dev interview, the weapons can be upgraded a up to 5 times the first playthrough and another 3 times on the second playthrough...so, who knows, maybe the true final form of the plasma whip is even cooler...or not.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
It's kind of cool. Very definitely mini-game material, though. The controls in the demo level are a little sluggish, and there's no real difficulty curve within the level. It's a bit button-mashy at times for combat as well.

Top Bottom