• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus |OT| Wanna know why they call it RYNOplasty?

PaulloDEC

How many planets have you visited?

Sidenote: jstevenson please make it so that when we're wearing armor, we can do so w/o wearing the mask... and the OG Ratchet skin should be available on ALL Ratchet games... no exceptions.

I'm working through the last one now. I believe there's six in total, with one of those being an arena-only planet.

I only played the original three way back in the day. Which games since are worth playing? I'm finally picking up a PS3 this month, was thinking of getting GameFly and going through some games I missed.

I'd say Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time are unmissable. Quest for Booty and Into the Nexus are both pretty excellent too.

Jinto

Play
Trilogy + Deadlocked
Future Series + Nexus

If you want there is Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank.

Ignore A4O and FA

That helps even more. It would have been rather daunting to try and play each and every game. I only bought Tools of Destruction because it was $5, and I needed to add it to my cart to get free shipping. lol

Kujo

There's an intro level and then 5 other planets, 1 being used for just the arena like Paullo said. Plus Clank segments. No spaceship travel this time, planets are selectable using the menu.

Also I just realised I don't think there was a single rail grinding section

jayu26

There's an intro level and then 5 other planets, 1 being used for just the arena like Paullo said. Plus Clank segments. No spaceship travel this time, planets are selectable using the menu.

:(

Beautiful OP injurai.

This is going to be an awesome way to make the wait for Friday seem shorter as well by, spending the time with these characters. Can't wait to play.

Completed this over the weekend, and really enjoyed my time with it. My first impression...

Full blown, technically-gorgeous PS4 Ratchet, please?

Sounds good.

Yes, freaking please Insomniac. I still remember when we saw Tools of Destruction for the first time, I would love to see Rachet and Clank in PS4 glory.

Actually not an enemy, rather it's from the gun you get that turns all enemies into snowmen and presents. Nifty weapon

I know... like the Quack-O-Ray right?, still the result is spooky (in a good way)

But Size Matters was good.

I know!!!, i loved how you could combine different armor pieces and have different abilities, they should've used that idea on the PS3 games (i know not the same developer but still... great idea)

My first impression was not good on account of the opening level not looking very impressive and suffering from some noticeable performance issues.

How does that fabled first level look?, does it look bad artistically wise speaking?, runs poorly?, what kind of environment is it?

I'm working through the last one now. I believe there's six in total, with one of those being an arena-only planet.

So five worlds basically... i can deal with that, thanks.

Twio

I really hope I'll be able to beat this in the three days proceeding the PS4 launch :(.

Anyway, it looks freaking amazing for a PS3 title!

Kujo

Don't worry, there's a couple of new gameplay additions I thought were quite good. Though one of them I felt could have used some more complex puzzles.

Is Angela in the game?

Does it continue the Talwyn/Max Apogee/lost Lombax storylines?

Are there any really unique weapons or is it just mostly rekins of weapons we've seen before?
No...
Talwyn is in it, but other than that no
From memory I think there's at least a couple of new ones along with reskins/reimagining of others. I can't be 100% on this as there's still some Ratchet games I need to play. There's 12 weapons in total

Just picked it up. Looking forward to playing it as soon as i get home. I've been itching for a new Ratchet game since ACiT. It's been far too long!

AniHawk

that all sounds pretty good, actually.

really looking forward to this. will probably be my favorite ps3 game this year.

Kujo

Location spoilers

Intro level: Inside/outside a flying spaceship
1st Planet: Floating village, nice vistas
2nd Planet: Abandoned city, night
3rd Planet: Arena, orange canyon
4th Planet: Big open swamp
5th Planet: City above fog, daytime

18-Volt

Preordered. There have to be a full fledged PS4 "Nexus" sequel. Insomniac themselves have confirmed that Nexus thing will be a new series/trilogy/whatever, haven't they?

Blader

Preordered. There have to be a full fledged PS4 "Nexus" sequel. Insomniac themselves have confirmed that Nexus thing will be a new series/trilogy/whatever, haven't they?

Just the opposite, they've said it's an epilogue to the Future trilogy.

The next R&C game will probably be a tie-in for the movie.

PaulloDEC

Insomniac drops the ball with the storyline once again. *sigh*

For what it's worth, I loved the storytelling in Nexus. It may actually be my favourite story in the Ratchet universe yet.
The villain duo of Vendra and Neftin felt like a really fresh approach, and they were each well characterised and fun to watch.
I thought the wrap-up was really satisfying too, with a real sense of the pieces falling into place.

18-Volt

Just the opposite, they've said it's an epilogue to the Future trilogy.

Well, that's actually better. The word "Nexus" is very over-used nowadays anyway.

But isn't the movie supposed to be a limited screening thing? I can't imagine it being a worldwide hit, many people have already forgotten that it exists.

Sidzed2

How does that fabled first level look?, does it look bad artistically wise speaking?, runs poorly?, what kind of environment is it?

It's an outer space prison ship / space station thing. For some reason the whole section runs quite poorly and just isn't all that impressive from an artistic perspective. Gives off a bad first impression, which is sad because (for example) the last level is really pretty.

It's okay though, as things get better quickly.

It's an outer space prison ship / space station thing. For some reason the whole section runs quite poorly and just isn't all that impressive from an artistic perspective. Gives off a bad first impression, which is sad because (for example) the last level is really pretty.

It's okay though, as things get better quickly.

Oh, cool... thanks for answering.

PaulloDEC

Just finished up with the last few collectables. I wasn't smart enough to time my play sessions like Mojo, but I'd estimate it took me around seven hours (maybe even a little more) to reach 100% completion. I tend not to rush through games, so that's at a fairly moderate pace of play.

$38 very well spent.

Voror

Will pick this up next week, which will of course add on to my pile of PS3 games to take care of, but I can't pass up on a real Ratchet game.

Throw in my vote for a PS4 game as well.

Kurod

Banned
Is that a straight up snow-globe Morph-o-ray turning baddies into snowmen?

Cool.
Chimpositron is still best

PaulloDEC

Is that a straight up snow-globe Morph-o-ray turning baddies into snowmen?

Pretty much. It shoots a candy-cane coloured ray, and plays Christmas carols.
Why yes, it is freakin' awesome.

Cool.
Chimpositron is still best

That thing is pretty fantastic. I love the blobby coloured-plasma effect it has going on.

Satchel

Banned
On my second play through in Challenge mode on Legend difficulty. Thank god I upgraded everything fully during my first play through. That's all I'm gonna say.

Also, Mojo I finally found all the bolts. Thanks for the help.

Tizoc

OT subtitle should've been 'The Return of Mr. Zurkon
AND FAMILY!
'
Otherwise looking forward to getting it this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn, really wish I could buy this... But with Blizzcon, Dreamhack and PS4 around the corner... No money :(

Nice job with the thread Injurai!

So many amazing OTs popping up today. Really hyped for this, but still a little bitter about AUS getting it a whole 9 days before the UK....

I've successfully avoided any spoilers though, only 5 days left until I get my hands on it...

Skidd

ibgbTXCFhtNqCT.gif

Get hyped!

The movie is a retelling of the first game with slight alteratios. I'd rather play a new game. :p

Top Bottom