• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus |OT| Wanna know why they call it RYNOplasty?

PaulloDEC

The movie is a retelling of the first game with slight alteratios. I'd rather play a new game. :p

Do we think that the movie tie-in game (the one we're all expecting, but hasn't actually been announced or even hinted at, now I come to think about it) would actually have to follow the plot of the movie?

For one, I'm not sure Insomniac would be interested in doing that, and secondly I'm not sure there's any real need to. So long as the game and the movie release around the same time and they're both called some variation of "Ratchet & Clank" I feel like the cross-promotion would work just as well.

Skidd

For one, I'm not sure Insomniac would be interested in doing that, and secondly I'm not sure there's any real need to.
That's why I brought it up. Having a game that follows the movie's story would be silly.

Cross-promotion with a new, post Nexus game would be big though.

Espada

That's why I brought it up. Having a game that follows the movie's story would be silly.

Cross-promotion with a new, post Nexus game would be big though.

That's what I suspect will happen. The movie will be around and a brand new full price Ratchet & Clank game will be around as well. Wrapping up the Future storyline with Nexus leaves the following game to start of a brand new tale.

Ark

Pretty excited for this. Plan on playing it to completion over the weekend and probably trading it in some time before the PS4 hits on the 29th so I can get BF4 at a slightly discounted price. Though that'll only be if it has a decent trade-in value.

Blader

People are saying like 6 - 7 hours. Yeah, its short, but the game is discounted. Many games today are about that long, but cost $60. So there's that.

Throw in QFB for a couple extra hours and it's a pretty good value. Maybe not so much for people who have already played QFB, but luckily, that doesn't apply for me. :lol

Throw in QFB for a couple extra hours and it's a pretty good value. Maybe not so much for people who have already played QFB, but luckily, that doesn't apply for me. :lol

I'm concerned about the Q4B comparisons - i found that game to be extremely mediocre, and not really worth the time (let alone the price of entry).

Love R&C, but if this is another Q4B situation, I might pass it up. Much to my wife's chagrin.

Empty

oh the uk release got moved up. hell yeah

replaying tools of destruction in preperation. fun game and it still looks great but i forgot how much sixaxis junk there was in here haha

Yuterald

I'm concerned about the Q4B comparisons - i found that game to be extremely mediocre, and not really worth the time (let alone the price of entry).

Love R&C, but if this is another Q4B situation, I might pass it up. Much to my wife's chagrin.

Yeah, I imported Q4B years ago (physical edition) and completed it in a day or two. Didn't really leave any lasting impression on me. Just one of those 2-3 day sitting games that makes the days go by faster. Game had some cool ideas (wasn't there some sort of cavern with neat lighting effects and such involving puzzles?), but it didn't have the fun exploration, planet hopping elements that the series was known for.

I'm really hoping Nexus has well hidden Gold Bolts too. Can't tell you how barf-town All 4 One was in the exploration/nooks and crannies department. You would literally trip over the "Gold Bolts" in that game. Not fun.

Vashetti

Banned
It never existed in the first place? Insomniac said that the possibility was being searched, but they would go for it only, if the quality of port was top-notch (in other words: better that that horrible port of FFA).

Why does the game have a cloud-save option and list both PS3 and PS Vita on PSNProfiles?

Burbeting

Banned
Why does the game have a cloud-save option and list both PS3 and PS Vita on PSNProfiles?

Perhaps they have it just in case, if they decide to make the Vita port after all (or if they are making it already, but don't want to spit out too early like with FFA).

Tuck

SO excited for this. Really pumped.

I love Ratchet and Clank. Hope the game arrives soon after launch. Though, I still need to finish up Tomb Raider.

Hopefully we get another full R+C game when the movie comes out. Speaking of the movie, I'm excited for that too. Though, ratchet looked a bit weird in the trailer.

Kujo

I'm really hoping Nexus has well hidden Gold Bolts too. Can't tell you how barf-town All 4 One was in the exploration/nooks and crannies department. You would literally trip over the "Gold Bolts" in that game. Not fun.
There's 12 gold bolts in Nexus (though I think 2 come from winning in the arena, so 10 to actually find), some are pretty well hidden. You do get a mapper after you beat the arena that tells you where they all are. So if you want to find them all your self, don't beat the final gold challenge (or just don't look at your map). I can say that there was at least a few that were hidden in locations that I'd never think of looking without the map

what do the Gold Bolts do anyway
Used for buying gold weapons in challenge mode that level up to 6 (max level is 3 on the standard guns). 12 gold bolts = 12 gold weapons

SykoTech

Man, time has been flying. I've been on media blackout since the reveal, so the launch has kinda snuck up on me.

After 4 years, traditional R&C is upon us once again.

Tuck

This...isn't a serious post, is it?

Eh, the Future storyline wasn't handled as well as I had hoped it would be, so this wouldn't surprise me. The games were all very detached from one another, lacked any semblance of closure, you had characters introduced who would then vanish and play no role in a subsequent game, the Zoni kind of became pointless, etc.

R+C has some surprisingly good continuity though, I'll give them credit for that.

PaulloDEC

Made this earlier, almost forgot to post it:

ibn6fhJUcfDi7S.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Amazon shipped my copy and I only now realized it's coming Tuesday. That day's going to be a mess for me between spending the first half of it searching several stores for my PS4 games and then being able to settle down and play this.

Our review just went live. I really enjoyed it. It's a game for existing fans, so don't expect this to convert you if you haven't liked previous entries. If you've loved previous games, though -- particularly A Crack in Time and Tools of Destruction -- then you'll have plenty of fun with this.

Not to be left in the Netherverse, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus represents a return to form for Insomniac Games’ most enduring double-act. While it’ll do little to catch the attention of series cynics, franchise fans should find themselves drawn to this like a particularly potent gravity beam. The budget price may still be a teensy steep for the rather slender running time, but the focused campaign and enjoyable action mean that this is certainly worth a punt if you’ve got the bolts to spare.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps3/ratchet_and_clank_into_the_nexus

RPGCrazied

Can't wait for this game. Since I'm not getting the new consoles anytime soon, this will hit the spot right now. Trying to play Batman Arkham Origins, but thats a buggy mess.

spliced

Just about everything sounds good. The only thing that concerns me is the anti gravity sections, are they actually fun or are they just there for something different.

Top Bottom