• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus |OT| Wanna know why they call it RYNOplasty?

Derrick01

Banned
Just started playing for a little bit. I have to say the game is gorgeous and if it was called a next gen launch game I don't think most would notice that it's not.

Just moved into a new apartment which has allowed me to pull my PS3 out of storage for the first time in nearly a year. Thinking about picking this up as a celebration of sorts for finally getting back to PS3 gaming.

Just started playing this morning and the game already froze on me on the first planet. Other than that it's pretty fun. The
Nightmare Gun
is a pretty cool idea.

Blader

Small thing, but why didn't they include "Future" in the game's title? Especially if this is supposed to be a part of that series and not tied to any of the spin-offs.

Burbeting

Banned
I liked the trailer :D. Lil' Zurkon is nice touch too.

How much does the game provide closure for the Future Saga? I understood it has kinda open ending, but I'm curious to know. Friday can't come soon enough :).

RPGCrazied

Got this afternoon. Played an hour, got to the first planet. The rift puzzles with clank is awesome. The framerate does get iffy, but I'm not a fps whore.

You do get a ship right? I loved that in CiT. Exploring space and doing those puzzles on the mini planets.

injurai

Banned
Got this afternoon. Played an hour, got to the first planet. The rift puzzles with clank is awesome. The framerate does get iffy, but I'm not a fps whore.

You do get a ship right? I loved that in CiT. Exploring space and doing those puzzles on the mini planets.

You travel planets through a menu, no ship. At least from what I hear, I haven't gotten my copy yet.

Made this earlier, almost forgot to post it:

ibn6fhJUcfDi7S.gif

Excellent. :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Un-be-freakin'-lievable. So I look at my Q4B DLC card, and it's blank where the code should be printed!!!!!! Now I have to deal with that horrendous Sony customer service to get a code I guess? What a sour note on my evening, was so looking forward to playing this (wanted to do Q4B first as it's the only part of the series I never played)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Un-be-freakin'-lievable. So I look at my Q4B DLC card, and it's blank where the code should be printed!!!!!! Now I have to deal with that horrendous Sony customer service to get a code I guess? What a sour note on my evening, was so looking forward to playing this (wanted to do Q4B first as it's the only part of the series I never played)

it apparently is an issue that effected Canadian copies of the game.

on the plus side, Sony Canada customer support should know about it soon (if not already) and be helping effected customers.

injurai

Banned

Appeal to their sense of next-gen jolly. Godspeed, I can imagine that being disappointing.

Derrick01

Banned

I'll save you time, you can have mine since I have the game already. I'm assuming it doesn't matter it's a code from another country.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
*sigh* I doubt Sony Canada will do anything. I had to deal with sony support once a few years ago, and honest to God it's the worst customer support I have ever dealt with in my life. I don't even have the energy or patience to call them. No longer in the mood to even play Nexus tonight :(

enigmatic_alex44

Yup. Check your PMs.

thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!! Downloading as we speak. Honestly after the rough day I've had (getting over cold 1st day back to work) ending with this DLC fiasco, you have no idea how much you made my day. The kindness of strangers :)

Derrick01

Banned
thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!! Downloading as we speak. Honestly after the rough day I've had (getting over cold 1st day back to work) ending with this DLC fiasco, you have no idea how much you made my day. The kindness of strangers :)

Glad I was able to help and save someone's night. It also helps that Q4B is a pretty solid little game.

Not a fan of the choice to go with a lower framerate this time. I love my R&C to run silky smooth. Fun game so far though. I rented a copy and I don't think it has been used at all so I might have a free Q4B code for someone as well.

BHZ Mayor

I've searched for this but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm at the first Clank mission and I'm at the part where it tells me to "Use the D-pad to look right." I've been mashing away at the d-pad and absolutely nothing happens. WTF?

Edit: I figured out that I just needed to jump off and switch gravity, but what was the point of that prompt? Was it supposed to be a camera shift or something? If so, it absolutely doesn't work.

Cactus

Banned
Wow, I'm missing the QFB code too and the guy on the help line had no idea what I was talking about.

This is extremely frustrating.

TripOpt55

I played a world and a half plus one tournament in the Arena. Definitely been a good time so far. Talwyn's first appearance was pretty great. Glad she is back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna watch a playthrough of this until I get this in my hands :(

Five

Banned
I totally forgot I'd preordered this game, and was going to pick it up after work but then decided not to. Surprise, it was in the mail when I came home.

Anyway, I don't need my QfB code, so Esrever got it. (edit: you're quite welcome!)

Game is pretty good so far. I just finished the second world. It's a little unpolished in places, though. I've gotten stuck on some collision. Controls are like they were in the MOBA instead of how they were in other future titles, except no dash boots. Auto-aim made the game too easy, so I turned it off, but then it made using the grav tether a pain: the reticule suggests that you can be much wider in aiming at grav targets than you actually can be. So grav tether is probably the main addition I don't actually like.

But some of the other changes are pretty good. The Clank sections, instead of ripping off Chronotron rip off VVVVVV, but are pretty good. The weapon-upgrade system has been tweaked to have fun bonuses. Jumping around between sections with the grav boots is a joy.

Gonna play the rest of it tomorrow or the next day, so I can have it done before the PS4 is here.

Does anyone know when the code for R&C: Quest for Booty expires?

Mine says it's valid until October 29th of 2016, so no rush! :p

Some Guy

My QFB code is blank as well, which is a shame because I haven't played it. :(

On the positive side, Nexus has been great so far.

(Edit: Thank you, abe_bly!)

spliced

Played through they first planet and I'm liking it so far, I'm glad they put in the double tap quick landing with the grav boots, it made the intro feel more zippy. This game is a step up graphically from ToD(which is the most recent R&C game I've played), the wrench animation is a lot different too. One thing that made me laugh is sometimes when you jump on boxes they go shooting across the room like a rocket lol, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but it's funny.

The Clank parts aren't anything too exciting but they aren't tedious which hasn't always been the case so I'm happy about that. I thought Yerek was a solid first planet, hopefully the rest are just as good.

I've searched for this but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm at the first Clank mission and I'm at the part where it tells me to "Use the D-pad to look right." I've been mashing away at the d-pad and absolutely nothing happens. WTF?

Edit: I figured out that I just needed to jump off and switch gravity, but what was the point of that prompt? Was it supposed to be a camera shift or something? If so, it absolutely doesn't work.

Yeah it's just a camera look.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK YEAH THEY SENT MY COPY :D

TimmiT

At the first planet past the intro level now. I'm enjoying it so far, it's more of the same but with Ratchet & Clank I think that's fine as long as it's well designed, which it is. The framerate is pretty bad though. I don't mind the lack of 60 fps too much (though it is preferable), but it'd be nice if the game at least ran at a solid 30 fps most of the time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
it seems as if a big chunk of copies that went to canada had blank codes. Sony is aware and working on a solution, so hang tight, and apologies for the mix-up

received my copy yesterday. played about an hour or so and i'm really enjoying it. seems like good old school ratchet and clank.

I broke down and bought this last night. Played through the intro level and loved it. Graphics are amazing and gameplay is solid as usual. I can tell this is going to be another great R&C game. Glad this came to PS3 so I could pick it up!

Camjo-Z

I stopped about halfway through to finish Quest For Booty first once it finished downloading, but my thoughts so far on ITN:

• All the framerate concerns were ridiculous. 30 FPS hasn't affected the action at all and if there were dips they certainly didn't hinder my experience in any way.

• The new weapons are all fun to use, although the Netherblades are kind of disappointing since they're basically just the Buzz Blades with a dark color scheme. My favorite is the Nightmare Box, the enemies jumping back when it pops open is pretty funny.

• Ratchet games have never been epic tales or anything, but I've seen this game's exact plot before in an episode of Teen Titans, except here the plot twist is blatantly obvious from the start and just makes the girl villain look stupid and gullible rather than lonely. I've yet to finish the game so maybe there's another twist later on, but so far the story is pretty weak. The humor is still good at least.

Top Bottom