• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 speculation

SantaC

Teh old? I have never heard the rumor before that Leon would meet 4 other heros from previous RE games.

Thanks to illninofan.

http://boards.ign.com/GameCube_General_Board/b5002/67968030/?15

Leon S. Kennedy is the main character, but he will meet 4 other heros from previous games

- You can run around with the guns and can even put it away while running.

- Leon can hold a weapon in every hand. for example a knife in the left and a pistole in the right one

- Zombies not just see you, they even can smell and hear you now.

- Zombies can climb through windows

- You can barricade doors like in RE Outbreak.

- If you are shooting a zombie whos alone in a room, his comrades might hear it and they are coming after you.

- You can hit the zombies on different parts. Means a shot in the breast helps more than a shot at his hand for example.

- Weapons are knifes, pistoles, machine guns, molotov cocktails
(and more not known yet)

- You can switch between two perspectives when aiming at an enemy.

All those details are based of the video and comments during Gamer's Day '04. We all thought this was referring to RE3.5.

Of course thanks to TheBigG753 he pointed out that in Gamer's Day '04 they revealed footage of RE4 NOT RE3.5.

I mean remove the word "zombie" and replace it with "villager".

Leon S. Kennedy is the main character, but he will meet 4 other heros from previous games

- You can run around with the guns and can even put it away while running.

- Leon can hold a weapon in every hand. for example a knife in the left and a pistole in the right one

- Villagers not just see you, they even can smell and hear you now.

- Villagers can climb through windows

- You can barricade doors like in RE Outbreak.

- If you are shooting a villager whos alone in a room, his comrades might hear it and they are coming after you.

- You can hit the villagers on different parts. Means a shot in the breast helps more than a shot at his hand for example.

- Weapons are knifes, pistoles, machine guns, molotov cocktails (and more not known yet)

- You can switch between two perspectives when aiming at an enemy.

Now doesn't that sound exactly like RE4.

So now we know that in Gamer's Day they revealed RE4 (not 3.5) so that means if this info is reliable there are FOUR returning characters in RE4.

olimario

Banned
I'm excited to hear all of these details about Resident Evil 4, but my underlying problem with the previous games wasn't the lack of more playable characters or the ability to dual wield, but rather the shallow combat. Even in RE4 the combat looks clumsy and unpolished.

Ecrofirt said:
Someone care to explain RE3.5?

the version of RE4 that was shown (early) and scrapped. The one with the disease theme. The one with Leon and a huge furry collar. (the current collar is less furry). And also FPS view.

RE 3.5

Ranger X

I always thought of those villager as zombies anyway. They would have said to us "those are zombies of RE4" and we would have said "oh niice!!!".

Simo

TheGreenGiant said:
the version of RE4 that was shown (early) and scrapped. The one with the disease theme. The one with Leon and a huge furry collar. (the current collar is less furry). And also FPS view.

RE 3.5

That'd mean there would also be a RE3.6 & 3.7 since the team began work and scrapped 3 builds of the game all in the span of from November 2002-Late 2003 since the 2002 vid and E3 2003 trailer were 2 different builds of the game. Capcom never publically released any media on the "Third version".

Top Bottom