• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

I'm in need of some thumping music for the gym later (single album). Preferably lyricless... so something electronic most likely. If it's dubstep, no wub overdose.

Any recommendations?

I'm gonna buy it from itunes. Don't look at me like that
EZ.
Kashiwa Daisuke, Program music.

Album contains only two songs totaling to an hour of music. This is the first track and one of my absolutely favorite songs:
Kashiwa Daisuke- Stella
In the first few minutes of "Stella", Kashiwa Daisuke uses the sounds of running water as a sample interlaced with his omnipresent piano and strings. He takes that sound, however, and breaks it up so that the running water no longer runs and instead limps. Music often flows like running water, and with this sample, Daisuke lays out his musical philosophy immediately, showing that he will take the most flowing, beautiful music and chop it up as he pleases.

If Daisuke's piano and strings represent a piece of glass, untouched and perfectly clear, then his samples and beats represent a huge sledgehammer with which he destroys the glass and laughs as the glass shatters and falls to the ground. His aim, so precise, causes the glass to fall into a perfect shape in its shattered form, much like Picasso's cubist paintings or Dali's melted clocks.

Each piece of glass, its own unique shape, holds inside its own musical motif. Yet as the shapes of glass all fit together, so do the motifs. In this, Daisuke creates organized chaos of epic proportions, perhaps the most epic the electronic world has seen.

EDIT: Oh, thumping and wubs wubs...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Grilled unagi? No, definitely not. Most of our places in Eugene do sushi only. Some places get a little more exciting, but not much more than that (and none of it particularly good, either.)

Izumi has it: http://www.izumisushieugene.com/dinner_specialties.html

Sushi-ya too: http://eugenesushiya.com/menu.php?menu=misc#don-buri

It's the "una ju" on the menu.

No idea if it's any good (those particular restaurants' dishes, I mean. The cuisine itself is great, when made properly)

edit: this place too: http://www.sushidomoeugene.com/ (BBQ unagi bowl)

Took my least capable laptop, Cr-48, with me to Starbucks so I could get some work done. I forgot how annoying high school girls can be. Thank God for noise cancelling headphones and Google Music

Hahaha. Nice, KCC (and scary). Will be joining you guys later for the cooking (while at the office, :p) and then home post 10 EST for the dancing. Gonna be a full house tonight. :)

Clearacell... you look drunk already. Heehee.

This was last night :p

Took my least capable laptop, Cr-48, with me to Starbucks so I could get some work done. I forgot how annoying high school girls can be. Thank God for noise cancelling headphones and Google Music

Did you get a seat in the corner and they all converge on you or something?

Acid08

Banned
haha, I was looking for something to make me agitated, angry and unapproachable. Not quite what I was expecting, but cool nonetheless.

Also, no wub wubs.

Man, all the aggressive music I have has lyrics over it. Wish I could help out, instrumentals/electronic isn't really my forte.

Man, all the aggressive music I have has lyrics over it. Wish I could help out, instrumentals/electronic isn't really my forte.

You know i'm part of the Gaf-Hop family, dude(extended family maybe).

Problem is I cbf making a playlist and the guaranteed weed song really fucks up my pump

Kccitystar

I'm in need of some thumping music for the gym later (single album). Preferably lyricless... so something electronic most likely. If it's dubstep, no wub overdose.

Any recommendations?

I'm gonna buy it from itunes. Don't look at me like that

So you plan on buying an album? Why not just buy songs you like?

So you plan on buying an album? Why not just buy songs you like?

It'd be cheaper for one.

I was expecting a response like "_____ really gets me going. Get that."

^^^

Thanks, Acid. I downloaded LA Riot months ago and it got lost in my download folder. Will definitely give it a shot today.

This was last night :p

Did you get a seat in the corner and they all converge on you or something?

I missed that part, then. I'm kind of relieved for you. I was like, damn, clearacell is hardcore. O_O

Just popped in for a sec and saw leadbelly all by his lonesome. Haha. <--Me, leadbelly! Heehee.

leadbelly

Banned
It was Protag, she's stalking you :3

I'll be in there with you in a bit, homework is almost done.

Yeah ^

one thing I still haven't figured out. Is there any settings wthin tinychat to increase the brightness on your webcam? it seems dark on there.

It was Protag, she's stalking you :3

I'll be in there with you in a bit, homework is almost done.

You know, braiiiinssssss... But, nah, just on break and surfing a bit. Made me laugh bc the same thing happened to me last night before things got underway. I was the only one on camera and it felt very awkward. Haha.

Have you ever held a human brain in your hands? Or idly watched in a formaldehyde-choked room as a pathologist deftly sectioned said brain, revealing tissue riddled with A&#946; plaque depositions?

Not particularly sexy.

I have. It was pretty awesome. I loved going to neuroscience labs.

If I could do college over again, I'd definitely tell my younger self to stop slacking off and pay attention so I could have the grades to go to medical school for psychiatry.

Alucrid

Banned
Have you ever held a human brain in your hands? Or idly watched in a formaldehyde-choked room as a pathologist deftly sectioned said brain, revealing tissue riddled with A&#946; plaque depositions?

Not particularly sexy.

I've held a pig fetus' brain.

Ehhh, even the thought of the smell of formaldehyde makes me uneasy.

Acid08

Banned

Not particularly sexy.

Plaque depositions you say? mmmmmmm
3AQmK.gif

I have. It was pretty awesome. I loved going to neuroscience labs.

If I could do college over again, I'd definitely tell my younger self to stop slacking off and pay attention so I could have the grades to go to medical school for psychiatry.

Now imagine the same scenario in a room full of Harvard Medical School neuroanatomists, all of whom have the mysterious ability to accurately order 30 &#956;m unstained coronal sections rostrocaudally simply by glancing at white matter tracts.

Careful, you're being judged.

ZeroRay

Not particularly sexy.

I have. Well, sheep brain. High school, you know.

That formaldehyde smell stayed with me for a month.

Not particularly sexy.

Alzheimer brains are inherently unsexy, but the formaldehyde scent is particularly off-putting. Fresh is best. (and no, no human brains yet, but plenty in HS biology from sad little animals)

Hello RPers. I haven't really had time to keep up with this thread lately but I thought I'd jump back in for the final 24 hours or so. Your beautiful mugs will be missed!

Now imagine the same scenario in a room full of Harvard Medical School neuroanatomists, all of whom have the mysterious ability to accurately order 30 &#956;m unstained coronal sections rostrocaudally simply by glancing at white matter tracts.

Careful, you're being judged.

Well, I didn't have a room full of stuffy Harvard folks but I did have a Chinese TA who barely spoke any English that expected more out of the Asian students than the white ones.

I added cooked broccoli to my banana smoothie tonight. Looks like broccoli and cheese soup, tastes delicious.

That... sounds awful, but it could be good...?

Hello RPers. I haven't really had time to keep up with this thread lately but I thought I'd jump back in for the final 24 hours or so. Your beautiful mugs will be missed!

Hey, echo! It has been a while! You going back to your old avy, I take it?

http://tinychat.com/ss62/597e58/1f/clearacell/rpgaf/01-30-2012

http://i.imgur.com/ZXegN.png[img][/QUOTE]

You'll always be in my dance party, clearacell. *tear*

[quote="Sagitario, post: 34699994"]Changed my pic just for the last day.
This month has been great!
LONG LIVE REAL PIC GAF![/QUOTE]

Haha. It [I]has[/I] been a great month. Met so many new people and did a lot of stupid stuff. ^_^

Hey, echo! It has been a while! You going back to your old avy, I take it?

Hellooooooo! I'm taking the opportunity to switch back to my bear, actually. I miss him, and I found some suitable still images that will substitute for my ol' gif
until evilore comes to his senses and brings back animated avatars

...and now I realized how awesome RealPic would be if .gif avs were still allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom