• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I feel the same. Not hot in the usual fire near me good way either.

Oh dear, it's catching on RP.

Okay okay, Kark-style confession time:

I didn't really like most of Nickelodeon. I'm sorry, I know this will disappoint everyone, but it's true. The humor on that network just wasn't really my thing. Especially in the mid-90s when gross-out humor was prevalent.

I didn't really like most of Nickelodeon. I'm sorry, I know this will disappoint everyone, but it's true. The humor on that network just wasn't really my thing. Especially in the mid-90s when gross-out humor was prevalent.

I only liked Ren and Stimpy. The rest sucked.

.la1n

But...but...you liked The Adventures of Pete & Pete?

I mean...it still holds up today.

please don't break me

jasonng

Doug isn't even offensive! I don't even care if you dislike the other shows. I didn't appreciate Adventures of Pete & Pete until I watched it again in college. That show was incredibly smart.

Edit: We are two peas in a pod.

Only show I never cared for on Nick was Red and Stimpy. Always found it to be dumb and boring.

In other news, got all the VDay stuff prepared and taken care off. Got my girl a digital camera among small other things. Can't wait to give it to her.

.la1n

Doug isn't even offensive! I don't even care if you dislike the other shows.

I didn't appreciate Adventures of Pete & Pete until I watched it again in college. That show was incredibly smart.

Edit: We are two peas in a pod.

Exactly, if you watch it now you can appreciate how incredibly ahead of it's time it was.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
But...but...you liked The Adventures of Pete & Pete?

I mean...it still holds up today.

please don't break me

Honestly, I don't think I ever got a chance to watch much of this. It was on at some awkward hour for me I seem to recall.

Besides, even back then I rarely sat around and watched TV. I had my shows, but once those were done I'd go and read or game or something.

.la1n

Honestly, I don't think I ever got a chance to watch much of this. It was on at some awkward hour for me I seem to recall.

Besides, even back then I rarely sat around and watched TV. I had my shows, but once those were done I'd go and read or game or something.

That was a close call. Okay I still love you.

RawPower

Banned
Yup, it's snowing outside. By the way, I think Ren and Stimpy was one of the only Nick shows I didn't like back then. I'll have to watch it again.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was trying to think of some live-action shows I DID watch. There weren't many. And I have very specific tastes, as you'll soon see.

Adventures in Wonderland was a live-action TV series on the Disney channel. I loved the Red Queen.

Fairy Tale Theatre, which did fairy tales using 80s celebrities. The Princess and the Pea episode was my favorite, I watched it many times (and also, I have the whole series on DVD >>)

And then of course, Lois and Clark. It's the only time I really got into anything Superman.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh, good. Some else admitted it.

Doug was easily one of the worst Nick shows of that era.

\o/

Also, for any Gunnerkrigg Court fans out there (if there is anyone besides SA and myself): Today's page is aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme.

How is "Adventure Time"? It's pretty much the only current "kids'" show that I'm told by some is really amazing.

Pretty great but I can easily see how it would turn someone off with its humor.

There's an underlying story about it being a post-apocalyptic world that (to its benefit) pretty much never gets addressed and I can see how that might bother people.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I wish I could've seen more of this show. I only caught it near the tail-end of the sho's run..

I think I watched it pretty much from first episode to last. I remember seeing commercials before it debuted and making sure to watch it that night.

When I was in Japan, I even saw an episode in Japanese :O

Speaking of Cartoon Network, I really miss Teen Titans.

Cartoon Network at some point in the mid-aughts changed their pitching policy so everything had to be pitched as a new show with no names or licenses attached.

So, say, Justice League was hypothetically pitched as "A team of superheroes are fighting an evil billionaire that has discovered an anti-life formula and became like a God" or whatever and it got canned because they didn't like the idea.

Teen Titans got the boot for similar reasons.

It didn't help that DC in that era was super fucking crazy about what it was doing with its cartoons. The rules they had were nuts.

I wish I could've seen more of this show. I only caught it near the tail-end of the sho's run.

I wasn't too big on L&C, but that wonderful wonderful moment where that guy from the future chastised Lois's legendary anti-perception was enough pure gold to give it a spot in the List of Shows To Be Remembered.

It's pretty wacky, but very, VERY entertaining.

The type of younger viewer show that I like tends towards stuff like Fairly Odd-Parents. I can definitely handle some degree of wacky.

How is "Adventure Time"? It's pretty much the only current "kids'" show that I'm told by some is really amazing.

4607188580_5c4bde2960_2299.jpg

1895001_o.gif

Convinced yet?

Also my housemate will never watch it purely because of the face Finn is making in that gif. It's completely turned her off it >_>

So, say, Justice League was hypothetically pitched as "A team of superheroes are fighting an evil billionaire that has discovered an anti-life formula and became like a God" or whatever and it got canned because they didn't like the idea.

JLU was achieving godly status when they were locking into that ongoing story line of "How close in morality to that of the Justice Lords would Our Heroes go in order to protect the world". I got enough out of the show to be content, but I think it had another couple seasons that could have been glorious in it.

RawPower

Banned
Cartoon Network at some point in the mid-aughts changed their pitching policy so everything had to be pitched as a new show with no names or licenses attached.

It didn't help that DC in that era was super fucking crazy about what it was doing with its cartoons. The rules they had were nuts.

Damn shame. It doesn't help that it ended on a cliffhanger either. 2004/05 was the best period for Cartoon Network (imo).

.la1n

Well their main office is right in the area...me + you + fire? I think we can get some changes made.

or at least scare the hell out of them

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I've actually really been wanting to watch Adventure Time after I saw the comic pages the Dinosaur Comics guy was writing.

Not on Netflix for streaming though. :<

You suck.

Seriously, give Adventure Time a shot. There hasn't been a cartoon since I was a kid that has filled me with such unrelenting joy.

Haha, sorry, I didn't mean the animation quality, I meant the facial expression.

How can I be hot on the inside, but cold on the outside. Answer me, GAF :<

You're a McDLT?

edit: I just remotely opened up chrome on my home computer, set up a new tab with an Adventure Time google search, and closed it. Next time I go into chrome (to stalk rpchat, for instance, or to watch nwa), it'll be the first thing I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom