• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
lol

I just noticed something strange. I paid for my new phone with my credit card. I got it at reduced price of course as it was with a contract. I've just noticed that they have refunded me the money. :D

If you remember they sent me the wrong phone and I sent it back to them. When I phoned them up a few days later, they said that they won't bother refunding me the money on that phone, they would just send me the new phone. There has been a mix up obviously and they refunded me by mistake.

They could actually charge me again, I don't know yet, but what a bonus that would be if they don't figure out what they have done. :D

I feel unreasonably depressed at his loss. It's weird.

Learning Japanese.

Pursuing funding for a project.

Thinking about the treadmill.

The usual.

Woohoo! 学問のすすめ, HO!

My middle name starts with a D

Can you guess what it is?

Dragon

my middle name is scott

You're not playing the game right, Hawk.

解ればいいのに。

I assumed that everybody who wasn't me knew it.

I used to totally be able to speak it at a three-year-old level. I was very proud. :D

Now I'm at the point where I can speak more Sumerian than I can Japanese.

za'e igi-ene dug tuku-men
← I wouldn't've been able to say that had you not joined RP-GAF

edit: Actually, my Sumerian's pretty rusty now, too. Maybe I'll make linguistic studies one of my 2012 projects.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm at Clarkson University which is mostly a Engineering and Business school. I think they may have spanish thorough an associated college though, so i might try that next semester.

Assuming this is the same school: "Cross-registration at neighboring area colleges and universities can provide additional college credits, particularly in art, music and languages. These credits also appear on an official Clarkson University transcript."

Try this? :eek:

I assumed that everybody who wasn't me knew it.

I used to totally be able to speak it at a three-year-old level. I was very proud. :D

Now I'm at the point where I can speak more Sumerian than I can Japanese.

za'e igi-ene dug tuku-men
← I wouldn't've been able to say that had you not joined RP-GAF

edit: Actually, my Sumerian's pretty rusty now, too. Maybe I'll make linguistic studies one of my 2012 projects.

Sumerian? I'm totally jealous!

I wish I knew more languages. All of my time was spent polishing my Japanese skills ._. Fortunately my next two languages, German and French, will go a little faster.

noah111

Still Alive
BTW any of you guys here from sentry on here or IRC/TC? All I keep hearing on the news is bad stuff from Syria.
Aww, thanks man (and everyone else). I'm good, I get on the IRC occasionally, but my sleeping cycle is totally set, i'm sleeping good and waking up early.

Kinda sucks though, I'm about to go to sleep right now, actually (10:30PM), and if I hop on the TC when I wake up (around 6-8AM here), it'll just be starting to die down.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll try to stay on top of this thread more, though. :)

Acid08

Banned
I came home for lunch. Apparently Sumo has had a really rough day... he doesn't really want to talk about it.

pTnVV.jpg

Awwww poor baby. I really need some animals in my life. This girl I'm crushing on has a bunch that I can play with but that's a whole other thing.

.la1n

Aww, thanks man (and everyone else). I'm good, I get on the IRC occasionally, but my sleeping cycle is totally set, i'm sleeping good and waking up early.

Kinda sucks though, I'm about to go to sleep right now, actually (10:30PM), and if I hop on the TC when I wake up (around 6-8AM here), it'll just be starting to die down.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll try to stay on top of this thread more, though. :)

Yeah I know that time schedule makes it hard for you to hang out with us. Good to see you around.

Davedough

Wow.... lunch break turned into an hour and thirty minute break. Funny how time gets away from you when you're miserable at your job.

Assuming this is the same school: "Cross-registration at neighboring area colleges and universities can provide additional college credits, particularly in art, music and languages. These credits also appear on an official Clarkson University transcript."

Try this? :eek:

Sumerian? I'm totally jealous!

I wish I knew more languages. All of my time was spent polishing my Japanese skills ._. Fortunately my next two languages, German and French, will go a little faster.

Sumerian is shockingly logical. The grammar is totally straightforward, which is something that kills me with most languages. (edit: I mean the opposite of that, arbitrary rules all over the place, kills me -- see, it's even destroying me in my own native language!)

In the example I gave,
za'e igi-ene dùg tuku-men

It follows a subject object verb system, not unlike that of very basic Japanese, and it uses suffices ("suffixes"?) for everything instead of weird, arbitrary conjugation rules.

Subject Object-Pluralizer Adjective Verb-Inflection

Er, I forgot if the 'e part of za'e was an inflection or served some other purpose. Wow, I'm out of practice! I wish I had some Sumerians to practice on back then when I was learning.

by the way, the bro version of the above phrase would be:
za'e gaba dùg tuku-men

It's important to not use the bro version when chatting with a non-ho, though. Otherwise, you risk getting your giš cut off.

edit: it does, however, have too many different types of accent characters. That's dùg, not dug (pronounced "doog" as in "Doogie Howser", not pronounced "doug" as in "Douglas")

I didn't comment on the Star Wars debate yesterday so I will chime in now. I never cared for Star Wars growing up. My first star wars movie was actually the phantom menace which I enjoyed. Then I saw The clone wars which I also enjoyed. I read the Revenge of the Sith book which was amazing before the movie came out which lead to more enjoyment. The day after I saw the original 3 movies all in a row and loved them. Seeing the movies in that order was great. They aren't the best movies ever made but I liked them all and still have a fondness for anything star wars related.
tvxKN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom