• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
I feel this is a fitting song. Even though Ben Weasel is an arsehole.

But yeah, I'm into music that's more about energy/rawness that anything else, really. For the most part. There are obviously exceptions. Led Zeppelin just fall into the not good category for me.

Fair enough. I think they have tons of songs that are all about the energy, and their first album is very raw, but they're not for everyone.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm going to go with the microwave answer. :D

Just watched the first episode of Adventure Time. It's pretty great!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Argggggh! That's it, I was going to hang out at work some more, but now I gotta beeline home and get some watchin' on.

...as long as I don't accidentally start Civ4 when I get to my computer.

It just struck the right chord of crazy wacky with me, without getting into stupid humor. I really appreciate that in a show, especially in cartoons for children.

Also, I love Princess Bubblegum.

I think one of my favourite things about Adventure Time is that it never ends in that annoying way so many kids cartoons (and a lot of sitcoms) end each episode, with the whole "AND WE LEARNED TO BE FRIENDS" or whatever.

That always ruins things for me.

^^ I've watched a couple of episodes, it's pretty good.

I think one of my favourite things about Adventure Time is that it never ends in that annoying way so many kids cartoons (and a lot of sitcoms) end each episode, with the whole "AND WE LEARNED TO BE FRIENDS" or whatever.

That always ruins things for me.

Now you know my terrible secret.

I used to wear glasses.

RawPower

Banned
I've seen it a few times.

The writing's pretty good but there were a few cases where I felt it was trying to make jokes that would only appeal to a very specific "I can't believe they wrote that on a cartoon!" crowd and that turned me off.

That's pretty much what 95 percent of Adultswim is. They should have moved this show there.

Heh, it sounds like they just don't care anymore. I know that's probably not the reason, but that's what it looks like from my end.

Another thing is I think what is allowed in children's shows has really slipped since a decade or more ago. Really I guess Adult swim not getting any ritzier is more surprising when you look at it that way.

RawPower

Banned
Another thing is I think what is allowed in children's shows has really slipped since a decade or more ago. Really I guess Adult swim not getting any ritzier is more surprising when you look at it that way.

I remember when they wouldn't even let the word "god" escape the censors. That was pretty extreme, in my opinion. I'm glad to see they eased up a bit on that. These kids are only going to be exposed to swear words as soon as they grow up anyway, if not even earlier than that. It just can't be avoided.

marrec

Banned
OMG super awesome important and shocking news:

My Fiancee was accepted to Pitt! She starts in August!

Yay!

And you can be hot inside while cold outside because of Aliens.

Since we were talking about Adventure Time, I will point out that Pendleton Ward just revealed his new project.

bravestwarriors.jpg

Puddles

Banned
I remember when they wouldn't even let the word "god" escape the censors. That was pretty extreme, in my opinion. I'm glad to see they eased up a bit on that. These kids are only going to be exposed to swear words as soon as they grow up anyway, if not even earlier than that. It just can't be avoided.

Words are wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom