• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

work today, sums it up nicely.

HEsag.jpg

I've never seen you so unrepentantly fangirl over anything. :eek:

great isn't it?

Oh man, you guys... the Double Fine Kickstarter!

I can't believe they've managed to get DOUBLE their goal in less than 24 hours. Every time I look it's another $5000 or $10000. They're breaking all sorts of records for this sort of thing.

This is so exciting.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Can Psychonauts 2 get made yet?

That's notch's thing, this is for something else entirely.

Well, it's for a point and click adventure which is my favorite genre, made by Tim Schafer who is a master of the genre and one of my most favorite people in the industry!

For me, it's amazing because of how "dead" everyone claimed the genre to be (even though there has been a steady stream of games coming out for years, and it makes me incredibly sad that games like Gray Matter are hardly known to anyone.) There are a lot of fans who were just waiting for it. None of us WANTED the genre to be dead.

And I know a lot of money is coming from people who don't even like the genre. They just want to see an idea like this WORK. And that's amazing to me to.

It's really adorable. But I think a lot of that is the avatar.

So it was just annoying in IRC? D:

marrec

Banned
Well, it's for a point and click adventure which is my favorite genre, made by Tim Schafer who is a master of the genre and one of my most favorite people in the industry!

For me, it's amazing because of how "dead" everyone claimed the genre to be (even though there has been a steady stream of games coming out for years, and it makes me incredibly sad that games like Gray Matter are hardly known to anyone.) There are a lot of fans who were just waiting for it. None of us WANTED the genre to be dead.

And I know a lot of money is coming from people who don't even like the genre. They just want to see an idea like this WORK. And that's amazing to me to.

I myself am not a huge fan of PnC games (Full Throttle/New Monkey Islands were the last PnC games I've played) but I'm willing to give Tim and Ron my money because I know they will put out a quality product (Brutal Legend notwithstanding).

I just hope that other people don't expect to have this kind of response on kickstarter. Double Fine and Tim Schaffer are given the benefit of the doubt because of their massive contributions in the past.

So apparently, I have a webcam now.

Oh, I know.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yes.

It was adorable there, too. The avatar just helps.

As RP's resident P&C/Tim Schafer/Double Fine fangirl, I have a reputation to uphold!

Now, Ragnar, let's talk about your Kickstarter for the next The Longest Journey game. I have the money right here, I just need you to open the flood gates.

I played a few of the Telltale PnCs but even they tend to lose steam before the end.

I was enjoying BttF but just stopped caring by the final episode.

I have them, but I haven't finished any of them. I don't think they're even good examples of the genre THIS gen.

Karkador

Banned
Somewhat related to PnCs, one type of game I find to be really cool is where your character is autonomous and have their own "will"/AI, and so your role is to guide them somehow, usually through PnC manipulation of the environment. There are so few games I can think of that do this, but a good example is Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (shut up, it's fun), or Black & White.

I was reminded of it while playing 5 Days A Stranger last night, and how a lot of PnC characters aren't actually supposed to be you, they're someone you're directing in a space and break the fourth wall a lot.

Puddles

Banned
Wow, haven't seen that Page artwork I created in a long time.

Good to see you sporting it again.

You made it? It really is awesome. Wrath2X suggested it for me just before he got banned, but I didn't know who the artist was. Really well done. :)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Somewhat related to PnCs, one type of game I find to be really cool is where your character is autonomous and have their own "will"/AI, and so your role is to guide them somehow, usually through PnC manipulation of the environment. There are so few games I can think of that do this, but a good example is Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (shut up, it's fun), or Black & White.

I was reminded of it while playing 5 Days A Stranger last night, and how a lot of PnC characters aren't actually supposed to be you, they're someone you're directing in a space and break the fourth wall a lot.

Are you enjoying the game, at least? :D

Oh dear. Not sure if I'm going to have a ride to the audition this saturday. :I

You'll find a way! :O

So yesterday was super shitty in so many ways and I was like "Stay positive, tomorrow will be fine" and woke up today being positive.

As I was brushing my teeth, a car hit the curb in front of my house and knocked down my mailbox.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So yesterday was super shitty in so many ways and I was like "Stay positive, tomorrow will be fine" and woke up today being positive.

As I was brushing my teeth, a car hit the curb in front of my house and knocked down my mailbox.

:<

At least it didn't crash into the front of your house? :O

I went to a restaurant recently where having that happen was part of the history of the place. (They had awful food, though.)

Beef, take a cab or something.

Missing an audition is not a good idea. :(
mw8WN.jpg

You'll find a way! :O
Let's hope so. While I can still email them an audition, I have no material whatsoever to supply, so it would be a preeeeeetty shitty submission.

...DA HELL

Xun

You made it? It really is awesome. Wrath2X suggested it for me just before he got banned, but I didn't know who the artist was. Really well done. :)
Yeah, you even sent me a PM asking if you could use it actually (back in 2010).

And thanks.

Use your new dentotelekinetic powers wisely.

Good news is that the HOA has to fix it as external damage to peripheral parts (i.e. mailbox, bushes, garage door) is their responsibility.

I wouldn't floss today if I were you. You might accidentally take down the whole association.

jasonng

I'm creeping on Clearacell's fb right now and I like how I have more mutual friends with his friends than I do with him. Small world.

$955k! Guys, I'll make you a deal. If we hit $980k I'll add RTS elements to the game! And if we hit $1M, I'll take them back out!

Haha

I love Tim Schafer as a person. As a game designer, less so, but he's hilarious as a person.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
From Tim: "$955k! Guys, I'll make you a deal. If we hit $980k I'll add RTS elements to the game! And if we hit $1M, I'll take them back out!"

I have to stop obsessing. I think I'm worse than Kisaya was with AA.

edit: *shakes fist at SA*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom