• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This is... really depressing. Why would you do that? :<

Here, to try and lighten up the place a bit:

620-1.jpg

Cat videos: Being made since the beginning of video.

337.jpg

Might as well just call this the douchebag suit.

Puddles

Banned
Yeah, that part is bothersome.

We made a lot of jokes about there inevitably being some creepers, but I didn't think it would go this far.

Especially from someone who had been one of the cornerstones of our little community.

There were a few dudes who popped in with creepy comments in January, but they didn't really stick around.

This makes me really sad.

.la1n

Yeah, that part is bothersome.

We made a lot of jokes about there inevitably being some creepers, but I didn't think it would go this far.

The way I see it, it won't negatively effect future meetups. Probably just open some eyes to being a bit more careful is all. Same with anything that involves strangers getting together.

I'm impressed that they actually made that MORE ANNOYING to watch.

And the other one made me laugh. Although, my dad got paid for a gig awhile ago :eek: It wasn't much, but...

The first one was pretty bad 'cause the audio levels were off, but it gets pretty amusing after.

At least I think so.

But I'm lame, sooo...shut up >_>

The way I see it, it won't negatively effect future meetups. Probably just open some eyes to being a bit more careful is all. Same with anything that involves strangers getting together.
Yeah. I'm a little bummed not because I liked James (to be honest, I'm actually really pissed he would be this stupid and immature among everything else so I can't think about whether I liked him or not right now), but because the vast majority of GAFers that aren't terrible people outside of the board are going to have a harder time making that case because of shit like this.

RawPower

Banned
Hey guys and gals, heads up since he was a regular, I had to remove Jamesfrom818 for stalker behavior.

He's been continuously harassing nintendoll since the BBQ meetup on Saturday, where he got her number purely under the pretense of coordinating that artwalk thing. Since then it's been texts and calls after midnight every night, with her position being quite clear on the matter ("go away and stop" essentially), but he's even gone as far as to say that they're in a relationship.

I've confirmed it all, and he's also been acting oddly with regards to hpro so this has become a concern. I know you folks coordinate regularly in tinychat and so forth, so I highly suggest avoiding further communication and especially doing anything in real life. Authorities will get involved if this behavior continues, as I have been happy to do on previous occasions with stalking on gaf.

In future meetups, women in particular should be careful giving their phone number out casually as if we're all real life friends. This is still the Internet, treat it as such. Thanks.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. Damn.

This is depressing. He seemed like such a great dude.

Damn....just damn!

.la1n

Yeah. I'm a little bummed not because I liked James (to be honest, I'm actually really pissed he would be this stupid and immature among everything else so I can't think about whether I liked him or not right now), but because the vast majority of GAFers that aren't terrible people outside of the board are going to have a harder time making that case because of shit like this.

I agree. It makes it harder on the rest of us. I think NY GAF will go smoothly. Considering the members involved are chill people.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Hey guys and gals, heads up since he was a regular, I had to remove Jamesfrom818 for stalker behavior.

He's been continuously harassing nintendoll since the BBQ meetup on Saturday, where he got her number purely under the pretense of coordinating that artwalk thing. Since then it's been texts and calls after midnight every night, with her position being quite clear on the matter ("go away and stop" essentially), but he's even gone as far as to say that they're in a relationship.

I've confirmed it all, and he's also been acting oddly with regards to hpro so this has become a concern. I know you folks coordinate regularly in tinychat and so forth, so I highly suggest avoiding further communication and especially doing anything in real life. Authorities will get involved if this behavior continues, as I have been happy to do on previous occasions with stalking on gaf.

In future meetups, women in particular should be careful giving their phone number out casually as if we're all real life friends. This is still the Internet, treat it as such. Thanks.

As an added pre-caution, all future LA meetups should be done in Miami!

Holla back Florida-GAF!!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Sorry to have to drop that sort of news. I had a great time at the meetups this past week, too. :/

.la1n

Sorry to have to drop that sort of news. I had a great time at the meetups this past week, too. :/

This will hopefully encourage others to be safer but not discourage further meetups. Yes it looked like you guys always had a great time, makes this news more disheartening.

He showed up on TC and explained his side of the story.

It was accusatory and defensive, so he's banned.

I can post textlogs if it's absolutely necessary, but it really shouldn't be. We should all just put it behind us. Hopefully Nintendoll is not freaked out by this situation.

I don't much like humor that is nothing but making fun of another person. :x

Aye, that's why I stopped going to the chat after just a few (surprisingly long but usually unpopulated) trial runs. Thankfully, this board itself has an "ignore" function for the rudest folk.

I agree. It makes it harder on the rest of us. I think NY GAF will go smoothly. Considering the members involved are chill people.

I'm sorry I'll be out of state then. I would have made a shirt for the occasion. :|

This is why they have panels and workshops at conventions concerning how to behave.
edit: The truly unfortunate thing is that most people who act wrongly in this fashion don't really understand what they're doing incorrectly.

Well I must say that the recent developments regarding James do come as quite a shock to me. Just goes to show that even with this little social experience we're having, you never truly know a person. You had to do the right thing Evilore

That really happened with Nintendoll? What a bombshell, god damn.

Egad man, now's not the time to talk about a girl's looks!

Well I must say that the recent developments regarding James do come as quite a shock to me. Just goes to show that even with this little social experience we're having, you never truly know a person. You had to do the right thing Evilore

One nice thing is that sudden jarring consequences like this can cause a person to rethink what they're doing. The actions done here could lead this James person to a better life. That's the way I'd like to think about the matter. :)

that was jokey sarcasm

the first part, I mean, not the second part

Can't say I didn't expect this to happen

While I'm sure you're all a bunch of wonderful people, these interactions we have here are not equivalent to getting to know each other in any substantial fashion. That's why taking a bit of reservation into a meetup if you decide to go one is not only a good idea, but perfectly logical.

Meeting someone and taking there resemblance to what you might think of as a regular person should not vindicate the idea of them that you built up in your head, positive or otherwise.

Can't say I didn't expect this to happen

While I'm sure you're all a bunch of wonderful people, these interactions we have here are not equivalent to getting to know each other in any substantial fashion. That's why taking a bit of reservation into a meetup if you decide to go one is not only a good idea, but perfectly logical.

Meeting someone and taking there resemblance to what you might think of as a regular person should not vindicate the idea of them that you built up in your head, positive or otherwise.

I guess everyone is just going to have to be more careful.

Some guys were there looking to get laid, unfortunately, which isn't what these GAF meetups are about.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was talking about the news, you kumquat!

Is this a thing? I want to call people this now. It has a nice sound to it that makes it a nice insult.

I guess everyone is just going to have to be more careful.

Some guys were there looking to get laid, unfortunately, which isn't what these GAF meetups are about.

Going to a GAF meet-up to get laid seems like the worst possible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom