• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I sort of agree. I did love FFT back in the day.

But Valkyria Chronicles is such an interesting case for me. I've never been so sure that a game was absolutely stellar in a multitude of ways, while having barely any desire to play it personally.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It's kind of hard to draw a conclusion hearing only half of a story.

I don't care what your conclusions are. My job's to protect the site and its members, that job's done, and because there is a bunch of crossover into different communications mediums now as a result of tinychat and phone number exchanges I notified the people here instead of dealing with it silently.

Nintendoll was creeped out and trust re: the phone number exchange was abused, I find it entirely unacceptable behavior, he's banned, the end. I thought the dude was totally cool and normal when we hung out, but that is not relevant. Whether nintendoll or hpro thought any action should be taken is also not relevant to me. There is no debate or committee to consult. Creeps get nuked, period, 100x so when we cross over into real life. This should be a safe environment for everyone.

If you disagree, disagree to yourself, I'd prefer to move on and not feel like shit with all the drama.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I certainly can't imagine anyone would second-guess your decision. All that matters is someone was made uncomfortable, it shouldn't ever need to be gauged any farther than that.

I see crepes only kept this place happy for so long. Here's my next try:

Turns out apple-flavoured soda is not as terrible as it sounds. It is, in fact, quite decent and would probably work wonderfully in some mixed drinks.

Also, you apparently get toys if you go see the 3D conversion of Star Wars Episode I, but none of the problems involving the movie being agonizing were fixed

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Being soda does not make things terrible automatically.

There is bad soda and good soda.

wLtyU.jpg

Soda licious.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I see crepes only kept this place happy for so long. Here's my next try:

Turns out apple-flavoured soda is not as terrible as it sounds. It is, in fact, quite decent and would probably work wonderfully in some mixed drinks.
The best fruity soda (although the carbonated stuff is a bit weaker than most soda) I've had is by far this.

gEJrC.jpg

Probably the best drink ever as well, the taste explosion is amazing

My brother's selling his phone on craigslist, so I'm going with him to the exchange just in case.

If I somehow manage to get jumped in a public place, then you guys can fight over who gets my video games. Last one standing wins.

If I somehow manage to get jumped in a public place, then you guys can fight over who gets my video games. Last one standing wins.

Bring an old-school Megatron toy. That way, when you wave him around and they cap you, they'll feel incredibly embarrassed that they just committed murder over a robot doll.

or be safe and live, that idea's good, too

It was FREEZING outside. I hope it's not like this tomorrow. My asthma can't take it.

Yeah, really weird here in Long Island. It's like Autumn is ending or something.

edit: I was driving along the south side of the island and actually saw a place called "Long Guyland". I was like mizreallyreallyreally.jpeg

RawPower

Banned
Yeah, really weird here in Long Island. It's like Autumn is ending or something.

edit: I was driving along the south side of the island and actually saw a place called "Long Guyland". I was like mizreallyreallyreally.jpeg

Yeah, I just barely made it back home. I should have brought my inhaler with me, but I didn't think I'd need it since it was only a 5 minute walk to the store. :/

Yeah, I just barely made it back home. I should have brought my inhaler with me, but I didn't think I'd need it since it was only a 5 minute walk to the store. :/

Don't worry. This year, Winter is apparently scheduled to last about two weeks. Summer might be interesting this time around.

Pancakes are best cakes.
coffee/crumb cakes are pretty good, too

And just to make it completely obvious that I'm trying to get people to talk about cakes: ♥ http://www.blackwidowbakery.com/demo/meatcake/ ♥

Also, since this popped up on my facebook news feed minutes after I posted this: the One Cake

RawPower

Banned
Don't worry. This year, Winter is apparently scheduled to last about two weeks. Summer might be interesting this time around.

Pancakes are best cakes.
coffee/crumb cakes are pretty good, too

And just to make it completely obvious that I'm trying to get people to talk about cakes: ♥ http://www.blackwidowbakery.com/demo/meatcake/ ♥

Yeah, but if this continues tomorrow, then I'm staying home, yo.

Speaking of that, I wonder how many people are actually going to show up tomorrow, considering what went down yesterday.

Speaking of that, I wonder how many people are actually going to show up tomorrow, considering what went down yesterday.

Oh, wow, I thought it was on the 18th.

I have school tomorrow night. And the Wicked Faire is all next weekend. I shall never see your awesome faces (edit: irl, I mean) again.

It's okay, though. I had my own creepy-ish thing happen this past week which would dissuade me from coming to specifically a NeoGAF meetup.

RawPower

Banned
Oh, wow, I thought it was on the 18th.

I have school tomorrow night. And the Wicked Faire is all next weekend. I shall never see your awesome faces (edit: irl, I mean) again.

It's okay, though. I had my own creepy-ish thing happen this past week which would dissuade me from coming to specifically a NeoGAF meetup.

Yeah, there's 2 of them. One is mostly for RPGAF (i.e. us), and the other is on the 18th and is more of a typical gathering. 13th is more convenient since I already know (sort of) the people who are (were?) going to be there, and it's cheaper and takes place during the day.

Yeah, there's 2 of them. One is mostly for RPGAF (i.e. us), and the other is on the 18th and is more of a typical gathering. 13th is more convenient since I already know (sort of) the people who are (were?) going to be there, and it's cheaper and takes place during the day.

Nifty. Well, I don't know what your timing is all about, but I pulled up the nonsense list for that day, and just in case you guys end up needing some extra entertainment that night:

Punderdome 3000

Ultimate pun competition is happening at Southpaw for the last time. The first 24 to sign-up will be guaranteed competition slots. Punderdome 3000 is open to anyone who has the (Southp)audacity to compete for the ultimate title of Punmaster. Hosted by father and daughter duo Fred and Jo Firestone, this competition guarantees to be a wild time from the human clap-o-meter to the mystery kitchen appliance prizes at the end. Look out for some excellent celebrity judges.

Southpaw
125 Fifth Avenue, between Sterling and St. Johns Place, Brooklyn
8p; $5
punderdome.com

There's also some sort of mass writer reading, but its description is so vague and weird as to be uninteresting. Something about punks and prayers and adult books and bathwater.

RawPower

Banned
Nifty. Well, I don't know what your timing is all about, but I pulled up the nonsense list for that day, and just in case you guys end up needing some extra entertainment that night:

There's also some sort of mass writer reading, but its description is so vague and weird as to be uninteresting. Something about punks and prayers and adult books and bathwater.

I dunno, day time is just less risky, I guess (especially if I somehow end up getting lost). I'm usually tired as hell by 10pm anyway. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom