• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kArTu.jpg

Come on, now.

I like this idea.

Where is everyone going after the exodus? I'm planning to stick around OT -- I don't go into gaming that often.

Perhaps I'll stop by IRC/TC if the RP-GAF rooms stay open.

OT, Gaming and Community. Plenty of threads/entertainment to go around. TC and RP TC as well. Good people, good times. I also don't have cable or anything remotely interesting to do at home, so you guys are my fun.

Wow, end of the month already. This has been a good ride.

It all ended too quickly. A fun ride, though.

Final 5 and a half hours for me. Enjoyed it :)

Hang in there! (Still 14 hours to go over here)

To my final resting place, among the fire.

No, no, no. The volcano comes laaaaaaater.

Davedough

OT, Gaming and Community. Plenty of threads/entertainment to go around. TC and RP TC as well. Good people, good times. I also don't have cable or anything remotely interesting to do at home, so you guys are my fun.
You should try playing one of those Ys games on the portables. That publishing house does good things

So I'm supposed to be going soon.

This might not end well.

Ah, and there's this. ^ Can this thread really close without hearing the conclusion of Soru's La Résistance against the wet legs?

You should try playing one of those Ys games on the portables. That publishing house does good things

Pffft. As if I'd play any of their games.

eh they're a bit too hipster for me

Same. I hear they wear suspenders and ties for fun. FUN, I tell you.

Davedough

Not to mention the whole jar on head craze

Guys...what is up with the jars on your heads

Bottles? I guess they're bottles.

What is up with the bottles on your heads

Circus-GAF in full effect. We had a balancing competition and doitlive I think blew everyone out with his double bottle balance bonanza.

Ashes

Banned
Not to mention the whole jar on head craze

Guys...what is up with the jars on your heads

Bottles? I guess they're bottles.

What is up with the bottles on your heads

heh, jarhead

They're balancing acts. To prove that they are balanced human beings. I guess. :p

Alucrid

Banned
Where is everyone going after the exodus? I'm planning to stick around OT -- I don't go into gaming that often.

Fashion GAF, electronic music GAF, headphones GAF, lurk gaming side and get into stupid arguments in the OT like usual.

Delio

You know why is it a exodus? I mean if you have the IRC left there would be no need for everyone to have an Exodus.

I rock the bunny ears, too. Cut the cable cord when I moved. Still have Netflix, HBO GO and MAX GO though.

I will probably stick to the LA |OT| and NBA-gaf threads mainly

coldvein

Banned
oh yeah, and when you all miss me you can probably find me in the drunk thread.

or any other OT thread.

which is where i've always been.

Davedough

damned portables.. whenever new ones come around i find some fantastic reason i need one, and then never really play it. i'm tempted to get a vita for the wipeout game.

I have a PSP and a DSi that have miles of dust caked onto them because I lose interest in them very quickly. The vita is temping, but much like the 3DS, I'm gonna wait until there's something that tells me I HAVE to have it.

I have a PSP and a DSi that have miles of dust caked onto them because I lose interest in them very quickly. The vita is temping, but much like the 3DS, I'm gonna wait until there's something that tells me I HAVE to have it.

StreetPass keeps my 3DS dust-free between must-have games.

coldvein

Banned

yeah. my DSL is pretty much always in storage. i'll pull it out for my yearly chrono trigger playthrough, or contra 4 every once in a while, but that's about it..

'Twas a good month, everyone. I kinda missed Albert Whiskers, so I'll be switching back to him a little later tonight, but I'll admit this was fun. :)

ghostmind

So this is the end... I've lurked my way through most of the month, but I have been keeping up with this thread somewhat, as well as those posters that participate in other threads I keep up with.

It's been a fascinating experiment where adding a face to a post (rather than some sports figure/videogame/anime) completely transformed the discourse of many conversations, and in the case of this thread, created an entirely new (and mostly friendly) subcommunity.

If we do this again next year (which I hope we do), I'll be back, and perhaps I'll actively participate a bit more.

Until then, RP-GAF, it's been... real.

marrec

Banned
So this is the end... I've lurked my way through most of the month, but I have been keeping up with this thread somewhat, as well as those posters that participate in other threads I keep up with.

It's been a fascinating experiment where adding a face to a post (rather than some sports figure/videogame/anime) completely transformed the discourse of many conversations, and in the case of this thread, created an entirely new (and mostly friendly) subcommunity.

If we do this again next year (which I hope we do), I'll be back, and perhaps I'll actively participate a bit more.

Until then, RP-GAF, it's been... real.

I agree, I really liked the tone that this thread was able to maintain. Though, I don't think my posted style has been greatly affected by having my face next to my posts. I think I may be too close to the matter to judge it accurately however.

In some ways, I can't wait for next year. I want to see how many faces I recognize from this month... that's right, I'm already looking forward to RPJ 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom