• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Morning, RP Gaf. -_- Nrg.

Sorry to hear you did not sleep well, I think I went to bed too early and therefore woke up earlier than I needed to.

RandomGif-43903.gif

CLEAR: I have been challenged by my friend Lisa for round two tonight, have to make Thai Curry Pork. I'll need you around to make sure I don't burn things.

More kitty pics to the rescue:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35403_411254116276_690381276_4948897_2310889_n.jpg[IMG]
Loki when he was small

[IMG]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/29135_393988792598_620162598_4137647_1691921_n.jpg[IMG]
Azumi and Odie[/QUOTE]

More kitties! Loki is so fluffy...

[quote=".la1n, post: 35558466"]Sorry to hear you did not sleep well, I think I went to bed too early and therefore woke up earlier than I needed to.

[IMG]http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/RandomGif-43903.gif

CLEAR: I have been challenged by my friend Lisa for round two tonight, have to make Thai Curry Pork. I'll need you around to make sure I don't burn things.

Maru-chaaaaaaan...! That gif gets me every time. And, how could you go to bed so early? You and your naps. ;)

And if you're making curry pork, does that mean another TC cooking show? This Lisa knows she doesn't stand a chance, right? Brave of her to struggle, though.

What kind of sensor is it? Are you loading it? Most sensors don't need Schmitt triggers unless there's hysteresis involved...

Infrared. I have no idea about the load >_>

I was hoping to use the Schmitt trigger to amplify the signal, 'cause I need it to pick up a square wave from an LED, but the sensor's output is absolutely tiny. I'm guessing getting brighter is probably the best way forward >_>

Feel free to point out that I'm being dumb, I know I probably am >_>

I will be there...as long as it's after 7 PM PST :p Thai curry, white rice, and any sort of meat are always great dishes to be had. It's gonna be spicy right?

Funny how that cat is a celebrity.

He's so fat and small eared and cute. I tried to get my cats to slide around on the floor like him but never quite had the success of maru...they would always try to dig their claws into the floor.

alas

I am shamed

But the person doing the quoting should feel like a boss :p I find that I am quite pleased with myself when I can quote something before the stealth edit. It's like catching a fly with chopsticks.

edit: I'm at Starbucks (surprise surprise) and there's this beautiful blonde woman in front of me talking to a friend....about God. It's like having a golden chalice and filling it with kool-aid

.la1n

Maru-chaaaaaaan...! That gif gets me every time. And, how could you go to bed so early? You and your naps. ;)

And if you're making curry pork, does that mean another TC cooking show? This Lisa knows she doesn't stand a chance, right? Brave of her to struggle, though.

The only issue is, she is more versed in Thai food than I am, however, I do not back down from a challenge.

Yes, my naps are epic. Like the time TC was forced to watch me sleep and check my feet for signs of life.

I will be there...as long as it's after 7 PM PST :p Thai curry, white rice, and any sort of meat are always great dishes to be had. It's gonna be spicy right?

I only know how to make Thai food one way, spicy. Actually, that goes for most food.

edit: I'm at Starbucks (surprise surprise) and there's this beautiful blonde woman in front of me talking to a friend....about God. It's like having a golden chalice and filling it with kool-aid

This exact scenario happened to me in a coffee shop a couple weeks ago, blonde hair and everything. They went on forever. Made me incredibly uncomfortable, and I'm a reasonably spiritual person. I kept wanting to jump in and right down her throat.

SRG01

Infrared. I have no idea about the load >_>

I was hoping to use the Schmitt trigger to amplify the signal, 'cause I need it to pick up a square wave from an LED, but the sensor's output is absolutely tiny. I'm guessing getting brighter is probably the best way forward >_>

Feel free to point out that I'm being dumb, I know I probably am >_>

IR photodiode? There are standard circuits for that...

Looking up "photodiode circuits" without the quotes on Google turns up lots of results.

edit: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/sboa061/sboa061.pdf this one is good

http://www.aptechnologies.co.uk/PDF/Photodiode Typical Circuits.pdf this one too

edit2: send me a PM if you want :) I'll try to help you out as much as I can...

The only issue is, she is more versed in Thai food than I am, however, I do not back down from a challenge.

Yes, my naps are epic. Like the time TC was forced to watch me sleep and check my feet for signs of life.

I only know how to make Thai food one way, spicy. Actually, that goes for most food.

Even if she were a Thai chef with over 40 years of experience, if it involves fire, then she doesn't stand a chance. ;)

And your naps must be crazy deep. We watched those feet for literal hours with hardly a movement. Some were convinced that you had expired, and we were just staring at your empty shell.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/27/interview-tim-schafer-on-kickstarter-passion-and-dads/

Tim Schafer discussing the whole thing with RPS :eek:

*allows herself to get excited again*

Nerd.

WTF real-gaf is still going on?

It is, and to great result. We even have an episode of RP-style Chopped tonight on TC, right, .la1n? :D

.la1n

Even if she were a Thai chef with over 40 years of experience, if it involves fire, then she doesn't stand a chance. ;)

It is, and to great result. We even have an episode of RP-style Chopped tonight on TC, right, .la1n? :D

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I make no promises for a TC show seeing as how both me and my friend operate on east coast time.

...I had enough sleep, eh I will probably do it.

Acid08

Banned
Why the disappointing face about going back to school? It's a chance to meet new people with idealistic goals with a light infused trackway to the end of a "life's goal" tunnel. Spinach for breakfast is awesome, as long as you serve it by crushing it out of can and itnto the air.

Aw that sucks. I know you weren't feeling good yesterday and this ended up being the result :(. I hope this day goes by faster for you so you can just get home and unwind though...maybe this thread needs to take a turn for the interesting in order to make the time fly.

Well, I know you like cats, so here's a pic of my kitty

qg9ar.png

*brofist while yawning*
Not disappointed, just tired :p. Breakfast is helping though. This girl I have a crush on is leaving for vacation for two weeks too so that's kind of bumming me out.

Not disappointed, just tired :p. Breakfast is helping though. This girl I have a crush on is leaving for vacation for two weeks too so that's kind of bumping me out.

yOPqR.png

Having your crush around always tends to make one happy, and when they are not there the skies are just a shade grayer. Hopefully she comes back missing you :D

You always look like you're having a great time :|

Come into tinychat tonight in your princess outfit! The pirate outfit was lovely.

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I make no promises for a TC show seeing as how both me and my friend operate on east coast time.

...I had enough sleep, eh I will probably do it.

Hmmm...yeah, after 7PM our time is kinda way late for you. Is there a way to record it? I'm a mod now, so if you do that and upload it to youtube, then I can just play it as our background. :D I'll come play on TC regardless.

Not disappointed, just tired :p. Breakfast is helping though. This girl I have a crush on is leaving for vacation for two weeks too so that's kind of bumming me out.

Still tired from your crazy Gaf night out? I saw some of the pics. You guys look like you had a great time. Nice to see these things becoming regular.

Avellone needs to hurry up :|

Nerd #2

Perfeeeeeeect.

If born a human, this cat would have been an outstanding goalkeeper.

Maru-chan is also very slow and lazy. He'd be almost as wide as the net, but I don't think we could count on him to care if balls went in or not.

Acid08

Banned
yOPqR.png

Having your crush around always tends to make one happy, and when they are not there the skies are just a shade grayer. Hopefully she comes back missing you :D

Come into tinychat tonight in your princess outfit! The pirate outfit was lovely.
:) thanks Clear

.la1n

Hmmm...yeah, after 7PM our time is kinda way late for you. Is there a way to record it? I'm a mod now, so if you do that and upload it to youtube, then I can just play it as our background. :D I'll come play on TC regardless.

I don't think I would have as much fun if it was just recorded and not with an actual audience :) I'll toss the idea around. I'll be in TC tonight regardless, probably late enough for you west coasters.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

I'm always having a great time! :D

Maybe I will! Just have to get my fluffy skirt and corset... it's too bad the button popped off in an awkward place on that princess blouse. Damn Japanese clothing not being made for... certain people.

And thanks guys :D Wanted to bring some good humor to the thread. I showed it to my boyfriend and he only said, "I'm just going to say, you guys are weird."

Davedough

I'm always having a great time! :D

Maybe I will! Just have to get my fluffy skirt and corset... it's too bad the button popped off in an awkward place on that princess blouse. Damn Japanese clothing not being made for... certain people.

And thanks guys :D Wanted to bring some good humor to the thread. I showed it to my boyfriend and he only said, "I'm just going to say, you guys are weird."

Yes... it is a damn shame about that unfortunate button pop. Damn shame... button.... popped.....

Davedough

I don't want to imagine that ._.

What is with all these female teachers getting arrested nowadays, anyway? It's like every week.

That kind of lack of trust in the public education system is part of the reason why my daughter has been in a charter school since Kindergarten. I have an irrational fear of how the public schools are these days with shootings and misconduct all across the board that I cant honestly put my children in the middle of that. The other, larger part of that equation though is that Arizona is ranked the lowest in the nation for aptitude, so charter is the only way to actually challenge my daughter with a good curriculum.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That kind of lack of trust in the public education system is part of the reason why my daughter has been in a charter school since Kindergarten. I have an irrational fear of how the public schools are these days with shootings and misconduct all across the board that I cant honestly put my children in the middle of that. The other, larger part of that equation though is that Arizona is ranked the lowest in the nation for aptitude, so charter is the only way to actually challenge my daughter with a good curriculum.

I can imagine. I know public education has just gotten worse since I went through it. Even then I felt bored and unchallenged. There is a reason I rarely did homework in high school but was hyped to do it in college (by the way all you people who think college is boring: I think you're nuts :O) My teachers were always surprised because I seemed like such a quite and studious girl and yet never could bring homework back on time. I couldn't help it. It was boring.

What is it with cats and their love of boxes?

My cat is not an in-box cat, she's very much an on-box cat. Sometime after I first got my cat I got a box that was as tall as me (not sure what was in it.) It didn't take long for her to jump onto it and claim it as her own. So I kept that box for quite awhile after I meant to throw it out, just because she loved it so much.

.la1n

Indeed.

I know a couple of female Thai chefs; .la1n wouldn't have the slightest chance against them, pyrotechnics or not!

Not to mention this girl is Thai. It's an all uphill battle. I was taught how to cook Korean growing up, that is the only place I would have an advantage.

Davedough

Not to mention this girl is Thai. It's an all uphill battle. I was taught how to cook Korean growing up, that is the only place I would have an advantage.

I have a recipe I perfected for Pad Sie Ew (Drunken Noodles) that is pretty bombtastic. Takes about an hour and a half to prepare though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom