• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

Hiro Protagonist
tumblr_m0tzsftHd31r3ke0zo1_500.jpg

http://thecomposites.tumblr.com/post/19238435865/hiro-protagonist-snow-crash-neal-stephenson-hiro
I always imagined him more black than Asian. With a thicker build

Chuckie

Good morning Real-Gaf, how be ye?

I'm in a rather good mood. Ordered tickets for Garbage, so I am going to see them in June.. yay.

Apart from that being addicted to Journey. I want to play it again! Maybe look for the desertflower and getting some more glowing shit.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I would love to play Journey more, actually. But now I'm trying to wait a week so I can get that trophy the natural way. Maybe that will make going on the journey again that much more special.

Chuckie

I would love to play Journey more, actually. But now I'm trying to wait a week so I can get that trophy the natural way. Maybe that will make going on the journey again that much more special.

Will do this too soon. But I need the flower and glyphs...

By Glyphs do they mean the ones that extend your scarf btw? Do you know how much you missed by looking which ones arent glowing in front of the warp portals?

And the history thing.. that one I don't get are those the glowing walls?

RawPower

Banned
For some reason, I have trouble breathing when I wake up. Usually, I start gasping for air, and then coughing it out. It lasts for about 20 seconds each time. I have no fucking idea what's going on.

And yes, I copied that from my Facebook.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Will do this too soon. But I need the flower and glyphs...

By Glyphs do they mean the ones that extend your scarf btw? Do you know how much you missed by looking which ones arent glowing in front of the warp portals?

And the history thing.. that one I don't get are those the glowing walls?

Yes on all counts :D

Chuckie

For some reason, I have trouble breathing when I wake up. Usually, I start gasping for air, and then coughing it out. It lasts for about 20 seconds each time. I have no fucking idea what's going on.

And yes, I copied that from my Facebook.

You ought to see a doctor about that. Maybe it is some sleepingdisorder where you 'forget' to breath. I had something a bit similair for a while. I used to suddenly wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Like I stopped breathing in my sleep.

Haven't had that in months (maybe over a year) I actually forgot about it untill I read your post.

Yes on all counts :D

Thanks. I think I will do that offline though. Whenever I meet someone, I simply feel I HAVE to go with them :p

RawPower

Banned
You ought to see a doctor about that. Maybe it is some sleepingdisorder where you 'forget' to breath. I had something a bit similair for a while. I used to suddenly wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Like I stopped breathing in my sleep.

Haven't had that in months (maybe over a year) I actually forgot about it untill I read your post.

Thanks. I think I will do that offline though. Whenever I meet someone, I simply feel I HAVE to go with them :p

I forgot to add that when I wake up, it feels like there's something blocking (probably mucous) my throat passages. This is what I think is causing these problems. I'm gonna give the doctor another call today.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Yeah, I feel bad about abandoning people so I did all that stuff offline after my first playthrough! The only time I don't go with people is if I'm in the first area and someone is making it obvious that they aren't really interested in a companion.

Chuckie

Yeah, I feel bad about abandoning people so I did all that stuff offline after my first playthrough! The only time I don't go with people is if I'm in the first area and someone is making it obvious that they aren't really interested in a companion.

I abandonded everybody in my first game... I had no idea how it worked :p

I want to become a whiterobed guy and help newbies around all levels... but much work to do before I reach that haha

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I abandonded everybody in my first game... I had no idea how it worked :p

I want to become a whiterobed guy and help newbies around all levels... but much work to do before I reach that haha

I try not to give too much help. There are a few hidden things I like to point out though. Also, I'll always sit down for people if they ask. I've gotten a lot of gratitude for that.

Chuckie

I try not to give too much help. There are a few hidden things I like to point out though. Also, I'll always sit down for people if they ask. I've gotten a lot of gratitude for that.

I don't think I've found a hidden thing yet so far hahaha. It really is time for me to go single and totally explore the worlds.

hmmmmmpfff sleep terribly. concert tonight... gah

I've been sleeping badly lately as well. Gotta work 6 days straight this week which i'm not looking forward to (i like my job but after 6 days on the ward you get tired). On the bright side i may be going on my first date since breaking up with my GF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Didn't mean to complain folks. Just one of those plonk-down-at-work day has barely begun posts. Certainly my life is good by any reasonable measure.

Waking up to someone biting me is less pleasant than I expected.

Woohoo, all packed up (save for one costume, two Freudian slippers and a few bottles of drink I'm planning to take along) for Lunacon, one of my mainstay SF conventions. I'm bringing some beach balls as well as an angry dragon Ride-on for the pool party, and I've been helping one of the room party groups in figuring out how much dry ice they need to match the drinks they'll be serving (to make them fizzy and misty).

Only downside is that my carpool buddy is late. He has an annoying habit of this, and I wish he'd fix it up, because I should be a quarter of the way to the mainland already!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For right now, Rancid's destination is unknown

ruby ruby ruby ruby SoHo

hehe

ibqUkY3JJq50ep.jpg

edit: Tence, your post in the fetish thread pointing out the sequence of posts with an "lmao" got the best of me. burst out laughing at work

And yes, I admit to reading every single post in that thread.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hey guys! I've been sick today. Yaaaaay. ;.;

I was dizzy and trying to take a shower and my fan broke, compounding the issue. Today must not be my day.

On the other hand, I noticed Steam now has Myst V for $8, which I have never played. I'll have to buy it eventually... perhaps next month.

I was dizzy and trying to take a shower and my fan broke, compounding the issue. Today must not be my day.

On the other hand, I noticed Steam now has Myst V for $8, which I have never played. I'll have to buy it eventually... perhaps next month.

Being sick sucks.

Feel better.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well, leave the art for a little bit until you feel up to it. Just rest and play video games for now.

I'll probably still do some reference research so I can feel like I accomplished something... that at least doesn't take too much effort. And I love looking at pictures of old, abandoned buildings!

Sadetar

Just letting you guys know I might not be around for a while. I'm taking some time off to get my life back in order. I'll still pop in every couple of days or so, but I won't be in TC or IRC. I just wanted to get this out there in case some of you end up wondering where I went, haha.
We will surely miss you darlings.

Get everything or at least as much as you can back on tracks and then come back to us.

Thankyou for the kind words it certainly helps.
Poor babe. Hopefully you are feeling ok and things look a bit brighter.

I know how hard it is to give up from a loved pet.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Wait, what...I didn't even know there was a Myst 4, and I guess Myst 3 is that Uru game?

No, there is Myst III: Exile which was created by Ubisoft (*checks* Actually it was created by the same guys who did that Journeyman Project game you're always going on about.) Myst IV was as well. Uru is something else entirely (pretty much Myst MMO, doesn't have a number.) Uru and Myst V were actually created by Cyan, unlike the other two.

RawPower

Banned
It just occurred to me that I've been spending more time on GAF than I initially expected to. But as long as I get shit done, I guess it's ok. :p

No one can quit gaf Raw, resistance is futile.

Oh noes :( God its scary when that happens. You didn't pass out did you?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, what a fucking night. Best I've had in a long time. I know I always say that after a show, but I can't help it. :p
Glad you have a good one man.

After the show downtown I went to this place in the city I really like across from this science museum. There's this clock where I spent a lot of time as a kid.
t0dJo.png

I went there at around 2:00AM.

The clock works as follows:
Observe the three slightly tilted rails just below the face of the clock. These are the Minute rail, the Ten-minute rail, and the Hour rail. A ball rolls onto a rail with the passing of every minute, every ten minutes, and every hour. Because each ball represents an increment of time, the Great Gravity Clock is a digital clock. Each minute, a ball moves around the face of the clock and is released onto the digital rails. Gravity takes over causing the balls to travel the rails.

I was given a tour once and I heard that this thing was rated for hundreds of years. At night it wasn't "on." But while I was over there, a red ball popped off and fell next to me. I climbed up a little bit and grabbed it. I would have tossed it back into the clock, but I didn't know which rail it came from, and I didn't know which rail was which. They're also... not designed to squeeze in or out, so I wasn't sure what to do. Anyway, I took it.

HH9nK.png

I have either a minute, ten minutes, or an hour.

Anybody have any ideas what I should do with it?

:O That clock is AWESOME. How did the ball even get out of the tubes..

Paint the ball orange and grey, of course. I don't know what to do with it after that...

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, looks like it was great! I'm very jealous.

We could do a virtual pub crawl on tinychat I suppose :p Not quite the same though.

lol

Maybe we should do that...

The last time they met up, they did actually stream it in tinychat. We watched them eating, drinking and having fun. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom