• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

A Hard Day's Night is a masterpiece, both the album and the film.

If the Beatles called it quits after that, they'd still be remembered fondly.

leadbelly

Banned
Tiramisu is delicious.

tiramisu.jpg

Yeah, absolutely awful.

If you're interested in reading more on North Korea I'd recommend Nothing to Envy over this one. Both were excellent, but escape from camp 14 was significantly shorter. It was also pretty obvious the ex-prisoner who the book was about got into a fight with the author, because he complained about it for like 2-3 chapters.

RawPower

Banned
Aw dammit, my thread didn't take off.

I just started playing Seiken Densetsu 3 yesterday, and I reached Wendel city. The gameplay is much better, but it lacks the simplistic, colorful charm that the first (on SNES at least) Secret of Mana had. Gameplay aside, it feels much more like a Final Fantasy game, which is probably why a lot of people prefer this one over the original.

dralla

Is it fucked up if I consider myself desensitized to death? I've been around it so much in my family I'm almost used to it I guess..but I'm sorry to hear that Acid, hopefully it goes as well as it possibly can.

On a completely different topic, I've been dating this girl for a few weeks and I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy talking with her more than I enjoy the..physical aspects of the relationship. She just left my house and she told me some really personal stuff and I feel that's more rewarding? than making out or whatever, am I crazy or what. She was also the latest person to tell me I look like Ryan Gosling :]

Well now I'm pissed off, our drummer's decided to bail. So now we need to write lyrics for 4 songs, find a drummer, find a backup guitarist or rearrange the songs and then practice those 4 songs. In 4 fucking weeks. Fucking hell.

My grandma is really sick, looks like she isn't going to make it for much longer. Well, fuck.

*hug :(*

leadbelly

Banned
So close to E3. I hope there are some really good surprises this year. Last year's E3 was pretty rubbish.

*watches Konami pre-E3 show*

leadbelly

Banned
Oh yeah, E3! When is that? I had a plan to stay up for Nintendo's 2am session...

It starts June 5th shan. Nintendo's press conference will be on that day too.
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...resentation-being-broadcast-live-on-spike-tv/

I'm currently watching this: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/konami-pre-e3-konami/730589

Edit: A lot of the rumours suggest that the WiiU isn't that much more powerful than a PS3 or 360. If that turns out to be true, that is disappointing. Still, it would nice to see Nintendo games in HD. I'm still secretly hoping it is a little more powerful than has been suggested though.

RawPower

Banned
Shit sucks acid. *bro hug*

Well now I'm pissed off, our drummer's decided to bail. So now we need to write lyrics for 4 songs, find a drummer, find a backup guitarist or rearrange the songs and then practice those 4 songs. In 4 fucking weeks. Fucking hell.

I've been trying for at least 4 years if not more to form a band that lasted longer than a week. I've almost lost all hope for any kind of success in that field. D:

dralla

Had this for dinner 2 nights in a row, it's hard to see but it's covered in melted butter. butter and cheese together...mmmmmmhmhm

ibbk4f5zc3kEWh.jpg

doesn't look like a lot but I was halfway done at this point :] sometimes I add almonds in for a little crunch

I've been trying for at least 4 years if not more to form a band that lasted longer than a week. I've almost lost all hope for any kind of success in that field. D:
Yeah, it seems like the first hurdle is by far the hardest. You just need to get into the rhythm of practicing and performing and shit. I feel like it'd be a lot easier if we could just play a few gigs and release something.

Came out to my sister tonight! I feel really good and she took it well.

That's awesome, congrats!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
A good friend of mine was on the news :eek:

http://youtu.be/gtMx35EoMxY

Poor girl having to wear those ugly shoes! :x But she messed up her knees and it's all she can wear. But yes, using coupons is her job.

Spent the past two days getting stuff ready to sell. So much stuuuuuff.

sales2.jpg

Acid08

Banned
If you can, go and spend some time with her. There's really nothing more important right now.

I wish I could but unfortunately I can't afford it, plane tickets from Cali to NY are expensive :(

I would find a way to go to the funeral by any means necessary though.

Hey, folks…

Sorry to hear about your situation, Acid. I hope you be sure to remember the good times. :)

Happy to hear about your situation, Billie.

I'm happy to see there's still life here. For some reason, smashing my thumb (and ego) with a reciprocating saw reminded me of you guys. :O

Interesting little splotches on the thumb and ⅜" of nail that will probably soon exeunt, but it looks only a little worse than the hammer injury I got last year (which healed up very quickly).

balddemon

Banned
acid i just went through the same thing with my grandpa, he died on the 23rd, and the funeral was the 30th. before he died he was really sick and never feeling too well, but he always was upbeat and if not cheerful, at least content.

my grandma isn't expected to live much longer either, but i really think she'll make it a while longer.

anyways, wish you the best my man. smoke a bowl for the old guy

It starts June 5th shan. Nintendo's press conference will be on that day too.
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...resentation-being-broadcast-live-on-spike-tv/

I'm currently watching this: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/konami-pre-e3-konami/730589

Edit: A lot of the rumours suggest that the WiiU isn't that much more powerful than a PS3 or 360. If that turns out to be true, that is disappointing. Still, it would nice to see Nintendo games in HD. I'm still secretly hoping it is a little more powerful than has been suggested though.

Yeah, I've heard that too. If that's the case I'm honestly not sure why they are releasing it. If its not as powerful as the current gen how well is it going to fair in 5 years time?

Oh, and someone in Ausgaf this as a handy reference. Might come in handy for you too.

e3times2012.png

Came out to my sister tonight! I feel really good and she took it well.

That's great Billie :D

I wish I could but unfortunately I can't afford it, plane tickets from Cali to NY are expensive :(

I would find a way to go to the funeral by any means necessary though.

Ahh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hang in there :(

I didn't get to see my grandfather before he died, but my family said he wasn't in a good way so perhaps it was better I never had to see him that way.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, I've heard that too. If that's the case I'm honestly not sure why they are releasing it. If its not as powerful as the current gen how well is it going to fair in 5 years time?

Oh, and someone in Ausgaf this as a handy reference. Might come in handy for you too.

e3times2012.png

Well, the Wii wasn't all that powerful either remember. I guess they think it doesn't matter how powerful it is as long as they have a unique selling point. With the Wii they had motion controls. The Wii U has the touch controller. Of course they also went for a completely different market with the Wii than Sony or Microsoft did. Casual gamers were more the focus.

I am a big Nintendo fan, so the direction Nintendo went with the Wii saddened me. There was talk about if the Wii didn't succeed, that might have been it for Nintendo, so in a way, I was glad that the Wii sold as much as it did. I hoped having gained a pretty significant foothold in the market, they would take it one step further this time and bring out much better hardware and focus just as much on the hardcore gamer as the casual gamer. I'm sure they will focus more on the hardcore gamer this time around, but I worry that they will still make the casual gamer the main focus.

At the moment they will get the 3rd party support, but a couple of years down the line when the new Playstation and Xbox come out, the developers will probably switch focus to them and give less support to the Wii U.

Hopefully it is a little more powerful than what has been rumoured. I still think it would be nice to see Nintendo games in HD though. I can't wait to see what a new Zelda looks like. :)

Thanks for that reference shan, it is helpful. Hopefully after the Nintendo conference there is some good news we can talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom