• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Stay away from anything in between Santa Cruz and LA. Bakersfield, Merced, Fresno bleh.

My particular disappointment was Oakland and, to a lesser extent, San Francisco. I'm assuming that the pretty girls are towards the extreme south, like from LA to San Diego, then?

How dare you sir.

Perhaps the pretty girls were hiding in SF while I was in Oakland and hiding in Oakland while I was in SF. The ferry did have this interesting loop that it travels in, so they could have all snuck past while I was travelling the other way without my knowing it.

Fortunately, there were foreign women at the local Couchsurfer weekly. Hot Asian stewardess with Star Wars tattoos, that sort of thing. So my California experience was overall a plus. :D

SF is meant to have a lot gay people, that'd make it familiar for me. And if Brighton is any indication, places full of gay people are great.

Also free healthcare. Pretty much the biggest reason I'd rather live in Canada than America.

EDIT: I feel like I'm a bad nerd 'cause I don't get angry over things like films and stuff when they're bad.

Am I a bad nerd?

Acid08

Banned
SF is meant to have a lot gay people, that'd make it familiar for me. And if Brighton is any indication, places full of gay people are great.

Also free healthcare. Pretty much the biggest reason I'd rather live in Canada than America.

EDIT: I feel like I'm a bad nerd 'cause I don't get angry over things like films and stuff when they're ba

Am I a bad nerd?
The Castro is seriously the most clean and pleasant place in SF. People just kind of assume you're gay if you go to a bar out
there though, I've had to turn down people
in bars there before. Drunk men do not take the "Sorry, I'm straight" thing very well.

Move to California. We have Mexican food and beautiful ladies. It's pretty much perfect.
My dad always raves about how great the Mexican food is in LA (he's there about 10 days a month - and always puts on a few kilos). I would go over there just for the Mexican food, that's how great it sounds.

Related fantastic news: I'm having tacos for dinner~

EDIT: One of my friends is drunkenly ranting about how chicks with his interest are all 'bottom of the barrel shit', and that nerdy girls are all goths, lesbians or social retards. =/ I seriously don't know what to say and he's not stopping...

Acid08

Banned
My dad always raves about how great the Mexican food is in LA (he's there about 10 days a month - and always puts on a few kilos). I would go over there just for the Mexican food, that's how great it sounds.

Related fantastic news: I'm having tacos for dinner~

EDIT: One of my friends is drunkenly ranting about how chicks with his interest are all 'bottom of the barrel shit', and that nerdy girls are all goths, lesbians or social retards. =/ I seriously don't know what to say and he's not stopping...

Hard to stop drunk people from ranting. How drunk was this guy? Sounds like he got turned down recently.

The problem I have with nerdy girls is that, in my experience, they have boyfriends almost 100% of the time. Can't flirt without feeling like a jerk and I love flirting.

Chuckie

Cockpunch him!

I wish I wasn't the main writer in my band. I'd enjoy the music so much more. Partially because it would probably actually be better but still. And I wouldn't have to stress about having to write stuff.

Also I wish we had a drummer.

A good deal of the goths I know are pretty hot, at least in the same proportion as people in general, perhaps a bit more. They're also almost entirely a friendly bunch.

wut?

ProfessorBeef with the punchline!
*brofist*

Oh man, I've just woken up at 7 in the morning. SENSIBLE SLEEPING PATTERN!

Though it'll probably be fucked by Saturday. Goddamn you gigs :C

EDIT: Oh wow I totally just broke the low E string on my guitar. That has never happened before.

Nerdy girls are best girls.

I dunno, I remember meeting this awkward nerdy girl that was really into Norse mythology and animation. I was like "oh man if she must draw some kickass How To Train Your Dragon fanart or something" so I went to up her to talk to her when we ended up walking the same direction and she went on and on about her love for mythology and I talked about the stuff I knew from it, and eventually she was like "Are you coming on to me? I have a boyfriend" out of no where. I was like wooooooow, this chick was like the super zit faced extremely skinny and pale nerd type that questions if I'm hitting on her....but I kept my composure and closed out the conversation and left.

I mean you can say it's just one person out of the many different kinds of people but surely there's a higher percentage of socially awkward nerd girls than say socially awkward cheerleader types :p

Sexually aggressive nerds are the best thing to exist ever

this_is_neogaf.gif

Welcome.

Acid08

Banned
I dunno, I remember meeting this awkward nerdy girl that was really into Norse mythology and animation. I was like "oh man if she must draw some kickass How To Train Your Dragon fanart or something" so I went to up her to talk to her when we ended up walking the same direction and she went on and on about her love for mythology and I talked about the stuff I knew from it, and eventually she was like "Are you coming on to me? I have a boyfriend" out of no where. I was like wooooooow, this chick was like the super zit faced extremely skinny and pale nerd type that questions if I'm hitting on her....but I kept my composure and closed out the conversation and left.

I mean you can say it's just one person out of the many different kinds of people but surely there's a higher percentage of socially awkward nerd girls than say socially awkward cheerleader types :p

Shocking.

Acid08

Banned
So what do you guys consider nerdy girls?

In the context of Neogaf, nerdy girls=girls who are into anime, games, comics, film etc.

In real life though, most girls are nerdy about something even if it isn't our precious otaku hobbies. I like a girl who's nerdy about her own things and can accept, and maybe even also enjoy, the things that I nerd out about.

I kind of consider a nerd as someone who is just a wee bit too much into one thing, so much so that it almost defines them as a person. You end up being "that guy" or "that girl" (comic book guy, doll collector girl).

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Sure, I'm a nerd about games/comics/fantasy and sci-fi books.

But also, linguistics.

Also also, history!

And science!

And literature!

And learning about different cultures!

And tons of other stuff because everything is so exciting!

Sure, I'm a nerd about games/comics/fantasy and sci-fi books.

But also, linguistics.

Also also, history!

And science!

And literature!

And learning about different cultures!

And tons of other stuff because everything is so exciting!

But this is why you are our queen, your grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom