• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like how they switch all the heroes around. I wanna be a healer or something.

You buy the characters, they switch the "free" ones every week or so.

e.g. these are the champs I own, the ones in grey are the ones I do not own

NoZJr.jpg

I think I've spent $15ish on two skins. You can also earn money from games to buy characters, so I did that.

You buy the characters, they switch the "free" ones every week or so.

e.g. these are the champs I own, the ones in grey are the ones I do not own

So basically just volibear :p

Will everyone be up this time tomorrow? Or maybe 4 hours earlier?

Can we have a 5v5 match, or will we have to just have a team of 5?

how much money did you spend?

inb4$8000

Never spent a dime for IP but i have bought a lot of riot points to get skins cause i want to support the game and what it stands for.

I think I've spent $15ish on two skins. You can also earn money from games to buy characters, so I did that.

So basically just volibear :p

Will everyone be up this time tomorrow? Or maybe 4 hours earlier?

Can we have a 5v5 match, or will we have to just have a team of 5?

I wanna buy Volibear! I love laning with him as Singed for the double toss. Whenever I'm at home I'm at my computer pretty much...right now it's like 8 PM my time I'll definitely play.

.la1n

What kind of times did we line up to try to play LoL? I am on the north american east coast. Would be up for a game later if I don't go out tonight.

I would play anytime! If you see my green dot on facebook that usually means I am just sitting at the computer playing something or watching something anyway ;P Hell I wanna play some right now.

.la1n

I would play anytime! If you see my green dot on facebook that usually means I am just sitting at the computer playing something or watching something anyway ;P Hell I wanna play some right now.

Awesome! I'll hit you up when I get home from work if you are around.

If you guys have space, I may be up for it too. That is if I'm not taking a nap or fallen asleep. :D

I'm thinking 6 or 7 PM my time, which is when shan left that post a few up :p If you come on it can be her, you, tim, me, and leadbelly as a 5 :D

I can play tonight :)

Maybe we can get 2 teams going in one of the practice modes

Awesome! I'll hit you up when I get home from work if you are around.

Text me if I"m not on

leadbelly

Banned
What kind of times did we line up to try to play LoL? I am on the north american east coast. Would be up for a game later if I don't go out tonight.

Yeah. It's awkward. East coast is less of a problem for me because it is only like 5 hours behind. West coast is 8 hours behind and Australia is like 10 hours ahead.

I will have to be up late tonight so that it is easier for everyone else. We'll figure it out a bit later on if everyone is on.

So maybe lunchtimeish for me I guess :p

Okay. So that means you'd rather not at that time? We'll sort it out when you get back on tomorrow.

leadbelly

Banned
Arranging the time to play together is gonna be a nightmare! :D

I know. :/

It was lucky I loaded it up earlier because it had a whole load of updating to do. Just finished. In the process now of adding people. I think I have to go on the US server?

Edit: Switching to the US server has just made it start updating again. :/

leadbelly

Banned
So, I can't just switch to another server, I have to make another account?

I logged into the EU server, tried to add people, but it just says they were not found. I guessed that I have to log in to the US server, but doesn't recognise my username or password.

leadbelly

Banned
Oh btw... No one interested in why I have a strange face on my dog?

It is Jeremy Hunt. Something all UK-gaf are doing if you have noticed. Jeremy Hunt rhymes with a word that is now banned.

hope you guys liked it :D I think the more you play, the more you will get it...if you get on mumble or whatever chat program we will use it should make it much easier to ask questions on what you can do in the game...the more people that are into the game the better, I dont' like playing with randoms.

leadbelly

Banned
hope you guys liked it :D I think the more you play, the more you will get it...if you get on mumble or whatever chat program we will use it should make it much easier to ask questions on what you can do in the game...the more people that are into the game the better, I dont' like playing with randoms.

Yeah. At the moment, I have no clue what I am doing. I am going to go through the tutorial tomorrow.

I will also try to get mumble working.

Emitan

I bought a new keyboard off Amazon to replace my really shitty one. Well, this one was only $20 so it's still cheap, but still.

The keys feel all different and it's WEIRD

I have this work stuff and maybe lame "hanging out with friends" stuff later on after that...damn irl taking away gaming time :\ I can probably get on more this time monday

Davedough

Some of you know and some don't but I've been living apart from my wife and 4 year old daughter for about a month while we transition from Arizona to the DC metro area. Unfortunate circumstances have put me back in AZ for the last couple of days. I don't really know why I'm telling anyone here this other than its an outlet to express myself almost anonymously and allows me to get a few things off my chest.

My wife called me at 7:30 in the morning on Thursday and said that my four year old daughter had come in to her room in the middle of the night and was saying she couldn't breathe. Her lips were blue and she was unable to take any breath in. My wife said she collapsed as if she had given up. She hooked her up to our nebulizer since we have children with asthma and proceeded to head to the hospital. She called me panicked from the emergency room and gave me the information that she knew at the time when almost all of the sudden they said they would have to medivac my daughter to phoenix because they had never seen anything like what they saw when they xray'd my daughters chest.

It was four hours until I was able to talk to my wife again and when I did, the news was worse. My daughter couldn't breathe because a tumor had grown in her chest cavity so large that it was causing her airway to close from 15mm where it should be, to 3mm. The cause of the tumor is t-cell ALL leukemia. My happy little four year is daughter has cancer.

Before I flew in, they had already begun chemotherapy and its a challenge with the tumor keeping her upright so the weight of it doesn't continue to block her airway and constrict her heart.

So needless to say, the past few days have been horrendous for me. And the next few years of my life have just changed dramatically. The prognosis is positive and the doctors are confident about recovery and a cure, but its going to be a long road.

Emitan

;~;

I'm awful with words so I don't know what to say, but I'm here for you and your family, Dave. Literally tears in my eyes right now.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh Dave... *hug* I'm hoping for the best for your little girl and all your family.

InfiniteNine's thoughts are also with you and your family (she wishes she could post herself, but her internet has issues.)

Some of you know and some don't but I've been living apart from my wife and 4 year old daughter for about a month while we transition from Arizona to the DC metro area. Unfortunate circumstances have put me back in AZ for the last couple of days. I don't really know why I'm telling anyone here this other than its an outlet to express myself almost anonymously and allows me to get a few things off my chest.

My wife called me at 7:30 in the morning on Thursday and said that my four year old daughter had come in to her room in the middle of the night and was saying she couldn't breathe. Her lips were blue and she was unable to take any breath in. My wife said she collapsed as if she had given up. She hooked her up to our nebulizer since we have children with asthma and proceeded to head to the hospital. She called me panicked from the emergency room and gave me the information that she knew at the time when almost all of the sudden they said they would have to medivac my daughter to phoenix because they had never seen anything like what they saw when they xray'd my daughters chest.

It was four hours until I was able to talk to my wife again and when I did, the news was worse. My daughter couldn't breathe because a tumor had grown in her chest cavity so large that it was causing her airway to close from 15mm where it should be, to 3mm. The cause of the tumor is t-cell ALL leukemia. My happy little four year is daughter has cancer.

Before I flew in, they had already begun chemotherapy and its a challenge with the tumor keeping her upright so the weight of it doesn't continue to block her airway and constrict her heart.

So needless to say, the past few days have been horrendous for me. And the next few years of my life have just changed dramatically. The prognosis is positive and the doctors are confident about recovery and a cure, but its going to be a long road.
Dave, that's awful. But at least the prognosis is good. Smart people believe your daughter will be okay.

If there's anything you need (if you want me to set up a charity drive or you want me to make her a video to cheer her up or whatever), I will be absolutely glad to help.

Stay strong, man. Your family needs you as much as you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom