• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, congratulations! Now you're ready to begin life in the real world!

Not really.

Already started yo. Been working at a proper job for a week already.

One of the guys who started at the same time as me asked where I was today on Facebook. Apparently they were missing my ability to be awesome at doing things :D

Davedough

I wish I were a rich, I would donate millions to help Children's Hospital do what it is they do. These people here are fantastic.

Jaidyn has been moved out of ICU, well she was yesterday. She's in her own room in the cancer treatment ward. She's doing very well and responding to the treatment with excellent results. The doctors say we're out of the clear with her tumor and it has shrunk enough now to feel safe enough to allow her to do normal things while she's getting her treatments. I'm still waiting on the latest xray results to see just how much the mass has shrunk. Last time I saw it, which was last Friday, it had reduced approximately 30%. They say that if things remain as they are, she should be able to go home Friday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dave, that's the best news I've heard all week. Giving you a giant mental hug right now.

Also Jaidyn is a totally interesting and beautiful name.

Ashes

Banned
I wish I were a rich, I would donate millions to help Children's Hospital do what it is they do. These people here are fantastic.

Jaidyn has been moved out of ICU, well she was yesterday. She's in her own room in the cancer treatment ward. She's doing very well and responding to the treatment with excellent results. The doctors say we're out of the clear with her tumor and it has shrunk enough now to feel safe enough to allow her to do normal things while she's getting her treatments. I'm still waiting on the latest xray results to see just how much the mass has shrunk. Last time I saw it, which was last Friday, it had reduced approximately 30%. They say that if things remain as they are, she should be able to go home Friday.

:)

Try and get some sleep.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Dave, I'm so happy things are going well!

Hmm, I want to make something for her to cheer her up! There isn't much I can do, but I can do that. Tell me what her most favorite thing in the world is, and I'll make something special just for her.

I quite like what you do at 1 minute onward. As well as 2:30 onward.

You have the best band name ever, RNH.

I just wanted to tell you that again.

Damn RNH, this is great! You should make an album! I would buy it.

what.

Yeah me too. Or stream a gig live on neoGAF. :p

That would be pretty cool actually.

I approve of this.

Thanks peoples! Best response :D

Hopefully ma band will actually get around to getting a drummer and doing stuff at some point, I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED. I'm half-tempted to just walk around Manchester with the other guys and asking random people if they're drummers. It might work.

And the date thing was just me being lazy with Bandcamp >_>

Well damn, I missed the start of this story, but this part of it is awesome news :D

Davedough

Dave, I'm so happy things are going well!

Hmm, I want to make something for her to cheer her up! There isn't much I can do, but I can do that. Tell me what her most favorite thing in the world is, and I'll make something special just for her.

Haha... well, I just asked her and she said "Spongebob", so there you have it =).

Davedough

Oh, and for those who dont subscribe to my facebook posts, she painted my nails last night.

cq9J5.jpg

Words cannot express how happy I am for you man.

Davedough

Final update for a little while, and again. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

We're going home today! The tumor in her chest is completely gone. Its truly amazing what modern medicine can do, but they successfully eradicated the tumor. The leukemia is still real, but thankfully she's responding very well to the chemotherapy. They tested her bone marrow and did a lumbar puncture and where they were expecting approximately 5% leukemia cells, they found 2%, which is very good. In other words, if they looked at 100 cells, only 2 of them were leukemia as opposed to her baseline where approximately 80% were leukemia when she got in here. She's a fighter.

We still have about 3 years of treatments, maintenance and other things until we can completely put this behind us, but we're in the clear and out of immediate danger. She'll still have a weakened immune system due to the chemo, she will lose her hair and all the other things that come along with it, but at least I'll have my little girl beside me. She is supposed to outlive me and it appears that the lovely people at Phoenix Children's Hospital have allowed me that comfort.

Chuckie

Thanks for the update Dave. I am so happy to hear she is reacting so good to treatments.

Greetings to your lovely girl!

Edit: as you can see I am not that good at expressing myself... but I hope you catch my drift.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It must feel such a relief to be going home. Dave, you three haven't left my thoughts! I'm so glad that despite the horrible circumstances things seem to be going positively as you could've hoped.

AcridMeat

Banned
Fantastic news to start the day with Dave. I know what you're going through with this so I'm extremely grateful things are working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom