• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Yeah, I just end up feeling shitty after nights out quite a lot of the time. In fact just generally after I have good time with some friends.
Yeah happens to me too sometimes. I think it is the contrast between having a fucking awesome time and the ordinary 'boring' life.

The best friend situation is pretty emotionally draining too, which doesn't help. Any sensible person would've moved on, but nope. I've tried, but I can't. Goddamn emotions.

Yeah these situations rarely end well. There are really just two choices...1. totally go for it, go down in a blaze of glory........... or 2. Truely accept the friendship and move on.

I chose 2, have fallen in love 4 times since and am happily married now.

But whatever you choose...realise that you do have to choose... you can't let this shit linger..before you know it years have passed by and you still aren't with a girl you love.

Anyway.... happy birthday Robot!

been drunk for the last time (or at least for a while)

Hahaha! Next weekend then?

Happy birthday!

1. totally go for it, go down in a blaze of glory........... or 2. Truely accept the friendship and move on.

I chose 2, have fallen in love 4 times since and am happily married now.

But whatever you choose...realise that you do have to choose... you can't let this shit linger

I chose #1. Worked out well.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Here is pie as promised. It doesn't look that great but damn it was yummy
sbecR.jpg
BRGdF.jpg

Lucian Cat

I used to have issues with meringue, but now I can make a perfect pavlova. Just takes a bit of practice and a LOT of egg whisking. And for the love of god dont add the sugar straight away. That's the key

Meringue is hard ;.; though I haven't tried making it in years. You might just have inspired me to give it another shot!

Ah. Why add pie to the end then?

This has confused me also. I always imagined the US had some sort of delicious pizza that was inside a pie or something, like a pizza pocket but better. I'm really disappointed now :(

Lucian Cat

This has confused me also. I always imagined the US had some sort of delicious pizza that was inside a pie or something, like a pizza pocket but better. I'm really disappointed now :(

At least I'm not the only one!

As for meringue, try this recipe
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23981/pavlova

I've made it twice now and both times it's been magical. Just remember to beat the heck out of it before and after adding sugar!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Commonly called "stuffed pizza," no? I fucking love it, if that makes me a pinko so be it.
J8NVS.jpg

note, I do not endorse sbarro

leadbelly

Banned
Well, some pies don't have a top, so a pizza is pretty much a pie without the top casing.

A pie with a top casing is pretty much how they typically are in the UK. That is how most people in the UK would describe them. Americans call certain desserts a 'pie' where as in the UK it would probably be called something else.

Even so, a pie without a top casing is still made of pastry and has a definite crust and filling. Pizzas are more like a bread base with a topping as opposed to a filling. Of course some of them have a crust so you could describe it as a filling I suppose.

I am aware of the term, but I have never really thought of it as a pie. A pie to me has some sort of filling encased in pastry.

Something like this:

steak___kidney_pie.bmp

That pie looks amazing. Delicious flaky pastry and gravy... its calling me..

Also I have pretty much the same definition of pie. Pies generally = savoury, except for apple pie I guess.

leadbelly

Banned
That pie looks amazing. Delicious flaky pastry and gravy... its calling me..

Also I have pretty much the same definition of pie. Pies generally = savoury, except for apple pie I guess.

Yeah. I don't mind a nice steak pie every now and then. I absolutely love Pukka Pies.

200px-Pukka_Pies.jpeg

y2dvd

So I somehow ended up at a latin club this Saturday night and had no idea how to dance to it. I was buzzed and attempted to dance to it anyways, only to step on my friend's feet and that of strangers all night lol.

Time to pick up salsa! Who wants to be my dummy dance partner?! Wearing steel-toed boots is required for your own safety.

Ezalc

So I somehow ended up at a latin club this Saturday night and had no idea how to dance to it. I was buzzed and attempted to dance to it anyways, only to step on my friend's feet and that of strangers all night lol.

Time to pick up salsa! Who wants to be my dummy dance partner?! Wearing steel-toed boots is required for your own safety.

Man I love dancing to Spanish music. You get a pair dance with the other person close and then you start spinning and spinning, it's so much fun! Too bad there are no clubs in my city that play spanish music, the closest thing is like some kind of Brazilian country that while the dance is kind of similar it's slower :/.

dralla

So I'm sitting here on my moms laptop, upstairs the girl im seeing is laying in my bed. she tried to get all sexy on me earlier but i rejected and she's upset...tomorrow morning might be a little awkward lol :[

dralla

no im not drunk! she's asleep, I'm not tired at all, I was laying there for a while but decided it was dumb to just lay there and stair at my ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom