• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

That would've been brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?

My eyes are hurting so bad, onions everywhere etc.

No no, you have me wrong. I'm merely trying to figure out where you might have gone wrong, not encouraging you to include phallic photography with every letter of love.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
No no, you have me wrong. I'm merely trying to figure out where you might have gone wrong, not encouraging you to include phallic photography with every letter of love.

She's just not that into me. I didn't figure that out by myself. That would've been a start.

I'm a real clumsy person in general when it comes to expressing love and being smooth about it, but I don't think that was the issue here. Just a very one-sided thing.

Anyway. Gotta remember the penis thing. It's genius. Like, a really long love letter, perfume, fancy lettering and all, and as a watermark, my dong. It's so perfect.

Chuckie

Also, in other news, I hate myself. Fucked that up real good. No love for the Wolf.

axZtN.gif

What happened mate? Fuck up with a girl?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
What happened mate? Fuck up with a girl?

Yeah, I wrote a girl that I am head over heels in love with her, and it didn't work out at all. Dangerous business. I shouldn't have assumed. But I'm stupid like that. Now that friendship is down the drain, but I wasn't gonna suffer through secret love or something absurd like that, I can't deal with that shit either.

What is one supposed to do? I can't hold feelings like that back, especially if I'm a friend to her. To me, that's just creepy and wrong. I don't know.

I'm totally clueless anyway, as always. It's awful. I feel like the biggest idiot ever.

Chuckie

Yeah, I wrote a girl that I am head over heels in love with her, and it didn't work out at all. Dangerous business. I shouldn't have assumed. But I'm stupid like that. Now that friendship is down the drain, but I wasn't gonna suffer through secret love or something absurd like that, I can't deal with that shit either.

What is one supposed to do? I can't hold feelings like that back, especially if I'm a friend to her. To me, that's just creepy and wrong. I don't know.

I'm totally clueless anyway, as always. It's awful. I feel like the biggest idiot ever.

Well it's better to try than not try at all. I used to have a best friend I was madly in love with.
I never told her. Waiting like a chum untill she would notice it.... guess what... never happened haha. So I used to be a bigger idiot than you ;)

And then life goes on... you'll meet other girls... you'll succeed, fail again, then succeed again...and chances are pretty big you'll end up with an awesome girl.. I did.

Acid08

Banned
You're far from the biggest idiot ever. Fucking up with girls is just one of life's many joys, every man in the planet has gone through it. Even the handsome, successful, huge crank having Jon Hamms of the world have fucked up with girls.

Davedough

You're far from the biggest idiot ever. Fucking up with girls is just one of life's many joys, every man in the planet has gone through it. Even the handsome, successful, huge crank having Jon Hamms of the world have fucked up with girls.

This fine bald black man knows what he's talking about. And yes, I'm handsome, successful and have a huge crank and I've fucked up quite a few times with girls. Its all part of the game. There are plenty more out there and yeah, she seemed like she was perfect, but if she's not into you, she wasn't. It still sucks, but you move on.

Quite honestly, some of the best relationships I've ever had (including the one I ended up marrying) happened completely out of the blue when I didn't even expect it. Something just might fall into your lap.

leadbelly

Banned
Going full on love letter and so forth is probably not the way I would have gone about it, but at least you tried.

I think, most of the time, I'm more pragmatic about it. It depends on the circumstances really. If there is a potential cost to letting her know my deepest thoughts, I would be more wary about doing it. Sometimes things are best left unsaid.

I tend to look for signs anyway. The last thing I would want to do is make things awkward and uncomfortable (lol). If the signs seem good, it is then I would be more daring about what I say.

Anyway... Broken Sword: Director's Cut is on sale on Android. The UK price is only 25p at the moment. The game is more than worth it at that price. If you're interested I suggest you hurry up because I have no idea how long it will be on sale for.

I watched your youtube video Dave. :p

Davedough

Going full on love letter and so forth is probably not the way I would have gone about it, but at least you tried.

I think, most of the time, I'm more pragmatic about it. It depends on the circumstances really. If there is a potential cost to letting her know my deepest thoughts, I would be more wary about doing it. Sometimes things are best left unsaid.

I tend to look for signs anyway. The last thing I would want to do is make things awkward and uncomfortable (lol). If the signs seem good, it is then I would be more daring about what I say.

Anyway... Broken Sword: Director's Cut is on sale on Android. The UK price is only 25p at the moment. The game is more than worth it at that price. If you're interested I suggest you hurry up because I have no idea how long it will be on sale for.

I watched your youtube video Dave. :p

You have been blessed by my manly voice

leadbelly

Banned
Can I do my fake English accent for the entire book and change my voice inflections for each character.

Something tells me your fake English accent is really bad Dave. :p

I don't really want to listen to Dick Van Dyke reading a story.

Actually, do a youtube video in an English accent, I'm curious now.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
SO...

I have a followup to my woman woes.

Turns out I was too drastic. It would've been proper to make myself attractive over time instead of shovelling all my emotions onto her in an instant.

I've apologized to her for being so abrupt and extreme. I also can't bear the thought of erasing her out of my life like that.

I'm still learning. This was a lesson.

Davedough

SO...

I have a followup to my woman woes.

Turns out I was too drastic. It would've been proper to make myself attractive over time instead of shovelling all my emotions onto her in an instant.

I've apologized to her for being so abrupt and extreme. I also can't bear the thought of erasing her out of my life like that.

I'm still learning. This was a lesson.

That's promising. Now you just have to show her why she needs to pay attention to you. The fact that it was too sudden but she hasn't shunned you means she was taken off guard but isn't exactly against the idea. Now just show her its a good idea to pursue it by slowly working your charm.

now is NOT the time for penis pics

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
That's promising. Now you just have to show her why she needs to pay attention to you. The fact that it was too sudden but she hasn't shunned you means she was taken off guard but isn't exactly against the idea. Now just show her its a good idea to pursue it by slowly working your charm.

I'll see what I can do.

now is NOT the time for penis pics
Whoops UNSEND YOU FOOLISH INTERNETS MACHINE THING

leadbelly

Banned
For some reason this sounded way creepy in my head.

lol

Is it 'hot chocolate' and 'tuck myself up in bed' that makes it sound creepy to you? Were you connoting it with sexual advancement? :p

It's the same proposition I jokingly gave Dave of course.

You're more than welcome to read me a story as well doit. :p

Davedough

lol

Is it 'hot chocolate' and 'tuck myself up in bed' that makes it sound creepy to you? Were you connoting it with sexual advancement? :p

It's the same proposition I jokingly gave Dave of course.

You're more than welcome to read me a story as well doit. :p

Oh, and for the record, I've never said my fake English accent is any good. I merely said I attempt one. I know its abysmal, but that's why I prefer to speak in the superior dialect.

leadbelly

Banned
Well, we already had some of real-gaf reading 50 shades of grey!

lol

I think I would probably spit my hot chocolate out if you started reading that. In your awesome Australian accent as well. :O

Oh, and for the record, I've never said my fake English accent is any good. I merely said I attempt one. I know its abysmal, but that's why I prefer to speak in the superior dialect.

On the other hand, Dave reading it in a very bad English accent would probably be a very weird experience indeed. :/

You mean 'strayen?

I think the funnest accent to do is the Jersey one. I could listen to people from Jersey speak all day, especially if they were mafia.

lol

I think I would probably spit my hot chocolate out if you started reading that. In your awesome Australian accent as well. :O

Everyone thought I was british ;.;

leadbelly

Banned
You mean 'strayen?

I think the funnest accent to do is the Jersey one. I could listen to people from Jersey speak all day, especially if they were mafia

Do you mean a New Jersey accent? I don't even know what a Jersey (UK) accent sounds like.

Everyone thought I was british ;.;

Well, it's quite a mild Australian accent. I can tell because obviously I am British.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom