• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Speaking of IRC, if you haven't been to IRC for awhile PLEASE VISIT US WE MISS YOU.

irc.gamecubecafe.com
#realgaf

Don't forget your friends!

Emitan

I go into IRC chat with Shan AND THIS HAPPENS

vegemiteteu2c.png

ALL MY RECOMMENDATIONS ARE -MITES!

Davedough

Just had a look inside. No one talking.

I'm really tempted to buy Borderlands 2, but I haven't finished Witcher 2 yet. Getting Borderlands 2 isn't going to help me.

That's where you're wrong. Borderlands 2 WILL help you. If you suffer from depression, it will help. If you need a kidney transplant, Borderlands 2 will help. If you're worried about the hungry people in less privileged nations, Borderlands 2 will help.

For the 2 months that you will be playing Borderlands 2, just a dollar a day, wouldn't you want to see these changes happen? Be a man... do the right thing.

That's where you're wrong. Borderlands 2 WILL help you. If you suffer from depression, it will help. If you need a kidney transplant, Borderlands 2 will help. If you're worried about the hungry people in less privileged nations, Borderlands 2 will help.

For the 2 months that you will be playing Borderlands 2, just a dollar a day, wouldn't you want to see these changes happen? Be a man... do the right thing.

Would it help fix my computer and internet?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, Real-GAF!

In like a week, I'll be running a Real-GAF Secret Santa. Now you can use all the personal information you have been quietly and secretly gathering about your fellow community members for good!

Haven't decided the details yet (whether it will be here or IRC, price limits, how I'll be taking participants (though PMs seem likely)), but feel free to throw out ideas. Match-ups will be decided via random number generator, so unless you have a REALLY GOOD AND SPECIFIC REASON for needing someone in particular like "I am going to propose to this person through Secret Santa and the ring is going to be really awkward and expensive if I give it to someone else" specific, it is going to be random.

I'll also write up a guide for how to buy for international people. If you live somewhere without Amazon or something and don't want your Santa to have to be burdened with trying to figure out how to get you gifts, maybe don't sign up? But I suppose that's up to you!

Anyway, I'll figure out details soon.
Screw it, I'm in. I'll hold off on my proposal for now, so no specific caveats.

leadbelly

Banned

What if I want to be the supreme overlord of planet Earth?

Davedough

Probably something like that... but it might be the first time in history it was actually correct

Lol. Google translate for the win. I wouldn't use Bing if my testicles were on fire and Bing was the only thing that could put it out. Besides, Bing means disease in Chinese

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Dave, despite that picture being younger, thinner, and hairier, you definitely look better now! Maybe it's the confidence that comes with age. :eek:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Fell in love with a girl. Wrote her a thing so that she knows. Scared she'll hate me for it.

I'm too awkward for this planet. I wish I were as cool as all these other people running around everywhere, just so that these kinds of situations wouldn't destroy me every single time. Fuck.

Davedough

I am quite fine, thank you. :eek:

Speaking of which! How is your daughter doing?
She's still trucking along. She's in full remission but she's still got a long road of chemo ahead. Their protocol ensures that all of the cancer cells are completely gone and out of the usual hiding places, such as the spinal fluid. The good news about that is the next phase that she moves into will be her last aggressive phase and by January she will move into a phase where she's only getting chemo once per month instead of weekly.

Both my wife and she will finally be out here with me on November 6th. The doctors have okayed Jaidyn to transfer at that point, so yay!

Acid08

Banned
She's still trucking along. She's in full remission but she's still got a long road of chemo ahead. Their protocol ensures that all of the cancer cells are completely gone and out of the usual hiding places, such as the spinal fluid. The good news about that is the next phase that she moves into will be her last aggressive phase and by January she will move into a phase where she's only getting chemo once per month instead of weekly.

Both my wife and she will finally be out here with me on November 6th. The doctors have okayed Jaidyn to transfer at that point, so yay!

Super happy to hear that, congrats Dave :)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole

I'm glad things are looking up for you guys! Fighto!

Lissar

Reluctant Member

That's great that things seem to be going well! And that you'll finally be able to be with your family again. That must have been hard for you. :<

Chuckie

Great to hear that Dave. All the best wishes for you, your wife and especially your daughter from Holland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom