• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm a bit apprehensive about going to sleep now. There was a big bang and the power went off a minute ago. I lifted up the circuit breaker and 'bang!' off it goes again. Turns out it was coming from underneath the sink. I've unplugged the washing machine and dish washer. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. :/

I think I will give an update on this even though none of you really cared anyway. lol

I got an electrician out who said there was nothing wrong with the wiring. He reckons it is the dishwasher. Maybe some water has got on to the wiring inside. That is probably what has happened as I haven't had a problem since I unplugged it.

I woke up this morning to a new little friend in my window:

BwNfe.jpg

Its as big as my hand and I don't know how to get it out of the window D:

In nicer news, I made a cake!

leadbelly

Banned

In nicer news, I made a cake!

:O

20 pounds of TNT. It's all you can do shan!

And I want some of that cake. :(

There appears to be too much deliciousness there for just one family.

leadbelly

Banned
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/tarantula-milkshake.jpg

Perhaps it's a good thing that image didn't show up. Partly because of how revolting it is and partly because it would have took up most of the fucking page. lol

Still... it might actually be quite tasty. You never know. :/

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I think I will give an update on this even though none of you really cared anyway. lol

I got an electrician out who said there was nothing wrong with the wiring. He reckons it is the dishwasher. Maybe some water has got on to the wiring inside. That is probably what has happened as I haven't had a problem since I unplugged it.

Whenever something strange like that happens, just blame wizards. It's always wizards

Ah, Australia, when aren't deadly animals crawling around in every corner of your living spaces? At least you guys can potentially have pet koalas *( .,. )*

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ah, Australia, when aren't deadly animals crawling around in every corner of your living spaces? At least you guys can potentially have pet koalas *( .,. )*

Oh god I don't want a pet koala. Those things are the devil. They screech and everything D:

Rom1944

Oh my god that spider seems ready to jump in any minute, i hate spiders so much because of my job i have to wander in tall grass and wilderness and most of the time i get a spider hooked or worst a tick, arachnid in general are a big no for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Huntsmans are big babies.

Hey, Real-GAF!

In like a week, I'll be running a Real-GAF Secret Santa. Now you can use all the personal information you have been quietly and secretly gathering about your fellow community members for good!

Haven't decided the details yet (whether it will be here or IRC, price limits, how I'll be taking participants (though PMs seem likely)), but feel free to throw out ideas. Match-ups will be decided via random number generator, so unless you have a REALLY GOOD AND SPECIFIC REASON for needing someone in particular like "I am going to propose to this person through Secret Santa and the ring is going to be really awkward and expensive if I give it to someone else" specific, it is going to be random.

I'll also write up a guide for how to buy for international people. If you live somewhere without Amazon or something and don't want your Santa to have to be burdened with trying to figure out how to get you gifts, maybe don't sign up? But I suppose that's up to you!

Anyway, I'll figure out details soon.

.la1n

Hey, Real-GAF!

In like a week, I'll be running a Real-GAF Secret Santa. Now you can use all the personal information you have been quietly and secretly gathering about your fellow community members for good!

Haven't decided the details yet (whether it will be here or IRC, price limits, how I'll be taking participants (though PMs seem likely)), but feel free to throw out ideas. Match-ups will be decided via random number generator, so unless you have a REALLY GOOD AND SPECIFIC REASON for needing someone in particular like "I am going to propose to this person through Secret Santa and the ring is going to be really awkward and expensive if I give it to someone else" specific, it is going to be random.

I'll also write up a guide for how to buy for international people. If you live somewhere without Amazon or something and don't want your Santa to have to be burdened with trying to figure out how to get you gifts, maybe don't sign up? But I suppose that's up to you!

Excellent idea my man!

random: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf6XYh_0EYA&feature=share

made me feel better since it's a hellish day at the office.

Davedough

Forgive me for not wanting to cradle it in my arms and make 'coochy coo' noises. :p

I laughed a little harder than I should have.

Hey, Real-GAF!

Excellent idea. I'd participate.

leadbelly

Banned
Is it bad that I'm not entirely sure how Secret Santa works?

I think I need to understand the details of the game before I know whether I actually want to join in.

Is it bad that I'm not entirely sure how Secret Santa works?

I think I need to understand the details of the game before I know whether I actually want to join in.

- People join the group
- Everyone is randomly assigned one person from the group to get a gift for
- Send gift by deadline
- Open gift
- Praise/curse out gifter

That's the gist of it, at least.

Secret Santa sounds fun. Might work out pretty expensive for me to participate though, so I'm not sure yet.

D:
and earthquakes!

Shouldn't be too expensive. If someone lives in a different country (that has Amazon), you can usually just go to that country's Amazon and order something there without worrying about exorbitant shipping costs.

There's also Steam.

I have to admit. I laughed.

Oh, and Crude... thanks for keeping this a no goatse zone.

I enjoy my tag not being 'banned'.

With a huge number of posters here using a .gif I rehosted on my webserver, I do actually have the opportunity to spread some image-swapping merriment. Haven't decided to what, though. Nothing so bad as goatse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom