• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

I propose a project....

We all (all being whoever wants to participate) read a passage from anything for about 2-5 minutes in the voice of Sean Connery. It will be due by midnight Friday GMT. Uploaded to Youtube or some other medium and linked here.

leadbelly

Banned
I propose a project....

We all (all being whoever wants to participate) read a passage from anything for about 2-5 minutes in the voice of Sean Connery. It will be due by midnight Friday GMT. Uploaded to Youtube or some other medium and linked here.

Intrigued. Well, mainly because it changes the subject and saves it from becoming a shan appreciation thread. lol

I'm not very good at doing accents though. I'll maybe try something if people participate.

Davedough

Intrigued. Well, mainly because it changes the subject and saves it from becoming a shan appreciation thread. lol

I'm not very good at doing accents though. I'll maybe try something if people participate.

Not being very good at it is the point. Then after we've all had a good laugh, we pick a winner and the winner picks the next week's "Read in the voice of..." project.

leadbelly

Banned
Not being very good at it is the point. Then after we've all had a good laugh, we pick a winner and the winner picks the next week's "Read in the voice of..." project.

But I am really, really terrible. :/

I can do a pretty good Welsh accent. My Welsh accent sometimes turns into an Indian accent though for some reason.

Davedough

But I am really, really terrible. :/

I can do a pretty good Welsh accent. My Welsh accent sometimes turns into an Indian accent though for some reason.

lol see... thats hilarious. My French impression often becomes German. My Russian accent is horrible, but its been known to make people laugh.

leadbelly

Banned
lol see... thats hilarious. My French impression often becomes German. My Russian accent is horrible, but its been known to make people laugh.

Speaking of Welsh accents, I couldn't help laughing at something one of the NPCs would say in The Witcher 2, in a really thick Welsh accent.

I'm not sure if it was a genuine accent or put on, but it seemed somewhat exaggerated.

"Can girls become witchers too?"

Edit: Forgot to mention it was The Witcher 2. Added that detail in there.

Davedough

If Sean Connery is too difficult (all you have to do is add SHH to all your S sounds), then you can substitute Fat Bastard from Austin Powers.

leadbelly

Banned
If Sean Connery is too difficult (all you have to do is add SHH to all your S sounds), then you can substitute Fat Bastard from Austin Powers.

I think I will wait for other contributions before I decide to do a Sean Connery impression. lol

Maybe I could do my impression of a Welsh person doing a Sean Connery impression. :D

Davedough

I cant wait for Shan to wake up in a few hours, read through this and systematically start deleting all these people from her Facebook account, then go and cry in the shower because she cant feel clean enough.

leadbelly

Banned
My ignorant American ears cant tell what you've decided to do. "I've decided to do a WOW fax at Dave, because I can't do a Sean Connery accent very well."

Cockney?

lol

No. A Cockney accent is way broader than my accent. Maybe I need to enunciate my words better. Speak slowly like I am speaking to a 3 year-old. lol

"I decided to do a Welsh accent Dave because I can't do a Sean Connery accent very well."

Davedough

I'm going to pick a random book on my Kindle tonight and read the first 2 pages, then I'll post it on here.

Edit: btw, this thread has turned into the Dave and leadbelly Show.

leadbelly

Banned
It is much clearer than the one I tried on my laptop. I recently installed windows 7 on it, but for some reason the sound has screwed up. I never did a clean install of it though because I wanted to keep my files on there. That could be the reason. Other than that it works fine.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0A9TPA9xE6w

Davedough

HI CAN I BE ON YOUR SHOW

Everyone, I'd like to welcome Hawkian to the show. Give a round of applause.

kCOUD.jpg

Davedough

Amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS8eipuXYWg&feature=related

Anyone know what instrument this is? It seems nothing but pure delight comes out of it.

A duo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3BvNLeNgw&feature=related

A Chinese Wok... people cook with them.

Seriously though, its just a steel drum turned upside down. Same thing you'd see in the Caribbean.

Edit: I'm wrong. Its called a "Hang", its a Swedish instrument that is quite rare. There were only a few ever made.

.la1n

Really late on this but Dave, the young picture does not compare to you now. Stay just the way you are. Extremely happy to hear the news about your Daughter. Also, I would gladly listen to tapes of Dave's bed time stories :)

Davedough

So... did anyone actually do an impression or read anything? :p

I may do something later, when I get chance.

I did not. Borderlands 2 felt neglected and I felt guilty because of it.

BTW... slickdeals has Borderlands 2 digital download for $37.50
as well as Dishonored Pre-Order for $37.50
... dont know what that translates to for people who pay with that monopoly money.

.la1n

I did not. Borderlands 2 felt neglected and I felt guilty because of it.

BTW... slickdeals has Borderlands 2 digital download for $37.50
as well as Dishonored Pre-Order for $37.50
... dont know what that translates to for people who pay with that monopoly money.

Dishonored? Fuck yeah.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got Borderlands 2 for like 26 from a slickdeals the other day.

Dishonored looks like the kind of game made for me to play around in, but I just can't justify the purchase. GW2 and BL2 are both games I'll put hundreds of hours into and it's not like my backlog was clear before.

SO MANY GAMES. MY LIFE IS SO FUCKED UP AND HARD

dralla

omg omg, green and black's organic 85% dark chocolate bar is incredible. what the fuck, why did no one tell me it was so good, I feel like I've been missing out for too long

I got Borderlands 2 for like 26 from a slickdeals the other day.

Dishonored looks like the kind of game made for me to play around in, but I just can't justify the purchase. GW2 and BL2 are both games I'll put hundreds of hours into and it's not like my backlog was clear before.

SO MANY GAMES. MY LIFE IS SO FUCKED UP AND HARD

I'm too broke to spend money on games that aren't free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom