• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
I understood the original premise but it seems to have spiraled into insanity.

Really is odd to say the least. I am still going with the premise that Evil is completely fucking drunk. Or just does not give a shit. I have no stake in this but something is definitely odd.

EVOL 100%

Really is odd to say the least. I am still going with the premise that Evil is completely fucking drunk. Or just does not give a shit. I have no stake in this but something is definitely odd.

That's a long time to be drunk. I'm going with the latter.

Hey real-gaf. Nice to meet ya. So, uh, what's the difference between here and Random-gaf?

EVOL 100%

WHAT?! NOOO! Forever?? ;.;

What happened in the thread?

Nothing confirmed but it seems that way.

He wasn't being particularly egregious, I think he was banned to set an example.

Also, Razek is gone, Fiction left and Mumei is not a mod anymore. Pretty shitty all around.

Nothing confirmed but it seems that way.

He wasn't being particularly egregious, I think he was banned to set an example.

Also, Razek is gone, Fiction left and Mumei is not a mod anymore. Pretty shitty all around.

This is upsetting. I liked Fiction and Orayn, and Mumei seemed to be a great mod. I only read the first few pages and the last few of that thread. Everything seems so bizarre.

Hi everyone. I enjoyed the RPJ thread, but I keep forgetting the community sides exist (also, I haven't felt like talking much, but I need to break out of that :/).

Chuckie

WHAT?! NOOO! Forever?? ;.;

What happened in the thread?

What I think happened:

Appearantly there are people (the so called PC Brigade) who pile up on members who make non-PC comments or even when they are uneducated about certain topics.
Other than piling up they try to get the 'non-PC' people banned or silenced.

Some people felt they could no longer speak freely because every sentence was watched upon by certain people. The banning of the word 'cunt' because it was a sexual slur seemed to be a by-product of the over PC-ness.

Yesterday EviLore appearantly decided he had enough and wanted to make the forum more 'freedom of speech' like again. The word cunt was reinstated and many rejoiced.

However it also lured out two kinds of people. The ones who thought they now could say everything and people who didn't agree with these new rules.
I think EviLore made some extra posts to get above people out of their 'hiding-places'

Well at least that's what I think happened. I could be completely wrong ofcourse/

Magilla

Banned
Thanks tence. Do you know why fiction left? Did she not like the new rules?:(

Just a lurker in this thread, but I've been catching up on the "cunt" thread and thought I could enlighten(slightly).

This is her(?) post.

And that's me done. If anyone wants to get a hold of me, feel free to pm me, I might check for awhile, but I am done posting here.

I can't speak for her, but it appears she no longer liked the direction of the forum. Not banned.

Chuckie

What the... do I dare ask for a recap? I left the "cunt" thread at page 6 and now it's huge!

What I think happened:

Appearantly there are people (the so called PC Brigade) who pile up on members who make non-PC comments or even when they are uneducated about certain topics.
Other than piling up they try to get the 'non-PC' people banned or silenced.

Some people felt they could no longer speak freely because every sentence was watched upon by certain people. The banning of the word 'cunt' because it was a sexual slur seemed to be a by-product of the over PC-ness.

Yesterday EviLore appearantly decided he had enough and wanted to make the forum more 'freedom of speech' like again. The word cunt was reinstated and many rejoiced.

However it also lured out two kinds of people. The ones who thought they now could say everything and people who didn't agree with these new rules.
I think EviLore made some extra posts to get above people out of their 'hiding-places'

Well at least that's what I think happened. I could be completely wrong ofcourse/

dralla

hey guys, remember that sweet cookie monster hat I got? well I got something to wear it with!

jY5s6tKCDIluY.jpg

hey you can also see my super mario lounge pants lol :)

ps. no wonder I'm single :(

oh and I picked up burt's bees lip balm, first time ever trying it, it is awesome. it is my new go-to chapstick

Davedough

Burt's Bees is a revelation for sure.

My day started incredibly when I remembered I bought a breakfast burrito yesterday.

My day just became incredible when the PR person for Arkane Studios sent me an email and said "Oh, sorry. Forgot to include you on our Dishonored review handouts, here you go", and included a code. I guess my Internet whining worked.

dralla

XCOM looks fuckin awesome. I want it, just not at $60, It seems like game prices drop so fast these days. I also just bought a bunch of other games I haven't played yet.

My day just became incredible when the PR person for Arkane Studios sent me an email and said "Oh, sorry. Forgot to include you on our Dishonored review handouts, here you go", and included a code. I guess my Internet whining worked.

When you're done with that copy, send it my way.
It's so unfair!
I really want to play it!

Let's hope this works.

dralla

I'm obsessed with avocados, I cant' stop eating them. They've been on sale at my job, so I get them for 4 for 4 bucks, how can I not keep buying them! People also seem to love food pictures on instagram, that's the only time I get my pics liked lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom