• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

I'm afraid I don't know how to do it right. :(

I need someone to teach me the ways of the avocado.

Avocado is savory, not sweet. Its got a very velvety texture and a buttery type taste to it, so as a dessert, it would be quite disgusting.

Put it in a salad, try a bacon sandwich as mentioned earlier, one of my favorite meals that I cook (and I am a damn fine cook) is a tomatillo chicken where you grill and season chicken, then top it with a grilled mix of tomatillos, onions and jalapenos, then cover it with a slice of monterey jack cheese melted and slice (cold, as it doesn't warm well) avocado on the top of it. Supremely delicious.

leadbelly

Banned
Avocado is savory, not sweet. Its got a very velvety texture and a buttery type taste to it, so as a dessert, it would be quite disgusting.

Put it in a salad, try a bacon sandwich as mentioned earlier, one of my favorite meals that I cook (and I am a damn fine cook) is a tomatillo chicken where you grill and season chicken, then top it with a grilled mix of tomatillos, onions and jalapenos, then cover it with a slice of monterey jack cheese melted and slice (cold, as it doesn't warm well) avocado on the top of it. Supremely delicious.

Interesting!

Now I am thinking this:
http://www.avocado.org.au/recipes/recipe_finder.aspx?recipeID=298

What more could a British person ask for? I'll answer the question for you. Nothing! Nothing I tell you!
Baked-Beans-05-1024x768.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
I'm thinking I need to start playing some games again. I stopped playing Witcher 2 and haven't had the enthusiasm of late to get back to playing it again. Must push myself!

Davedough

Holy crap! Gearbox releases the Mechromancer in Borderlands 2, TellTale releases The Walking Dead Episode 4 and then there's Dishonored. Why am I plagued with these first world gamer problems?!?

Davedough

Ghetto you say? Ghetto?!

It is the meal of nobleman. Knights would feast on beans on toast before going into battle.

You're using a "nobleman" argument with an American? You remember that we left the monarchy and then repelled your bean and toast eating battle ready troops too =P

leadbelly

Banned
You're using a "nobleman" argument with an American? You remember that we left the monarchy and then repelled your bean and toast eating battle ready troops too =P

lol

All the beans on toast supplies were gone at that point. All the British soldiers had was cabbage and brussel sprouts. Nobody likes brussel sprouts so the morale was low.

Kind of don't care about that anyway because you were sticking it to the Man. No one likes 'The Man' dave. The Man is keeping us down!

The end of episode 4 made me sad. :(

I wonder if there is a way to change the outcome. There is a choice you have to make towards the end which I really didn't want to make. If I made that choice maybe this horrible thing won't happen. The odd thing is, it doesn't actually show you the choices once the game has finished. Well, it tells you the percentage of people who made the same choices as you, but it doesn't actually say what those choices were. The other episodes do.

Obviously I can't really go into detail about it. Maybe someone can speak to me about it once they have finished the episode.

dralla

Those eggs look awfully plain. Gotta add some pizzazz to them.

oh, but they aren't, what you can't see is the shredded coconut in there, lots of it too. fried in coconut oil too, eggs and coconut is a great combo, mmmmmm

They need more fattening things, also salt / pepper. I understand the eating healthy thing though :)

see above. coconut is pure saturated fatty goodness! I mix the salt and pepper in while they're cooking, it's in there. And avocado is pure fat too. unless you mean fattening like toast or something lol, fuck that garbage.

I have a nice spicy seasoning I use on my eggs sometimes too.

EVOL 100%

Goddamnit onions, avocado and beans?

What is wrong with you people. Btw I tried out avocado again thanks to this thread. Bad as I remembered. Garlic can be tasty sometimes so it gets a pass.

leadbelly

Banned
I went into the Walking Dead thread and noticed that some people actually did have the choices show at the end of the game. It looks like the thing that happens at the end can't be changed. I had a feeling you couldn't change that outcome. There is only one episode left so...

I got this picture from the thread. It is not my monitor but it shows exactly what I saw when completing the game.

It must be a glitch. I noticed a few glitches in episode 3 as well.

Davedough

I went into the Walking Dead thread and noticed that some people actually did have the choices show at the end of the game. It looks like the thing that happens at the end can't be changed. I had a feeling you couldn't change that outcome. There is only one episode left so...

I got this picture from the thread. It is not my monitor but it shows exactly what I saw when completing the game.

It must be a glitch. I noticed a few glitches in episode 3 as well.

I had that same exact glitch on my Episode 3 playthrough. Was a complete buzzkill since I enjoy looking at what my choices were vs what the majority of people's might have been. I play my Lee with a "Always fair, but willing to make tough decisions" type mentality.

leadbelly

Banned
I play my Lee with a "Always fair, but willing to make tough decisions" type mentality.

Yeah. By the time I started playing episode 3, I came to the conclusion that most of the characters are essentially just arseholes in one way or another. You kind of feel sorry for them, because of what has happened, but you realise you can't really trust any of them. You are together as a group out of mutual necessity. You stick together not because of any meaningful relationship but because it is the best chance you have for survival. You half expect Kenny to go off the rails at any moment for instance.

The only person I care about is Clementine. I actually found myself making certain choices just to please her (lol).

Davedough

Yeah. By the time I started playing episode 3, I came to the conclusion that most of the characters are essentially just arseholes in one way or another. You kind of feel sorry for them, because of what has happened, but you realise you can't really trust any of them. You are together as a group out of mutual necessity. You stick together not because of any meaningful relationship but because it is the best chance you have for survival. You half expect Kenny to go off the rails at any moment for instance.

The only person I care about is Clementine. I actually found myself making certain choices just to please her (lol).

Oh, there's absolutely no doubt the characters are all flawed, but it doesn't make some of the gritty difficult choices you have to make, and those consequences any easier to stomach. I remember in Episode 3
where the teenager you picked up in Episode 2, and the daughter of the asshole with the heart condition got in an argument and then she just up and shot Lee's potential love interested chick in the head (Sorry, not remembering names right now)
I literally had an "OH SHIT" reaction to that. I love how things like that give you the feeling of dread and that no one in your party is safe and all of your choices have weight. That to me makes the interactions with the other characters that much more dramatic.

Jintor

Fuck, i should've expected that an episode 4 announcement thread would have glaring spoilers for episode 3 in it

motherfucker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom