• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Sea salt in chocolate? What kind of sick joke is this?

It's the most godlike chocolate you can get your hands on if you ask me. Same reason dipping your fries in a Frosty is awesome.

how salty could sea salt chocolate be? there's already salt in regular chocolate, is it a straight swap or more noticeable?

It isn't ground down that far. You'll bite into tiny pieces of it inside the chocolate.

leadbelly

Banned
I actually imagine it would be good.

My favorite taste combination is sweet/salty.

I remember watching a program in Japan about soy sauce made specifically to put over ice cream. Sounded like it would be quite delicious to me.

Hmmm... Have you seen the sort of ice cream flavours they have in Japan, lissar? Stay well away. :p

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Those are just the ones they know we can handle ;p

Those are the ones you're going to find outside of specialty stories, aside from your normal chocolate and vanilla. Anything else is just someone's bizarre experiment. There are weird places in the US that do that too. I think I saw asparagus once?

Same reason dipping your fries in a Frosty is awesome.

193502_o.gif

I was fooled once, never again

Looks like the chocolate war is back on! Gird up, Team Dark Chocolate!

:O It's only the best chocolate ever. Well, there is the bacon chocolate too...

Seriously?

Chile chocolate must blow your mind.

lindt-excellence-chili.jpg

Yesssssssss...!

071Hu.jpg

Just like heaven.

Nice pick.

It's the most godlike chocolate you can get your hands on if you ask me. Same reason dipping your fries in a Frosty is awesome.

It isn't ground down that far. You'll bite into tiny pieces of it inside the chocolate.

Wallach has the right of it. ^_^

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Probably not no. They're intentionally weird.

But still.... Soy Sauce. Not so sure about.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2009/09/the_10_weirdest_ice_cream_flav.php

7. The Mash Cone
Leave it to the British to cook up a concoction made from sausage, mashed potato, gravy, and peas, stuffed in an ice cream cone. A company called Aunt Bessie's dishes out the mash cone, which is surprisingly good, according to the UK Metro.

3. Haggis (Sheep Intestines)
Served up at Morelli's, a shop inside the Harrod's Food Hall in London, this ice cream comes complete with haggis, aka sheep innards sealed up like a sausage. Don't worry, though. The intestines are blended throughout the ice cream -- you won't encounter any chunks. Feel better?

I rest my case.

I think the soy sauce they make for it is sweeter than normal. It's not like you're putting any old sauce over it.

leadbelly

Banned
:O It's only the best chocolate ever. Well, there is the bacon chocolate too...

Patently false! The best chocolate ever is Galaxy Caramel.

soooooooo goooooooood!

I was also addicted to these at one point

Frys-Cream-Medium.jpg

If only you could try it H.Pro. You would realise exactly what you have been missing all these years.

Malvolio

Just got done having a sea salt caramel after my espresso. I swear there is no better taste combo in the world and having it after an espresso makes it godly. Complete bliss.

leadbelly

Banned
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2009/09/the_10_weirdest_ice_cream_flav.php

I rest my case.

I think the soy sauce they make for it is sweeter than normal. It's not like you're putting any old sauce over it.

Neither of those things are actually ice cream though. :p

Having said that, we do have Heston Blumenthal. He is famous for coming up with some of the weirdest concoctions known to man. He is responsible for such delights as 'snail porridge'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal

Edit: Okay the haggis is ice cream. the other isn't though

One of my favorite chocolate-based desserts prominently features sea salt:

ib01w0ATf0HZPf.jpg

The "Egg": milk chocolate pot de crème, caramel sauce, caramel custard foam (shot through a pressurized gas canister), a few drops of maple syrup and a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt, all layered in a hollowed-out eggshell.

Godspeed, Michael Laiskonis.

Wallach

Just got done having a sea salt caramel after my espresso. I swear there is no better taste combo in the world and having it after an espresso makes it godly. Complete bliss.

At Starbucks for a while they had sea salt caramel macchiatos. I never went back after they stopped selling them. It was over between us.

leadbelly

Banned

ib01w0ATf0HZPf.jpg

The "Egg": milk chocolate pot de crème, caramel sauce, caramel custard foam (shot through a pressurized gas canister), a few drops of maple syrup and a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt, all layered in a hollowed-out eggshell.

That sounds like a distinctly more sophisticated dessert than any have mentioned so far. Sounds like something you would get from a classy restaurant to me. :p

And I imagine it is rather nice.

Acid08

Banned

ib01w0ATf0HZPf.jpg

Again:
2WeKH.jpg

ib01w0ATf0HZPf.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNGG...! Damn you, Nex!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all. This is a great page right here :D

Man, I haven't been able to spend as much time in this thread this week as I'd like, at all. I don't mean to be neglecting you folk.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My cat keeps sitting in the kitchen and staring into the middle of the room.

I know she's a cat and all, but this is a first.

Hey all. This is a great page right here :D

Man, I haven't been able to spend as much time in this thread this week as I'd like, at all. I don't mean to be neglecting you folk.

It has been very sad without you Hawk.

I, however, could probably spend less time in this thread...

I've made that dish myself as well. Finicky but doable!

More proof that we need to have a neogaf dinner party. Both you and .la1n can cook, so we're guaranteed some good food at least. :)

What's everyone else's specialty? What would you bring to a gaf dinner party?

I can make salty-sweet lavender honey carrots/parsnips. :D

Hmmm. Tough choice. My beans or my cranberry sauce.

Beans if it was spring/summer, cranberry sauce if it was fall/winter. They ain't no ordinary beans/cranberry sauce....

edit: by that I mean they have been the highlight of just about every spread I've ever put together for a dinner party/get-together. Not that they have weed in them ;p

Acid08

Banned
More proof that we need to have a neogaf dinner party. Both you and .la1n can cook, so we're guaranteed some good food at least. :)

I'll brew and bring the beer.

Italian. Well, I make a really good tomato sauce so I just use it with a variety of pasta. I don't cook too often anymore. I really only cook for my significant other and that position is vacant at the moment.

leadbelly

Banned

I want them to speak. It would awesome if we had like a live tv show. "Cooking with lA1n".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom