• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's stuff sounds soooo good (why do I torture myself when I'm hungry like this?). Acid, can you really brew beer??? :O

I want them to speak. It would awesome if we had like a live tv show. "Cooking with lA1n".

We could totally do this. When .la1n was on before I'll bet if he'd had the mic on he could have narrated the show. Nex, you should do this too. Hell, we could all attempt a cooking show on RP TC just by taking turns. When I had cable that's all I watched anyway...

Oh and this is my speciality:

beans_on_toast430x300.jpg

You so British, LB. :)

Well that was fucking fantastic, just got back from a small screening of Zombi 2 and The Beyond. So much laughter, so much groaning, so much fucking fun.

EDIT: Also I can cook some awesome wedges. Though that's ridiculously easy. But shh.

I am good at making taquitos

VkkVS.jpg

I sometimes get crazy with the ingredients (egg yolk instead of salsa was one of my more interesting combinations) but for a GAF dinner party I'd probably keep it simple.

leadbelly

Banned
We could totally do this. When .la1n was on before I'll bet if he'd had the mic on he could have narrated the show. Nex, you should do this too. Hell, we could all attempt a cooking show on RP TC just by taking turns. When I had cable that's all I watched anyway...

Yeah. I can show you how to make beans on toast.

We should do like Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations show and film ourselves eating awesome stuff in our towns.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It has been very sad without you Hawk.

I, however, could probably spend less time in this thread...
No you can't ever leave.
Make sure you don't miss out on Medieval March!
What's this now?
What's everyone else's specialty? What would you bring to a gaf dinner party?

I can make salty-sweet lavender honey carrots/parsnips. :D
I guess probably a phyllo dough baked brie. I cut it in half and put a middle layer of pistachios and jam and goodies, so it's kind of "stuffed."

From the IronGAF thread...

Seared veal rib chops deglazed with cognac, dijon mustard, and crème fraîche, topped with morel mushrooms:
eFZRE.jpg

The dog trying to steal food:
zGCuT.jpg

We should do like Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations show and film ourselves eating awesome stuff in our towns.

That would be fun! ...But don't have a mobile camera. Be hard to do things live. Cooking in the kitchen is doable, though.

You people with your sea salt, you don't know what's good for you!

Yeah. I can show you how to make beans on toast.

So your segment will be...short. :D And, sea salt for the win!

I have before and it turned out really good!

Wow! I really want to try home brewed beer!

I guess probably a phyllo dough baked brie. I cut it in half and put a middle layer of pistachios and jam and goodies, so it's kind of "stuffed."

Oasis covers.

I'm hardly a gourmet, but.....

GREEK SALAD

From the IronGAF thread...

Seared veal rib chops deglazed with cognac, dijon mustard, and crème fraîche, topped with morel mushrooms:
http://i.imgur.com/eFZRE.jpg[IMG]

[B]The dog trying to steal food:[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zGCuT.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="ShockingAlberto, post: 34793583"]I am good at making taquitos

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VkkVS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="RobotNinjaHornets, post: 34793578"]
EDIT: Also I can cook some awesome wedges. Though that's ridiculously easy. But shh.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Wallach, post: 34793867"]My specialty is biscuits and gravy. Fancy food can stay free.[/QUOTE]

So much delicious torture! And damn you, Nex! ;_; It all looks/sounds amazing...

All right, gotta collect votes.

Beans: homemade baked beans with big hunks of bacon and my own hot bbq sauce. Slow cooked on the grill. Has a smoky/spicy flavor.

Cranberry sauce: homemade, naturally, none of that canned shit. Sweetened just a tad, granny smith apple chunks and orange peel mixed in. I have served this to plenty of cranberry sauce haters and they all came away smitten.

I rarely get comments on my main courses :( but these two always do very, very well. What to make, gaf?

I have a bbq'd dry rub rib recipe that would blow minds

Beans it is. Dave and I are manning the bbq.

Davedough

Beans: homemade baked beans with big hunks of bacon and my own hot bbq sauce. Slow cooked on the grill. Has a smoky/spicy flavor.

Cranberry sauce: homemade, naturally, none of that canned shit. Sweetened just a tad, granny smith apple chunks and orange peel mixed in. I have served this to plenty of cranberry sauce haters and they all came away smitten.

I rarely get comments on my main courses :( but these two always do very, very well. What to make, gaf?
The magical fruit. Beans

But I don't know how to cook! Maybe I can go with a cooking with dog video and you guys can be my guinea pigs. Yaki Gyoza looks simple enough: http://youtu.be/r8MBX-SXnmg

It'll do!

I'll bake brownies

If you make the Guinness brownies then you will be forever loved.

I have a bbq'd dry rub rib recipe that would blow minds

There is no good emoticon for drooling.

Beans it is. Dave and I are manning the bbq.

Beans (bacon!)! Actually, just make both. They both sound too good to pass on.

leadbelly

Banned
Just noticed girl-GAF got moved to community as well. I wonder if all those types of threads are going to be moved.

Aus-GAF
UK-GAF
Black culture-GAf

Davedough

Just noticed girl-GAF got moved to community as well. I wonder if all those types of threads are going to be moved.

Aus-GAF
UK-GAF
Black culture-GAf
GAF is not allowed to portray any good will or comradery so when one such occurrence arises, it gets locked in the dungeon

Aus-GAF
UK-GAF
Black culture-GAf

Doubt it. We got kicked back to try and keep the creepers/idiots from the temptation of posting more handjob advice in the thread. I don't like it, but not sure what else the mods can do. They keep an eye on it pretty well and address anything undesired in there. But still... :/

Davedough

Doubt it. We got kicked back to try and keep the creepers/idiots from the temptation of posting more handjob advice in the thread. I don't like it, but not sure what else the mods can do. They keep an eye on it pretty well and address pretty much anything undesired in there. Still... :/
Let the record show that I have always been respectful of girl-GAF thread and never once have I posted anything inappropriate.

Carry on.

RawPower

Banned
Doubt it. We got kicked back to try and keep the creepers/idiots from the temptation of posting more handjob advice in the thread. I don't like it, but not sure what else the mods can do. They keep an eye on it pretty well and address anything undesired in there. But still... :/

This brings back memories of when I would deliberately put up a female avatar just to read all the perverted messages. Good times.

I'm not a problem there, am I?

leadbelly

Banned

It's only a matter of time until they figure out where it has been moved though.

Acid08

Banned

....people actually did that? How many bans have their been in that thread?

Oh yeah and I can make some darn good empanadas. Was taught by the best, my sassy Puerto Rican grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom