• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old band mostly covered the Cure and Depeche. Good times. I was mostly a solo artist (piano/keyboard), but I had a few bits on one of their albums of new material.

Can't really play anymore, though. Easily in my top 3 saddest losses since becoming disabled.

edit: mostly not just once, but twice on one line? Time to turn in my writer card.

RawPower

Banned
It was much easier to do covers than our originals. I got so into it (screaming, that is) that I started coughing up water. We never played a show. Ouch!

Awwww.... I just got a food care package from my sister at the office! From the contents you would think she believes I only eat cereal for 3 meals a day or something... <_< >_>

PaFQPl.jpg

Actually, looking over some Blue Mage images... are you SURE you don't want a mask and a cape? :O

It's not that I didn't want a mask and cape. I just wanted to have choices since the FF11 Blue Mages look kiiiinda bad. I like the look of the Tactics Advance versions, but I also like capes. Hmmmmm...

Davedough

first you're all paint people and now you're doing roleplaying builds?

all of a sudden i feel left out :(

Hey... we're a collection of, what I would bet, similar minded horrible procrastinators. An idea was sparked and we're all interested in getting something rolling for a big even next month with copious planning. Dont steal our thunder and get that blasted T out of here unless it's adorning your Paint avatar. =P

Puddles

Banned
My old band mostly covered the Cure and Depeche. Good times. I was mostly a solo artist (piano/keyboard), but I had a few bits on one of their albums of new material.

Nice!

I tried to get my band to cover A Letter to Elise so that I could play the guitar solo, but they weren't feeling it. Too bad. One of my favorite solos ever. :(

Had that worked, I would have also pushed for Bloodflowers in order to play this.

Robert Smith :bow

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's not that I didn't want a mask and cape. I just wanted to have choices since the FF11 Blue Mages look kiiiinda bad. I like the look of the Tactics Advance versions, but I also like capes. Hmmmmm...

I can do a mix :O I mean really, as long as it's blue...

Ha! Actually, I convert friends to enemies with my oratory.

...You'll play on the other team, then, working for us from the inside.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Heh... heh...

Don't drag me into this nonsense!

Toooooooo laaaaaaate.

Blue Mages only have distinct looks in FF5 and FF11 (it's either Enemy Skill Materia or a regular abiliity on a character with no distinctive attire in the other games where Blue Magic is available). I'd rather not have to choose from those two. :|

EDIT: Forgot that Tactics Advance 1 and 2 had BM as a job class. Never mind, then!

tcUij.jpg

Oh? I picked that for you because you want to be a VA. You can't sing?

Hmm, I don't know. I mean, I know I'm a mage of some sort, but I don't know if earth magics necessarily fit me.

You kind of are :D

But don't worry, before long you can change your class to anything you want!

Quina!

:D

I can just see you with plants doing your bidding. :)

marrec

Banned
Two things:

Pittsburgh traffic sucks between the hours of 4 and 6.

The only reason I have a job is because of bureaucratic messes, so to ensure that I continue to have a job I will try my hardest to increase bureaucracy.

DOWN WITH EFFICIENCY!

Now I have to go get Pizza.

ok ok, i submit

Here's a pic i was intending on posting anyway. I got some new glasses! Also, a hair cut

2fjRy.jpg

Tence me up, Scotty

Also, I'm calling fighter because I struck fear in the heart of H.Pro and she backed down (smartly)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hey... we're a collection of, what I would bet, similar minded horrible procrastinators. An idea was sparked and we're all interested in getting something rolling for a big even next month with copious planning. Dont steal our thunder and get that blasted T out of here unless it's adorning your Paint avatar. =P

Be nice! We welcome everyone, painted or not :D

I can just see you with plants doing your bidding. :)

I kind of have... well not a black thumb, maybe a brown thumb? I don't kill plants but they aren't all that healthy either ._.

ok ok, i submit

Here's a pic i was intending on posting anyway. I got some new glasses! Also, a hair cut

Tence me up, Scotty

Also, I'm calling fighter because I struck fear in the heart of H.Pro and she backed down (smartly)

Better to PM him, since I'm pretty sure he's asleep right now. Don't want him to miss it!

I can do a mix :O I mean really, as long as it's blue...
Now I am intrigued. I still have to PM you my pic, which I conveniently still have saved. Now to find it...
Oh? I picked that for you because you want to be a VA. You can't sing?
Ohhhhhhhhhh. My reaction was because I never liked the Bard class. As for my singing talents, they were mostly relegated to when my friends wanted to play Rock Band. The only other person who wanted to sing was terrible at it, and I was constantly blowing people away. Of course, thanks to playing Rock Band with my friends, I can no longer hear "Go With The Flow" without bursting into laughter.

Davedough

ok ok, i submit

http://i.imgur.com/2fjRy.jpg?6406[IMG]

Tence me up, Scotty

Also, I'm calling fighter because I struck fear in the heart of H.Pro and she backed down (smartly)[/QUOTE]

I would submit that to Tence via PM to ask for a MSPainted version. I think its past his normal sign off time and he might not see that with the rate that this thread is going.

Have any of you played Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on DS? I kinda feel like playing a tactical RPG now.

Awwww.... I just got a food care package from my sister at the office! From the contents you would think she believes I only eat cereal for 3 meals a day or something... <_< >_>

http://i.imgur.com/PaFQPl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

She knows you need carbs to go with your alcohol.

I now realize im spending a lot of time looking around community because of this thread. I wanna post in the girl thread but it seems like its being tainted too much by guys already!

Also, doing all browsing from my phone feels like desperation or something....im at work but haven't clocked in yet. I need my realpic fix *shakes uncontrollably*

Has any of you played Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on DS? I kinda feel like playing a tactical RPG now.

Only a couple of hours, but I liked what I saw. The story sucks, even for a Final Fantasy game, but the gameplay is much improved over FFTA, though still not quite as good as the original. What is?

I plan to go back to it, just keeps slipping off my radar. I just started Tactics Ogre: LUCT and it is fucking awesome.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Have any of you played Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on DS? I kinda feel like playing a tactical RPG now.

One of these days I'll buy it. Probably whenever I'm in Japan next and can get it for <$10

I now realize im spending a lot of time looking around community because of this thread. I wanna post in the girl thread but it seems like its being tainted too much by guys already!

Like we've said before we don't mind at all! As long as you're respectful, stay on topic, and keep the advice asking to the advice thread.

I kind of have... well not a black thumb, maybe a brown thumb? I don't kill plants but they aren't all that healthy either ._.

I'm the same... (though more in the blackest of black range) I'm surprised the cat has made it this long.

Now I am intrigued. I still have to PM you my pic, which I conveniently still have saved. Now to find it...

Ohhhhhhhhhh. My reaction was because I never liked the Bard class. As for my singing talents, they were mostly relegated to when my friends wanted to play Rock Band. The only other person who wanted to sing was terrible at it, and I was constantly blowing people away. Of course, thanks to playing Rock Band with my friends, I can no longer hear "Go With The Flow" without bursting into laughter.

Cool. We'll have to hear you on TC one of these days. Singing ability is a big plus for VAs. ^_^

Dream slayer ;_;

My job here is done.

She knows you need carbs to go with your alcohol.

ALL I eat are carbs (lately). Not a lone vegetable in the package either. At least I don't have to go shopping for another week again! :D

It's a good time sink and no where near as hard as the original. It's worth checking out.

I think I dropped about 40 hours into it when I inexplicably stopped. There was still a lot to go.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
AAAAAAAH, I wanna stow away in your suitcase. Japan is the dream destination of any nerd.

I've already spent way too much time there. It's a nice place, although I don't know if it's all that. Certainly not a nerd haven. But I like it.

Acid08

Banned
I'm down with being a priest. I'm imagining something like this guy:
wolfwood45.jpg

except with super sexy magic instead of guns.

Also what's the best way to tell your employer they're full of shit while still remaining professional? My manager changed my schedule this week and because of where she changed it I can no longer attend my coworkers memorial on Saturday. I'm incredibly sad about this, I told them that I was planning on going because we had a really good friendship and even hung out outside of work. This is such fucking garbage, I just feel like telling them to go fuck themselves.

SRG01

I just realized that I can't recognize any of you without your Real Pic avatars :(

Anyway, I think I'll be a Mathematician.

Puddles

Banned
Only a couple of hours, but I liked what I saw. The story sucks, even for a Final Fantasy game, but the gameplay is much improved over FFTA, though still not quite as good as the original. What is?

I plan to go back to it, just keeps slipping off my radar. I just started Tactics Ogre: LUCT and it is fucking awesome.

Forgot to ask you, echoshifting: which Cure songs did you guys cover?

Forgot to ask you, echoshifting: which Cure songs did you guys cover?

Oh man...this was like fifteen years ago, bear with me here. Boys Don't Cry, Just Like Heaven, Lullaby, Lovesong (personal favorite to cover, soooo much fun to play the keyboard parts), Friday I'm in Love, Fascination Street (another fave), The Kiss (though I can't even remember if there was a kb part or not, heh)...I think that's it?

To be honest I wasn't even a fan until my friend shoved some sheet music and CDs into my hands and told me to learn them.

Puddles

Banned
Oh man...this was like fifteen years ago, bear with me here. Boys Don't Cry, Just Like Heaven, Lullaby, Lovesong (personal favorite to cover, soooo much fun to play the keyboard parts), Friday I'm in Love, Fascination Street (another fave), The Kiss (though I can't even remember if there was a kb part or not, heh)...I think that's it?

To be honest I wasn't even a fan until my friend shoved some sheet music and CDs into my hands and told me to learn them.

Awesome. I love all of those songs. Robert Smith is such a boss, and the whole band is just really solid instrumentally. I've seen them twice, for a total of about six hours of music. More bands need to play massive setlists like that.

Fascination Street has such epic bass.

Awesome. I love all of those songs. Robert Smith is such a boss, and the whole band is just really solid instrumentally. I've seen them twice, for a total of about six hours of music. More bands need to play massive setlists like that.

Fascination Street has such epic bass.

Yep, that stack of cds and sheet music definitely got my attention. Been a fan ever since.

Sometimes during practice, when Lovesong hit its spontaneous end I would just keep going, I was so into it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I actually imagine it would be good.

My favorite taste combination is sweet/salty.

I remember watching a program in Japan about soy sauce made specifically to put over ice cream. Sounded like it would be quite delicious to me.

chili chocolate is beast

how salty could sea salt chocolate be? there's already salt in regular chocolate, is it a straight swap or more noticeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom