• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
> > I was doing a metal pose. D:

> It's the expression on your face that doesn't quite work with that...

> I mean it's a :/ face.

Don't worry, Lissar! WE WILL TOTALLY GIVE HIM A MORE METAL FACE FOR YOU!

edit: Wait, ia1n (or however the heck it's spelled!) left? Aargh, we were going to use fire for the cauterization, now we're doomed! Okay, RP, it'll just hurt a little more, and we'll have to find some crazy glue somewhere.

........How many pages did you skim through just to retrieve all of that?

I used to wear this

jn9cZ.jpg

Until it started turning my finger green :eek:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Are we talking about nerdy jewelry now?

I submit the Amano Engagement Ring

:O now I want this one too.

Too bad it's not actually buyable. Cause I would buy them all.

Then you wouldn't get any.

Have you seen the gear ring?

http://www.kinektdesign.com/product-gear-ring.php

It's on my list right now.

WAIT!

I can buy it.

*buys all of it*

Yeah, I went to the product page. Buyable but not as pictured! Which is super disappointing. That other ring is really cool, though I'm not sure I'm too into the look of it.

That is terribly creepy!

...what other things do you have written?

I swear I had photographic evidence of an alien conspiracy which was discussed about a month ago, but my Evidence Room was ransacked!

...wait, what happened to the "[BREAKING] Girl-GAF user's secret extraterrestrial plot revealed" thread? I posted there less than a week ago! D:

edit: also, thank you for being so punctual on your commute home every day. The camera, it loves you!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I swear I had photographic evidence of an alien conspiracy which was discussed about a month ago, but my Evidence Room was ransacked!

...wait, what happened to the "[BREAKING] Girl-GAF user's secret extraterrestrial plot revealed" thread? I posted there less than a week ago! D:

edit: also, thank you for being so punctual on your commute home every day. The camera, it loves you!

...meowrrr?

Oh fuck that reminds me

I had the best idea for a title, Lissar, right before I fell asleep

But now I have forgotten it D:

D: Damn you! I thought about it but nothing came to mind.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My boyfriend has a love of special edition consoles. He keeps talking today about all these ones he wants to buy. If he'd had more money he would have bought three PS3s last year.

I don't get it D:

marrec

Banned
My boyfriend has a love of special edition consoles. He keeps talking today about all these ones he wants to buy. If he'd had more money he would have bought three PS3s last year.

I don't get it D:

*lol*

I haven't bought a PS3 ever!

But again, I spend too much on designer watches which do significantly less than a PS3.

At least the resale value on a watch is great than that of a PS3.

>.>

I don't get it D:

I've only ever been tempted by the Zelda 3DS, the Tales of Vesperia PS3, and this thing

bFXgB.jpg

if not for Play-Asia's import charge, I probably would have purchased it

I don't get it D:

It's the same reason guys wait for days for the new iPhone...the need to be first in line at the midnight showing of a comic book movie...the pre-ordering of the next madden...

guys are nerds.

I've only ever been tempted by the Zelda 3DS, the Tales of Vesperia PS3, and this thing

bFXgB.jpg

if not for Play-Asia's import charge, I probably would have purchased it

LUFFY! I've been so tempted to buy their flag for the longest time and put it on my car like a lakers flag.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Naw, you do the same thing with Final Fantasy stuff and you know it 0:)

Just because I have three copies of about half the mainline games means nothing.

... nothing :<

Besides, I got most of them for like, $10? I'm cheap.

edit: Also, I never buy a copy of anything that does essentially the same thing, even if it has a different cover!! So they are all different languages or platforms :O

My one "multiple copies" vice is Metal Gear Solid 3

One copy of vanilla
One SE copy of Subsistence
One copy with MGS Trilogy
One copy with MGS HD Collection PS3

Probably getting soon:

MGS HD Collection 360
MGS HD Collection Vita
MGS3 3DS

Karkador

Banned

One copy of vanilla

Probably getting soon:

MGS HD Collection 360
MGS HD Collection Vita
MGS3 3DS

Why would you do this? I'm an MGS fan, too, but I only hang on to the best version (though I don't have the HD Collection yet). Crazy!

I think the only thing I have like this is the Japanese and US versions of Tron Bonne for PS1.

Why would you do this? I'm an MGS fan, too, but I only hang on to the best version (though I don't have the HD Collection yet). Crazy!

I think the only thing I have like this is the Japanese and US versions of Tron Bonne for PS1.

I'm not even really an MGS fan. I hated 4, disliked Portable Ops, wasn't crazy about 2, was okay with 1, and never got past literally the first guard in Peace Walker.

But MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time and seriously challenged my idea of what video games could be. for me, it is to gaming what The Great Gatsby is to literature.

*motions over to stack of worn out paperback copies of Great Gatsby*

Maybe HP is like me and thinks it's foolish to spend a lot of money on an engagement ring :O

Also, the only nerdy ring I've ever had was an Utena duelists ring. It also turned my finger green...

Yup. Simple and clean is best, or totally nerdy is even better. I remember seeing somewhere a couple that got plain, thin bands of white gold with a single tiny sapphire in one and a ruby in the other to mimic the portal drones. Totally adorable. I also totally <3 that Portal ring too (DO WANT). I have a companion cube at my desk and it is my special 'awake' friend. :D

Nah I meant more like I really don't expect much. I like thoughtful gifts, not necessarily things that have to cost a ton of money. On my end. I would imagine that if (when?) I get married my spouse would probably have a similar mindset.

dat price tag :|

Thoughtful beats out expensive any day. Silly money-people.

165 wouldn't be the most I've spent on a ring. Hell I usually spend more on watches, so it's very reasonable.

I have trouble spending more than $30 on necessary things like shoes. :O Though I guess I do throw down money on good food and drink no problem (spent $200+ on a dinner before)

I'm just sitting here waiting for my copy of Resident Evil to arrive so I can play it and talk about it before I record tonight.

I'm also seriously hoping I got one of the "Revelaitons" spines because that would be fantastic.

marrec

Banned

One copy of vanilla

Probably getting soon:

MGS HD Collection 360
MGS HD Collection Vita
MGS3 3DS

So far my only vice of that sort is Persona 3, but that's pretty easy cause it's just:

Persona 3

Persona 3:FES

P3P

I may extend this obsession out further to other SMT games, but that would be madness.

Quick Edit:

It is slightly unusual that I beat it each time I bought it though, especially as the Persona 3 gameplay isn't exactly replay friendly.

Davedough

I'm just sitting here waiting for my copy of Resident Evil to arrive so I can play it and talk about it before I record tonight.

I'm also seriously hoping I got one of the "Revelaitons" spines because that would be fantastic.

If its anything like the Revelations in Assassin's Creed, then prepare for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom