• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
Actually I'm not sure if AC3 comes out on the 20th for PC. It is not advertised on steam yet. You'd think it would be by now if it is releasing next Tuesday.

Lol, tell us the story!

Well, it all started when he was taking a poll around the store about whether he should get circumcised for his 18th birthday. Against all advice he decided he would anyway. Fast forward about half an hour and he's taking about 'the wrongs of mixing blood' and how its shitty that mien kampf is illegal.

I kinda miss that guy. At least he was amusing.

Chuckie

Hey, you're back!

Also, Mein Kampf is illegal? I thought it just showcased how much of a loon Hitler was.

It is in some countries. In Holland it is for instance not illegal to own it, nor for a library to own it however the government has the right to republish (the Dutch version) and simply doesn't. I think this is also the case in Germany. I think the Bavarian government has all rights to republish (and also doesn't)

Edit: Also what was your old name?

leadbelly

Banned
Godamnit. I'm friends with a sexist person at work.

Well, the context in which people say things is always important, as Tence was pointing out. Although, I generally don't make sexist jokes. If he is genuinely sexist, then I imagine the conversation with him must be a little uncomfortable. I have had similar conversations with someone in the past, well, basically them just telling me how things are, and me pretending to listen. lol

Hey, you're back!

Also, Mein Kampf is illegal? I thought it just showcased how much of a loon Hitler was.

I was watching a good documentary about Hitler the other night. It is was about Hitler's charisma. How he was able to put the whole nation under his spell. It is a subject that has always fascinated me really.

In his earlier years people described Hitler as being a very strange man. He was also seen as a very angry man for whatever reason. The strange thing was, he never really changed all that much, it was Germany that changed. The stock market crash of 1929 in the US had a huge affect on the German economy. This brought with it a lot of fears and prejudices. Of course Hitler simply tapped into that. He was basically telling the public what they wanted to hear.

This is the documentary if anyone is interested. You can't watch it on there unless you're in the UK though. well, you could if you used software to mask your identity. Other than that, you may find it on youtube, or other places. It is the first episode of a three-part series.

.la1n

Whoever got me, know this:

Wu-Tang is here forever.

Kung fu movies are the best.

And .lain, I think you're probably an awesome gift giver :)

I am normally a really good gift giver but this shall require some thought.

image.php

leadbelly

Banned
Also, Hitler wasn't at all concerned with economics, that was all Hjalmar Schacht's doing.

Are you referring to what I said?

The economic collapse just made the people much more receptive to Hitler and the Nazi Party. It's not really about whether Hitler was concerned with economics or not (although at that moment in time it was a big issue) it is more about that particular climate allowing Hitler to gain popularity.

I watched the documentary. :p

Tried out L4D2 with some friends tonight, the people vs. zombies mode. Was very fun, but the teams weren't split very evenly. Then these randoms somehow join and spend the whole time complaining "ugh look at these people... 7 hours... 2 hours... this isn't worth it" (and then continued to play/complain for the rest of the game). Thing is though, there used to be a way to get it uncensored here, but it didn't count as play time. Still annoyed the hell out of me, since who even checks that mid game?! Sadly I forgot which button voice chat was :(

Anyway, lets all play sometime!

Heh.

Are you referring to what I said?

The economic collapse just made the people much more receptive to Hitler and the Nazi Party. It's not really about whether Hitler was concerned with economics or not (although at that moment it time it was a big issue) it is more about that particular climate allowing Hitler to gain popularity.

I watched the documentary. :p

I was just throwing a random fact. Will watch the doc later.

I haven't played much L4D2 so I'm up for it.

Jintor

Tried out L4D2 with some friends tonight, the people vs. zombies mode. Was very fun, but the teams weren't split very evenly. Then these randoms somehow join and spend the whole time complaining "ugh look at these people... 7 hours... 2 hours... this isn't worth it" (and then continued to play/complain for the rest of the game). Thing is though, there used to be a way to get it uncensored here, but it didn't count as play time. Still annoyed the hell out of me, since who even checks that mid game?! Sadly I forgot which button voice chat was :(

Anyway, lets all play sometime!

Heh.

I used to have really great versus mode games with PCPP folks...

.la1n

L4D2 never really clicked with me like the original but that's probably because I got into the original pretty close to the launch of 2. Also Melee weapons ruined it.

I'd join in the L4D2 fun but my current laptop is so terrible it overheats while playing fucking Baldur's Gate 2.

lol, the fans probably broken. I used to get the same problem. Lol time? better turn on my air con.

L4D2 never really clicked with me like the original but that's probably because I got into the original pretty close to the launch of 2. Also Melee weapons ruined it.

Nah, melee weapons are great! Trying to make it through a level with just the frying pan is fun times.

Its okay, I accidentally made friends with a Russian neo-nazi at work.

How do you know he is sexist? Does he make sexist jokes? Because I think almost everybody does that (well at least at my work)

He has said that he thinks people of the female persuasion are less intelligent than men, because he's friends with idiots. I've told him why this is fucking moronic, but oh well.

EDIT: Also L4D2 party times sounds fun

leadbelly

Banned
Nah, fans are fine. My laptop just isn't up to snuff. :(

The big 'puter in the living room would run L4D without any problems but it's the family's so...

My fans are fine and my laptop is up to snuff. I would rather play the game on my desktop PC though. My laptop is a good few years old now, but I have had no real problems with it in terms of overheating. It's been really good in that respect. It's a Dell as well. lol

XPS.

EVOL 100%

My fans are fine and my laptop is up to snuff. I would rather play the game on my desktop PC though. My laptop is a good few years old now, but I have had no real problems with it in terms of overheating. It's been really good in that respect. It's a Dell as well. lol

XPS.

Mine is a 5 year old Thinkpad. Not exactly ideal for gaming :(

Speaking of BG2, I swear this game never gets old. I can't even remember how many times I beat it and I still come back for more. Overheating can't stop me from playing it.

It's awesome. He's like a character from the Muppets in the beginning. Stealing food and shit haha.

The best bit is when he's looking through the box thing

"Ooooh! NOOO! Aaww :C" *starts just throwing stuff over his shoulder* :lol

EDIT: Just checked what version of Return I have. It's before the 1997 version! Yaaaaay. Was that the first time Lucas did any invasive edits?

Top Bottom