• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
To be fair, the white levels in that are very high, I could see how it could be mistaken for blonde.

Exactly.

Looking at it closely though, you can kind of see her natural hair below it. Particularly in the second picture. I didn't really muse over it at the time though. I just remembered that picture, that's all. I knew it was a Halloween picture, but the picture lissar shown wasn't it.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble honest. lol

Exactly.

Looking at it closely though, you can kind of see her natural hair below it. Particularly in the second picture. I didn't really muse over it at the time though. I just remembered that picture, that's all. I knew it was a Halloween picture, but the picture lissar shown wasn't it.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble honest. lol

Godamnit, this is the second time in this thread, already. GAWD.

hmm, maybe the lesson here is when some one says nope and let's not , it's probably best to drop it because they probably know what they are talking about when it has to do with themselves, or maybe didn't want a pic brought up again, or a number of reasonable reasons for one to drop things when told "nope" and "let's not".

leadbelly

Banned
hmm, maybe the lesson here is when some one says nope and let's not , it's probably best to drop it because they probably know what they are talking about when it has to do with themselves, or maybe didn't want a pic brought up again, or a number of reasonable reasons for one to drop things when told "nope" and "let's not".

Please!

Did it look like there was any malice whatsoever in my actions? I simply mentioned a picture I remembered of lissar in which she appeared to have white hair. The picture she shown wasn't it.

The picture I was referring to was posted on a public forum, that could have been potentially seen by thousands of people. Why on earth would I think someone would be offended by me posting it in here?

You're welcome!

look , you may not have had malice, but i'm sure you throughly annoyed Lissar when you didn't stop, I wasn't speaking specifically to this case, but not everyone is too ok with someone playing Internet detective over everything especially after you've already told them no.

But dude, you need to like listen or something and then maybe you can stop making yourself such a victim and missing the point of like everything.

leadbelly

Banned
leadbelly
Mr Drama

lol

Sigh!

Completely unintentionally cause drama. :p

You're welcome!

look , you may not have had malice, but i'm sure you throughly annoyed Lissar when you didn't stop, I wasn't speaking specifically to this case, but not everyone is too ok with someone playing Internet detective over everything especially after you've already told them no.

But dude, you need to like listen or something and then maybe you can stop making yourself such a victim and missing the point of like everything.

I was doing it jokingly. It was playful. By not stopping, you mean I was stating that wasn't the picture I had in my mind. She shown a picture, it wasn't the picture. I simply searched for the picture I had in my mind. It was posted on an internet forum for ALL to see. If you post something for all to see, one might assume they are okay with people seeing it.

I'm not going on about it anymore though because this is silly. I've made my point.

leadbelly

Banned
Ok, enough of that then, olympic point missing as usual. Back to regular business.

Then why put that in there? I read you point, and explained my point.

All I said was that is not the picture I had in my mind and posted the picture. I made the point that the picture was posted on a public forum. It's not like I have sinisterly searched through lissar's private photos. And my posts were playful not serious. My god!

If lissar was offended I apologise, but please understand that my ability to sense this on a public forum is beyond me.

That's enough GAF for me for one night. lol

Davedough

From an outsider point of view because I've been watching football most of the day and not partaking in the thread, but I just think its a simple matter of she asked not to and that wasn't adhered to. Regardless of the fact that it was publicly displayed once before, the semantics dont matter so long as she'd said that she'd rather you not find her picture.... but thats just my point of view, what do I know? I'm just enjoying my Wheatley's cereal.

3)Then why put that in there? I read you point, and explained my point.

All I said was that is not the picture I had in my mind and posted the picture. I made the point that the picture was posted on a public forum. It's not like 1)I have sinisterly searched through lissar's private photos. And my posts were playful not serious. My god!

2)If lissar was offended I apologise, but please understand that my ability to sense this on a public forum is beyond me.

That's enough GAF for me for one night. lol

Point 1: It wasn't about your intentions
Point 2: She explicitly told you not to, it was right before you posted it. the chain of posts explicitly went :
You: I've seen another pic of your as blonde for halloween
Lissar: nope
You: i'm sure i have
Lissar: nope, you havent
You: I have! let me go look for it!
Lissar: let's not
You: posts (wrong) pic anyway

Point 3: This is entirely the problem of every one of your posts, you look at someones post, dismiss what they said and then repeat what you say as if you had never even read it or even care to acknowledge it. yes, we got your point you were just joking and being innocent, but that doesn't make everything suddenly ok or people actions overreactions or you any less irritating .

But I digress, enough with conversing with you.

leadbelly

Banned
From an outsider point of view because I've been watching football most of the day and not partaking in the thread, but I just think its a simple matter of she asked not to and that wasn't adhered to. Regardless of the fact that it was publicly displayed once before, the semantics dont matter so long as she'd said that she'd rather you not find her picture.... but thats just my point of view, what do I know? I'm just enjoying my Wheatley's cereal.

Dave. Maybe I never actually read that post at first because I was busy looking for a picture that I said I was searching for. And besides, when I did read it, I interpreted it as meaning I won't find it, as she stated it didn't exist.

It's an internet forum. As I said, to sense when someone is genuinely offended is very difficult. Read through those posts again. Does it really seem that offensive? Honestly?

I personally would like to volunteer to be in this podcast if possible after beef. I'm an unknown and it would be a nice change since you've had well known people on it.

Davedough

Dave. Maybe I never actually read that post at first because I was busy looking for a picture that I said I was searching for. And besides, when I did read it, I interpreted it as meaning I won't find it, as she stated it didn't exist.

It's an internet forum. As I said, to sense when someone is genuinely offended is very difficult. Read through those posts again. Does it really seem that offensive? Honestly?

I'm not jumping down your throat, so don't jump down mine. I was making a casual observation after having gone back and read the posts.

leadbelly

Banned
Point 1: It wasn't about your intentions
Point 2: She explicitly told you not to, it was right before you posted it. the chain of posts explicitly went :
You: I've seen another pic of your as blonde for halloween
Lissar: nope
You: i'm sure i have
Lissar: nope, you havent
You: I have! let me go look for it!
Lissar: let's not
You: posts (wrong) pic anyway

Point 3: This is entirely the problem of every one of your posts, you look at someones post, dismiss what they said and then repeat what you say as if you had never even read it or even care to acknowledge it. yes, we got your point you were just joking and being innocent, but that doesn't make everything suddenly ok or people actions overreactions or you any less irritating .

I'm not dismissing anything. I stated that wasn't the picture I was talking about, and decided to find it myself. The one post in which she says not to "how about not" for one I didn't see at first, and two, I never interpreted it as explicitly don't search for a picture. I interpreted it as meaning it doesn't exist. As that is what she had already said in eveyr other post.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm not jumping down your throat, so don't jump down mine. I was making a casual observation after having gone back and read the posts.

Again, remember this is an internet forum.. It is very difficult to understand the context in which people are saying things. I am not jumping down your throat. That would imply I am responding to you aggressively. I was merely stating, I never really understood she didn't want me to search for it. If I knew that for sure, I wouldn't have.

leadbelly

Banned
Anyway I'm going to bed. Lissar I apologise,

Just to clear something up, as this seems to be the issue people have.

Right! I'm going to find that picture just to prove you wrong. :p

Lissar replied "How about not"

I interpreted that as I wouldn't prove her wrong. It was never clear in my mind she explicitly didn't want me to search for it. I never understood it would offend her as it was a picture she already posted. It's an internet forum, it's not easy to understand what people really mean sometimes.

Davedough

How come?

image.php

Jintor

Turns out I was a bit more than 'huggy'. Awww man this is so embarrassing. I think I'll go bury my head in the sand.

hawt. *leers inappropriately*

Seriously though... it's alcohol. Drink some water now and again and you'll be good. I try and make it policy not to be embarrassed by shit I do while drunk, or, if I'm going to do embarassing shit, at least make sure everyone around me is at least as drunk as I am.

Top Bottom