• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*not to be left out*

シャンちゃん〜 日本語で話そうよ〜

Jintor

I don't understand the kanji, but it's a message for shan about japanese in some form or the other

I guess I'll have to talk exclusively in 'straylan. STREWTH.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh god I am being talked about.

バカにしないでよ!

泣きますぅ。>3<

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Doitlive: 「昔一度だけ楽しいことをしてみたけど、凄く嫌だった。」って本当の事だよね。

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My history of Japanese is long. I started studying when I was 14 and self studied until I was 18 when I started taking real classes. After I turned 20 I went to Japan to study at a school there. Then I came back, did some further study at university before returning to work in Japan for several years.

Actually speaking the language is a bit hard right now since I don't get a chance to speak it very often anymore. Wish I had someone to speak with.

Jintor

How long did it take to hook into your brain where you didn't need constant practice to remember things? I have been on-off learning for around six years or so but, seriously, I leave it for half a year and I forget how to do anything but read katakana and hiirigana. I mean, it actually took a concentrated effort to get to the point where I can read hiirigana/katakana at a glance (even if I don't really know what words mean)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Honestly, I haven't had a long period of time where I don't "use it". I play a lot of Japanese games, read books, and the like. So even though I haven't actively studied for years I don't let it go to seed either.

*not to be left out*

シャンちゃん〜 日本語で話そうよ〜

ウアーーー話したいーーー!

I'm sad ;.; I missed out on a scholarship thing for 10 days in Japan. Should I blow all my savings and go anyway? I miss my friends :(

I don't understand the kanji, but it's a message for shan about japanese in some form or the other

I guess I'll have to talk exclusively in 'straylan. STREWTH.

cor!

leadbelly

Banned
*reads*

*continues scrolling*

*more posts*

lol

Yeah. I did intend to stop at that point, but I just got caught up in it, as you do. Can't help replying sometimes. :/
Turns out I was a bit more than 'huggy'. Awww man this is so embarrassing. I think I'll go bury my head in the sand.

Oh dear!

Am I interpreting that correctly, or am I reading too much into it?

You don't have to say.

stop with with your squiggly languages.

It's not real doit! I've been through this before! Only English is real.

Jintor

ウアーーー話したいーーー!

I'm sad ;.; I missed out on a scholarship thing for 10 days in Japan. Should I blow all my savings and go anyway? I miss my friends :(

cor!

話したいーーー?

えいごでなんといますか?

Oh dear!

Am I interpreting that correctly, or am I reading too much into it?

You don't have to say.

Depends on what you're reading I suppose :p Mostly just inappropriate touching and erm... some licking of fingers.

話したいーーー?

えいごでなんといますか?

"I wanna taaaaalk" !

I'm so proud of how fast your Japanese is improving Jint!

Jintor

You'll have to deconstruct the kanji for me, I don't know how to pronounce it... or what したい means... ==;;

leadbelly

Banned
Depends on what you're reading I suppose :p Mostly just inappropriate touching and erm... some licking of fingers.

I knew you was going to say that actually. :p

Licking of fingers is probably inappropriate, but it could have been worse. I wouldn't worry too much about it then Shan. Just drink less and think more about what you're doing. :p

What's a Houdini spider? I googled it and found this:

rape-spider-meme-generator-holy-fuck-e09568.jpg

You'll have to deconstruct the kanji for me, I don't know how to pronounce it... or what したい means... ==;;

the kanji 話 is はなし from はなします, which is talk. The しcomes from します, and to turn the verb into "I want to [verb]", you just take off the ますand add "たい" (and then you can put desu on the end if you wanna). tabetai (I wanna eat it), asobitai (I wanna play) etc. ^^

I knew you was going to say that actually. :p

Licking of fingers is probably inappropriate, but it could have been worse. I wouldn't worry too much about it then Shan. Just drink less and think more about what you're doing. :p

>< Yeah, I think I should cut down. It was a bar tab though! what was I supposed to do? :p My id seems to do whatever it wants to when I'm drunk, which is probably not a good thing.

Uh... goddamnit, I've forgotten all my verbs.

&#12398;&#12415;&#12383;&#12356;&#65311;

^^ yes~!

but, I don't wanna drink now ;.; &#12356;&#12414;&#12289;&#12398;&#12415;&#12383;&#12367;&#12394;&#12356;&#65281; (take off the &#12356; and add &#12367;&#12394;&#12356; for negative).

leadbelly

Banned

Surely that's just a baby compared to some of the spiders you get in Australia shan?

>< Yeah, I think I should cut down. It was a bar tab though! what was I supposed to do? :p My id seems to do whatever it wants to when I'm drunk, which is probably not a good thing.

The trick is to pace yourself. Just take your time with each beer. Don't drink them down fast and move straight on to the other one. :p

I learnt that the hard way shan, trust me. I hate it when everything starts spinning, and you come to the realisation that you are going to puke at any moment. :/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH D:

There's a balloon in the office and we're not sure where it's from and it has a cobweb in it and we were just discussing how it got in there AND THEN YOU POSTED THAT AND AAAAH D:

EDIT: Ok, between his Banjo opinions and the new Ace Attorney thread, I can't be anti-Beef anymore. I'm sorry guys but...yeah.

Jintor

^^ yes~!

but, I don't wanna drink now ;.; &#12356;&#12414;&#12289;&#12398;&#12415;&#12383;&#12367;&#12394;&#12356;&#65281; (take off the &#12356; and add &#12367;&#12394;&#12356; for negative).

&#12360;&#12392;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12360;&#12392;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12471;&#12515;&#12531;&#12385;&#12419;&#12435;&#12392;&#12398;&#12415;&#12383;&#12356;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;(I think?)

leadbelly

Banned
Actually, when I say I learnt it the hard way, it was mainly when I was kid. I remember going to a party the once and drinking way too much alcohol. Everything started spinning and I had to go outside for some fresh air. I ended up sitting against a wall puking up. This man came up to me pretending he was helping me up, but he started checking out my pockets at the same time. Basically seeing if I had anything to rob. I just pushed his hands away from me, and he punched me in the face and started kicking the shit out of me on the floor. I was only 15 years-old at the time. The guy must have been in his mid-twenties.

A grown man beating the crap out of kid.

Davedough

You might want to look in to Samurai Champloo next.

Very reasonable suggestion. Just keep in mind that it kind of loses its way halfway through because they had internal strife with the writers, but all around a solid show and possibly the best opening music since Tank! in Bebop.

Very reasonable suggestion. Just keep in mind that it kind of loses its way halfway through because they had internal strife with the writers, but all around a solid show and possibly the best opening music since Tank! in Bebop.

Fun note (don't read this is you haven't watched Samurai Champloo in its entirety since it is about the ending):
The series was originally going to end with Jin and Mugen dying, but Watanabe's staff convinced him he would be seen as a one-trick pony if he pulled a death-ending again.

Davedough

Fun note (don't read this is you haven't watched Samurai Champloo in its entirety since it is about the ending):
The series was originally going to end with Jin and Mugen dying, but Watanabe's staff convinced him he would be seen as a one-trick pony if he pulled a death-ending again.

Yeah, I'd heard that. Personally I think I would have liked that better than the one we ended up with, but I still love the show. It ranks up there with a lot of my favorite titles from anime's heyday, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Gurren Langaan, etc.

Ezalc

Yes! The two openings that ignited my current love of jazz and jazz/hip-hop music.

dralla

damn, lost power once already and the storm doesn't really start till tonight :( how am I supposed to watch my horror movie marathons on AMC

Acid08

Banned
Anyone who likes the Champloo soundtrack really needs to check out the Jazz-Hop thread in OT. So much amazing stuff.

Top Bottom