• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

zoku88

OliveJuice said:
Haha yeah, I was falco. I was thinking of whether to grab the hammer or the assist trophy. I'm glad I went for the assist trophy. I was laughing when he got attacked by the metroid and I got the easy kill. And I can't believe I ran into snake's smash. :(

Oh and I was second, not third.
O crap, I thought you were Oscar :-/ I get people mixed up. I'll fix the video.

EDIT: O, I got it rid in the video >.>

EDIT2: Yea, I was laughing when the metroid attacked him :lol :lol :lol And I can't believe you ran into either. I guess you just misjudged the distance and thus missed me with your up-A.

Firestorm, I think I am free tonight, also most of the weekend I will be able to find time to play. Let me know whats good for you.

TheCrow

Manabanana said:
:lol :lol I think the metroid is my favorite assist trophy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I completely forgot about the whole hammer vs metroid incident. Why did it have to happen to me. T_T

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
TheCrow said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I completely forgot about the whole hammer vs metroid incident. Why did it have to happen to me. T_T

I did find that amusing.

Oh, we only have four undefeated players left. That will drop to two by next week. Bwahahaha.

It's a shame the no-items tournament has prizes. I need to work on that...

Firestorm

MiamiWesker said:
Firestorm, I think I am free tonight, also most of the weekend I will be able to find time to play. Let me know whats good for you.

Same. Catch me on IRC and PM me there for easiest communication. Or just PM.

Firestorm

gg MiamiWesker.

I won the match. Two soccer ball kills ^_^
We were trying so hard to keep each other away from the smash ball it actually disappeared ._. Another came later and I wasted it because I forgot I can't use my neutral B attack when it's around.

Firestorm said:
gg MiamiWesker.

I won the match. Two soccer ball kills ^_^
We were trying so hard to keep each other away from the smash ball it actually disappeared ._. Another came later and I wasted it because I forgot I can't use my neutral B attack when it's around.

Soccer ball of death!!!

:lol

GG, that final smash was annoying, it kept moving away. Oh well I'm out, it was fun.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
DavidDayton said:
4-D
* XiaNaphryz , K.J. , 4511-0161-5640
* crowphoenix , Crow , 3480 2201 5692
Had a great match with Crow. I was up 3-1 on lives and had a final smash, but I was high in damage and he KO'ed me out. He managed to get it down to 1-1 but I was able to pull through.

When does the tourney move on to best out of 3?

XiaNaphryz said:
Had a great match with Crow. I was up 3-1 on lives and had a final smash, but I was high in damage and he KO'ed me out. He managed to get it down to 1-1 but I was able to pull through.

It was epic. Definitely an enjoyable fight.

truendo

I made the room already.

Edit: if somebody named "JonyX" tries to join just ignore him. He's one of my friends.

GG Milabrega. Just got plain outplayed. Gluck in the rest of the tourney

It was a good match though, damn Shy Guys getting in the way. We'll have to fight again though in a 1v1 with no items :D

Milabrega

Killa Sasa said:
GG Milabrega. Just got plain outplayed. Gluck in the rest of the tourney

In all honesty, you outplayed me. There wasn't one projectile/item you didn't reflect back my way. The stage hazards are what gave me the win, not how I played.

DDayton

I'm going to start posting replay files (Wii format and video files) in the stat posts, as I get them. Anyone know of a free file host for the dinky little replay files?

zoku88

DavidDayton said:
I'm going to start posting replay files (Wii format and video files) in the stat posts, as I get them. Anyone know of a free file host for the dinky little replay files?
Maybe try mediafire?

EDIT: Anyone mind if I record the replays?

DavidDayton said:

I could host 'em. I'll shoot you a PM.

DavidDayton said:
ROUND 4
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Monday, April 7th.

Settings - 2 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No time limit)
Stage - Mario Circuit
Win Condition - 1st Place

4-I
* TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588
* Manabanana , COLIN , 1676-3361-2017

TheCrow just won our match. Still close, even though the FIRST THING I DID was spin dash off the right side. I feel so stupid. Good luck in the rest of the tourney. That's it for me :(

zoku88

4-A
1) zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
2) superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591

GG, superbank ^^

No recording guys. We were waiting too much during the match :lol

zoku88

superbank said:
gg. If only I had managed to grab that hammer head at the end. :(
I got really lucky that I grabbed the pokeball before grabbing the hammer :lol And also lucky that you didn't grab the head when I missed it the first time (and grabbed something else.)

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
zoku88 said:
I got really lucky that I grabbed the pokeball before grabbing the hammer :lol And also lucky that you didn't grab the head when I missed it the first time (and grabbed something else.)

How did you kill me btw? I cant remember, all I remember is the hammer head and why would it not get into my hands.

zoku88

superbank said:
How did you kill me btw? I cant remember, all I remember is the hammer head and why would it not get into my hands.
I... don't quite remember either. I think I did end up hitting you point bland with the hammer head or something.

Blizzard

Banned
nabster destroyed me with falcon vs. my kirby. Also I got eaten by knuckle joe and bazookad and nearly infinite fan comboed for like 100% damage.

Nabster92

Oh yea results almost forgot:

4-B
(2) Blizzard , BLIZ , 0559-6429-2950
(1) Nabster92 , NABIL , 2148-7776-5580

GG's blizzard, sorry for my lack of giving any advice...I go by a theory of example, so just play a bunch of people and imitate stuff that looks effective. And just familiarize yourself with all the characters and their priorities and whatnot.

DDayton

Manabanana said:
I could host 'em. I'll shoot you a PM.
Sounds good.

zoku88 said:
EDIT: Anyone mind if I record the replays?
I'd love that, as my video capturing stuff is acting up weird. I could post the replays via Mana's hosting, and you could convert them to video files and upload them to youtube. We all win!

Nishastra

Banned
I got caught up in a match with Dan right after. Finally done with that :p

Anyway, good game. You spent a good while beating on the wrong Ice Climber, though :p

jibblypop

Banned
Nishastra said:
I got caught up in a match with Dan right after. Finally done with that :p

Anyway, good game. You spent a good while beating on the wrong Ice Climber, though :p

haha that would be because I really don't know any strategies in smash bros! i didn't even know there was a difference which one you beat up!

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Sorry it took so long, but I finally sent out a PM to Economan. Hopefully we'll get this thing done either sometime tonight or tomorrow.

zoku88

DavidDayton said:
I'd love that, as my video capturing stuff is acting up weird. I could post the replays via Mana's hosting, and you could convert them to video files and upload them to youtube. We all win!
Cool. What's Mana's hosting?

Top Bottom