• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

Blizzard

Banned
I'm available for online until the deadline...sorry I'm so late. stopped raining and I came back from lab...school is eating me. :(

*edit* All four of us are online now, but only three of us are in IRC...

Blizzard

Banned
Gragh, JCX was on IRC but not reading the chat or online on the Wii. Superbank was brawling but he or his friend wouldn't let me join, and slayn was on IRC, but went to bed because no one else was around. X_X

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Blizzard said:
Gragh, JCX was on IRC but not reading the chat or online on the Wii. Superbank was brawling but he or his friend wouldn't let me join, and slayn was on IRC, but went to bed because no one else was around. X_X

I think you guys are doing this just to drive me mad... and it would be silly to kick out FOUR players for not battling in the final few rounds.

Sigh.

JCX

Blizzard said:

sorry about last night. I'lll be gone during the day (about 2-9) for my sister's concert. So I can do it before or after those times.

Milabrega

zoku88 said:
Lawl, you guys should just seriously pick a time and play :lol :lol

Its kind of funny watching this unfold. 3 will be in the irc waiting for the 4th, then one leaves says he'll be back a little later if the 4th shows up, then the 4th will show up, they wait for the guy who left, another leaves then the guy who left comes back. Then all 4 will be in the irc but two will be afk, one will leave since the two are afk, then just as he leaves they come back heh.

Blizzard

Banned
I slept forever <_<; I'll try to come back to my room from working or whatever from 9-10 EST and check if JCX is around.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I won't be around tonight. Maybe tomorrow. If three of you get together tonight just forfeit me or something. I'm probably the worst offender for not showing up.

Blizzard

Banned
I should also probably forfeit if it has to be tonight; I'm currently at a LAN/console party that may last for like 8 hours for Brawl 2v2, Brawl 1v1, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Smash 64, CS:S, Halo 3, Starcraft, etc. etc. etc. :p And if I leave I'll have to work, so yeah, tomorrow or just forfeit me.

JCX

I don't want to be dq'd, btu I planned on going out tonight as well. I'[ll try to be back before midnight. please dont dq me though!

JCX

DavidDayton said:
Well, if 3 of you are all going to be gone ... ;)

I need to start the next round this coming week.

actually, I decided to stay in tonight since I've been gone all day.

Blizzard

Banned
Nearly unplayable lag for me, and the jerk went for me, the one life guy, with the dragoon. :( Oh well, I needed to lose anyway. At least I didn't have to pay $5 for it this time.

1) slayn
2) superbank
3) JCX
4) Blizzard

*edit* Ah, superbank is in hawaii, that would explain it.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
sorry ^^; I have good connections with other peole far away so I dunno. I guess we're not compatible.

zoku88

Blizzard said:
Nearly unplayable lag for me, and the jerk went for me, the one life guy, with the dragoon. :( Oh well, I needed to lose anyway. At least I didn't have to pay $5 for it this time.

1) slayn
2) superbank
3) JCX
4) Blizzard

*edit* Ah, superbank is in hawaii, that would explain it.
Pay $5???

Blizzard

Banned
Tournament at my school yesterday. $5 to play in any and all tournaments. I ended up doing even more terrible than usual with kirby...couldn't even hit anyone.

zoku88

Blizzard said:
Tournament at my school yesterday. $5 to play in any and all tournaments. I ended up doing even more terrible than usual with kirby...couldn't even hit anyone.
Oh, I thought you meant some kind of online fee or something:lol

DDayton

ROUND 5
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Friday, April 11th.

Settings - 4 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No time limit)
Stage - Wario Ware
Win Condition - 1st or 2nd Place
Special Note: Turn in a replay with Mona's Pizza playing and David will be happier.

5-A
(4) zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
(1) Nabster92 , NABIL , 2148-7776-5580
(2) * SS4Gogita , SS4 , 3952-6664-8021

(3) * XiaNaphryz , K.J. , 4511-0161-5640

5-B
(2) * superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591
(4) * Blizzard , BLIZ , 0559-6429-2950
(3) * JCX9 , JCX , 1160-9377-8688

(1) * slayn , slayn , 3394-3235-6993

5-C
(1) * Milabrega , Mila , 3050-7238-9831
(3) * Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
(2) * TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588
(3) * Firestorm , Fire , 5026-4112-2259

----------
With this round, we bid farewell to XiaNaphryz, Blizzard, JCX9, Nishastra, and Firestorm. Nabster92 remains undefeated.

Round 6 details coming shortly.

DDayton

ROUND 6
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Thursday April 17th

Settings - 2/3 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No time limit)
Stage - Hyrule Temple
Win Condition - 1st Place

6-A
Nabster92 , NABIL , 2148-7776-5580
* slayn , slayn , 3394-3235-6993
* Milabrega , Mila , 3050-7238-9831

6-B
* SS4Gogita , SS4 , 3952-6664-8021
* superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591

6-C
* zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
* TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588

-----
This will be an interesting round, especially as to how it will impact the next round(s).

Milabrega

DavidDayton said:
6-A
* slayn , slayn , 3394-3235-6993
* Milabrega , Mila , 3050-7238-9831

6-B
* SS4Gogita , SS4 , 3952-6664-8021

6-C
* TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588

One of these things, is not like the others.

DDayton

Milabrega said:

Me said:
We've had rounds before with different numbers of fighters. The choice was 3/2/2 or 4/3. The 3/2/2 breakdown seems like a better choice.

zoku88

Milabrega said:
One of these things reminds zoku of the first match :-/

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't read correctly. I thought I was in the odd one out match again XD

DDayton

zoku88 said:
One of these things reminds zoku of the first match :-/

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't read correctly. I thought I was in the odd one out match again XD

We're getting near the end... bwahahahahaaaaa.

TheCrow

Tuesday sounds good, hopefully I'll fare better this time. Our last match together ended in me failing horribly. D:

superbank

6-B
2) * SS4Gogita , SS4 , 3952-6664-8021
1) * superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591

gg SS4. We did not have any luck with the smash balls eh? :lol I missed my two Blue Falcons and G&Ws final smash is useless in Hyrule Temple.

No replay. It was an 8 minute match.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, first WarioWare and now Hyrule Temple? I'm half glad I got eliminated, half sad I didn't get to float around with Kirby for eight minutes. XD

zoku88

6-C
1) * zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
2) * TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588

I didn't get the option to record. I guess itt was too long again. Better for me, since the last kill was cheap T_T

TheCrow

Damn you zoku for camping the last dragoon part. :)

I guess I'm done, I'm just happy I've made it this far. Now I just have to wait for the next round of tournaments. I didn't to join the 1v1 tourny because I didn't feel I was good enough, but if it plays out like the first one I'll win a couple of matches due to forfeits. :D

Nabster92

Well that shitfest is out of the way.

6-A
(3) * slayn , slayn , 3394-3235-6993
(2) * Milabrega , Mila , 3050-7238-9831

pit down-b not coming out fast enough to reflect a bumper ftw. And being on hyrule obviously no replay saved for an 11 minute game.

superbank

BTW me and SS4 are gonna do best out of 3 on Thursday, if thats alright. So its 1-0. SS4 said he had ridiculous lag and I thought that wasn't fair so I offered a rematch.

DDayton

superbank said:
BTW me and SS4 are gonna do best out of 3 on Thursday, if thats alright. So its 1-0. SS4 said he had ridiculous lag and I thought that wasn't fair so I offered a rematch.

Hey, if you two mutually agree to a rematch, sure.

zoku88

TheCrow said:
Damn you zoku for camping the last dragoon part. :)
Lawl.

Which do you prefer: death by dragoon camping or death by suicide box? :p

I'd actually choose the suicide box. That's much funnier :p

superbank

I won again but SS4 was having the same issues. I did win the majority of the matches we had afterwards, but that might mean nothing because my lag wasn't as bad.

Anyway, I advance. Good games SS4.

DDayton

ROUND 6 Results
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Thursday April 17th

Stage - Hyrule Temple

6-A
(3) * slayn , slayn , 3394-3235-6993
(2) * Milabrega , Mila , 3050-7238-9831

6-B
(2) * SS4Gogita , SS4 , 3952-6664-8021
(1) * superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591

6-C
(1) * zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
(2) * TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588
----------

This means that slayn, Milabrega, SS4Gogita, and TheCrow have left the tournament... get ready for the (potentially) final round.

DDayton

ROUND 7
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Monday April 21st

Settings - 3 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No time limit)
Stage - Final Destination

If Nabster wins this battle, the tournament ends. If he loses, we'll go into round 8.

Good luck, men..

zoku88

Holy crap, I think I remember playing nabster before. I remember that ROB >_< How did I not get last place :lol

nabster won, btw :lol

DDayton

zoku88 said:
Holy crap, I think I remember playing nabster before. I remember that ROB >_< How did I not get last place :lol

Well, that was a longer tournament than I had signed up for.

I'll get a fun ending post and a picture of Nabster's trophy (yes, I have a trophy statuette here) soon. Anyone with artistic skills want to help me out with something tied to that? PM me.

superbank

zoku88 said:

You didn't get last place because I stupidly got smacked right in the face with nabs bat. That was so dumb. X(

zoku88

superbank said:
You didn't get last place because I stupidly got smacked right in the face with nabs bat. That was so dumb. X(
Oh, I was actually talking about another match I had against him XD I really suck against ROB in general. So I suck even more against a GOOD ROB player >.>

(But yea, I was like, crap, he died. I was hoping that the three of us could survive a little longer so that nabster could take more damage.)

DDayton

Nabster... PM me your mailing address. A trophy statuette is being completed and will be mailed to you.

Nabster92

Oh you're giving me an actual physical trophy for this? Huh...well giving my home address would feel weird so I'll give you my campus PO Box when I go back and check what it is on Sunday.

DDayton

Nabster92 said:
Oh you're giving me an actual physical trophy for this? Huh...well giving my home address would feel weird so I'll give you my campus PO Box when I go back and check what it is on Sunday.

Yep. Real trophy thing. Picture to come soon.

Top Bottom