• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

The Hermit

Milabrega said:
We set an exact time or are we all going to be floating after 10:30?

I will be there around that time...

Anothe thing: since I live the furthest than everyone on the group, if the lag is too bad, it´ll be mostly my fault. So i´ll just quit (I don´t want to ruin the match) ok?
I said the same thing ilast time, but since it was only 1 vs 1 there was no problem.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
because of march madness I am actually free tonight, is everyone else in my group free tonight?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
MiamiWesker said:
Sorry but I dont have a computer near my Wii and the computer I am now is a complete mess, it has a virus and I can only use safe mode.

I will be on shortly. As soon as we all connect, lets do the match.

ok

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, for 1-B, PkunkFury didn't respond to PMs or show up, though I think he was active on the forum today. Anyway, the other three of us played an official round. zoku was 1, and nab and I got star-KOed at nearly the same time, so the game said ranking 1, 2, 2.

So, does this mean we all advance? Or, should I forfeit? I only had one kill, while they had more, and I think I got star-KOed a tiny bit before nab, even though the game listed it as a tie.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Blizzard said:
*EDIT* I just realized something. Not that I or anyone here would do it, but in THEORY...if everyone in a bracket really wanted to make it to the next round, couldn't they all SD an equal number of times, and then have one other player kill them all in sudden death, resulting in 1-2-2-2 rankings, and all players advancing?

I'm not sure whether to be amazed by your ability to manipulate the game like that in an online match, or whether to be annoyed. :)

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't -do- it! And I wouldn't even if my teammates agreed. I was just asking, in theory. :p

At any rate, if the organizer is annoyed at me, I guess I'll be getting a loss for sure. >_>;

zoku88

DavidDayton said:
I'm not sure whether to be amazed by your ability to manipulate the game like that in an online match, or whether to be annoyed. :)
Mwhaha, it was through the powa of Metaknight's final slash. Blizzard knew that I would use it :p

DDayton

Blizzard said:
I didn't -do- it! And I wouldn't even if my teammates agreed. I was just asking, in theory. :p

At any rate, if the organizer is annoyed at me, I guess I'll be getting a loss for sure. >_>;

Nah... if it were an intentional collusion to cause problems, that would be different. I already gave the scoring information, and I'm sticking to it.

DDayton

Special note -- we have two additional members in the tournament now. Both these folks got in touch with me just a bit too late for round one, and I agreed to take them in (conditionally) with round two, at one loss each. We have a lot of players who didn't play in round one, so I'm expecting to cull off some "dead wood" in round two. However, the numbers aren't currently even enough to easily work in two additional players... so I'm having the two new guys battle in a 1v1 items match. The winner stays in, the loser goes out.

2-M (Special case - two latecomers who are both taking losses for round one. ONLY the winner will progress; the other will be dropped)
* Rentahamster, RENTA, 1032-0959-8470
* Michan, NoU, 0387-8477-0052

DDayton

superbank said:
So the result for group 2-E is:

1st: superbank
2nd: Miami Wesker

3rd: Fenix
4th: Hatchet Man

Er... you are supposed to PM me, you know, just in case I miss stuff like this!

DDayton

Blizzard said:
Yeah, for 1-B, PkunkFury didn't respond to PMs or show up, though I think he was active on the forum today. Anyway, the other three of us played an official round. zoku was 1, and nab and I got star-KOed at nearly the same time, so the game said ranking 1, 2, 2.

1) I really think you should give PkunkFury a little more time to respond before you assume he isn't battling.
2) If someone doesn't show, I still score it as a 4 player battle.
3) If players are tied for first or second and the win conditions are first or second, then all those players progress.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Fenix said:
Indeed, those were quite fun.

A little laggy though... I'll take the blame, since the rest of you guys live on the east coast, right?

No I'm in Hawaii. :lol

Those were some good games though.

DavidDayton said:
Er... you are supposed to PM me, you know, just in case I miss stuff like this!

Oh. I'll pm you now just in case. :p

Group 2-A, We're gonna have our match at 10:30PM EST (~1 hr away) right?

Join the IRC to make it easier...
irc.globalgamerscenter.net
#GAF_SB

TheCrow said:
2-C
crowphoenix , Crow , 3480 2201 5692
Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
truendo , TRNDO , 5155 2598 7295
TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588

I've already added you all. I'll be available all weekend, hopefully all of us can play and I won't have to do another 1v1.

I'm around. So, whenever you guys are ready.

Blizzard

Banned
DavidDayton said:
1) I really think you should give PkunkFury a little more time to respond before you assume he isn't battling.
2) If someone doesn't show, I still score it as a 4 player battle.
3) If players are tied for first or second and the win conditions are first or second, then all those players progress.

Yeah, that's fine. We just wanted to get at least a match recorded, in case the three of us couldn't get together again and pkunk never responded at all. If he does, of course we'll have to try to play another match (I can schedule whatever tomorrow, around project work).

PkunkFury

Blizzard said:
Yeah, that's fine. We just wanted to get at least a match recorded, in case the three of us couldn't get together again and pkunk never responded at all. If he does, of course we'll have to try to play another match (I can schedule whatever tomorrow, around project work).

sorry guys, I didn't notice the pm until about half an hour ago. I think I'm going to have trouble keeping up with the tournaments anyway though so feel free to boot me. I'm not usually available until late and by then East coasters are well asleep. I had trouble with the last leg as well since I don't usually get out of work until 7:00. I think I'll just have to stick to non-scheduled casual games.

Blizzard

Banned
PkunkFury said:
sorry guys, I didn't notice the pm until about half an hour ago. I think I'm going to have trouble keeping up with the tournaments anyway though so feel free to boot me. I'm not usually available until late and by then East coasters are well asleep. I had trouble with the last leg as well since I don't usually get out of work until 7:00. I think I'll just have to stick to non-scheduled casual games.

Well, I'm free today and tomorrow, and am up really late anyway, so it depends on nabster and zuko.

PkunkFury

Blizzard said:
Well, I'm free today and tomorrow, and am up really late anyway, so it depends on nabster and zuko.

it's all right, I pmed David to let him know I'm dropping out. i think the next few weeks I'll be even harder to reach, so it's best I stick to casual games until I'm on a schedule. I just moved across the country and started a new job so playing smash has to be a low priority for awhile anyway. If the game had launched when it was supposed to I'd have been playing all day :p

The Hermit

Group 2A, I'm already on-line...

So we test to see the lag or we just go for it?

BTW:

Baiano19 said:
Anothe thing: since I live the furthest than everyone on the group, if the lag is too bad, it´ll be mostly my fault. So i´ll just quit (I don´t want to ruin the match) ok?
I said the same thing ilast time, but since it was only 1 vs 1 there was no problem.

Milabrega

Baiano19 said:
Group 2A, I'm already on-line...

So we test to see the lag or we just go for it?

BTW:

Olive and I are in the Mirc channel. Ysiad(kak) was on a little earlier, he's on often so hopefully he'll be on, if not want to set a time tomorrow to reschedule just in case?

TheCrow

I kinda feel bad that I won with only 1 KO.
Edit: Are we going to play every match in smashville to further confuse me?:D

Nishastra

Banned
Such is the way of the 4-player stock :p

I got most of the kills :p

So, anyway, it was:

1st: TheCrow
2nd: Nishastra
3rd: Truendo
4th: Crowphoenix

... Right?

Are we just going to keep playing until everyone wins one? :p

Nishastra said:

So, anyway, it was:

... Right?

Don 't care. You guys decide.

truendo

Nishastra said:

So, anyway, it was:

... Right?

I don't know.... Why are we still playing? :p

truendo

Nishastra said:
I assume the one after you said "Real match now guys!" was the real one, which is the one I have listed in my post.
Yah. Ok then just use that one. I'm gone from the tournament. lol

Top Bottom