• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recently deceased Mike Illitch quietly paid for Rosa Parks' rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkgoblue

His impact to the city of Detroit, both with the Wings and Tigers, but also in revitalizing the city, should go down in history.

Sad that he wasn't able to get what he truly wanted: a World Series pennant to the Motor City.
To be fair, he swindled the city with the new hockey/basketball arena.

That's great to hear. I love Little Caesars. I have a lot of nostalgia for it because that was basically the only pizza we ate as kids in school.

sangreal

Crazy that it takes a billionaire to find someone like Rosa Parks a decent apartment to live in. Someone who has been crucial for the civil rights movement in the US and will be well known throughout history. Did no one else care about her at all?

That's not what the article says.

Man who attacked Rosa Parks offers apology
skinner_mug.jpg

I remember this, I wonder what happened to that guy though, he should've gotten released around 2010.

frontovik

Banned
You can tell the true character of an individual by the actions that they do not disclose to others. I admire his altruism .. despite his other flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom