• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Anyone else finish this yet? The reviews say it's about 6-7 hours.

Is that about right? I have it downloaded and I'm looking forward to checking it out! :)
I finished the game after 6 hours and 15 minutes.
That's the main story, not every city safe, not all challenges done.

I guess if I were to make that so, it would be another 2 hours at least.
And then on top of that the multiplayer modes.

Very good value. Rockstar delivers yet again.

This is bloody brilliant so many good moments, a funny one today:

So I was passing the ranch just north of McFarlanes ranch and the woman said don't go in the barn - naturally I opened the barn and it was jam packed with zombies and they all ran at me :lol

Went to the 'Flowers for a Lady' house but sadly the dead wife wasn't there

Yeah, I'm going for 100% completion, so I imagine this will last me 30 hours or so. I did it for the core game and that lasted me 98 hours.

EDIT: Plus, I never used fast traveling. I always ride my horse.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm at my parents home right now with my old xbox. I take my hard drive from my current xbox to my parents house when I visit home. I want to buy the Undead Redemption dlc but I worry this may cause some problems when I go to play the dlc on my current xbox if I'm not attached to the internet later.

Also this was probably asked plenty..... but are the other DLC worth it even if I never played the multiplayer yet?

I disagree. Liars and Cheats adds a bunch of stuff to Free Roam (7 new gang hideouts, Liar's Dice and Poker, horse racing with combat, and Stronghold MP mode), which is where you'll spend most of your time online. Legends and Killers I never bothered with, it's just new MP maps, and a couple of new modes. All the packs have character skins.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
This is the best DLC I have ever experienced, BoGT included. So much character to it. Sucker game studios, take note.

-Mikey-

When you find the 4 ponies, is there a way to put them in a stable or something? Not sure how that works. I have Pestilence and don't know what happens when I'll come across the other 3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
-Mikey- said:
When you find the 4 ponies, is there a way to put them in a stable or something? Not sure how that works. I have Pestilence and don't know what happens when I'll come across the other 3.
Whenever you break one, it'll replace the others that you have. Once you get Death, the last one, use it to kill one of every type of undead to hit Level 5 in the Four Horses challenge. Once you do that you get a Blood Pact for each of the Four Horses and you can call any of them at will and never have to worry about them dying since you'll always be able to call a new one.

-Mikey-

RoboPlato said:
Whenever you break one, it'll replace the others that you have. Once you get Death, the last one, use it to kill one of every type of undead to hit Level 5 in the Four Horses challenge. Once you do that you get a Blood Pact for each of the Four Horses and you can call any of them at will and never have to worry about them dying since you'll always be able to call a new one.

Wow, awesome! Thanks for the fast reply too.

ShortBus

Anyone know the best place to find cougars?

Bears and wolves are pretty easy to find,but not cougars....

Edit: Right where it says "Nekoti Rock" on the map, got an endless supply of Bears and Cougars. :D

Tokubetsu

ShortBus said:
Anyone know the best place to find cougars?

Bears and wolves are pretty easy to find,but not cougars....

Really? Everytime I hit tall trees, it's just a sea of zougars and zombears.

Red

Vik_Vaughn said:
Ha, haven't been to that site in ages. Recognized a few old friends who posted in that thread.

So a sasquatch has actually been put into this DLC? It's not just a rumor this time (or was it ever actually real)?

Makes me really wish there was a PC version of RDR; it's a great game regardless, but my how I'd love running on increased hardware.

Love the words "zougar" and "zombear" :lol

Crunched said:
Ha, haven't been to that site in ages. Recognized a few old friends who posted in that thread.

So a sasquatch has actually been put into this DLC? It's not just a rumor this time (or was it ever actually real)?

Makes me really wish there was a PC version of RDR; it's a great game regardless, but my how I'd love running on increased hardware.

Love the words "zouger" and "zombear" :lol

There's
an entire side quest involving hunting them! :lol

I too, love "Zouger" and "Zombear" and hope to see them included in common conversation from now on.

"Jim, did you see the game?"
"Sure did Max. The home team ate up the other one liike a Zombear eats a horse!"

WEGGLES

Bought this today. Loving it.

The new multiplayer stuff is a blast, but kind-of crummy with 2 people.

If anyone wants to play on xbox my gt is WEGGLES

beat it last night... good shit. fun and fun

pain in the ass to re-find death right now... on top of that it took me over an hour to find two bears to kill for hunter... now i cant find two more cougars i need to kill >_<

Miggytronz

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708313/The-Verdict-Red-Dead-Redemption-Undead-Nightmare-Pack.html
The DLC also adds a new Free Roam called Land Grab, which basically lets players claim areas around the map and try to hold it until the timer is up. It’s a fun little addition to the already varied Free Roam experience, which, thanks to the previously released Liars and Cheats Pack, now includes, multiplayer poker, Liar’s Dice, and horse racing.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...tion-Undead-Nightmare-Pack.html#ixzz13kUztfpG

wait wut? is this a Zombie Free Roam?

mokeyjoe

GDJustin said:
In my opinion no. I haven't bought any of the other DLC, but they just add new multiplayer maps, new multiplayer skins, or MP features that should have been in fron the start (Liar's Dice and Poker). There's FREE DLC that added more co-op missions. Funny that it's free and it's the most compelling DLC of all. Besides undead nightmare, of course.

I believe the last DLC prior to UN added some new MP modes... they might be fun. At least it's more than maps. I don't have any impressions though.

I wouldn't have bought them separately but I think they're pretty decent value in the bundle with Undead Nightmare - especially as it went towards my 2400 point promo offer so they were sort of free. :D

I agree the free DLC co-op missions are the best. With both the multiplayer DLC packs you get a quite a bit of content not just maps and skins. You get several new game modes and a lot more content in the Free Roam which makes it seem a lot less empty. I'm not really one for online multi but now they've updated RDR with the 'Friendly' freeroam it makes it feel like an expansive co-op mode, so if you enjoyed those missions then it's worth a look.

Dartastic

Just wondering, but how do you teleport from town to town? I used to do it by setting up a campsite, but I can't find the option anymore. Thanks!

Reknoc

Dartastic said:
Just wondering, but how do you teleport from town to town? I used to do it by setting up a campsite, but I can't find the option anymore. Thanks!

You do it from beds you can use in safe towns.

Undead Hunter Rank 4 was a massive pain in the arse and not very fun at all. Still, managed to do it and now all I need to do is like 3 more ranks of Sharpshooter with the greatest mount ever.

Gribbix

Dartastic said:
They removed the portable campsite from UN. You can only fast travel from safehouses (where you save and change your outfit).

stolin

stolin said:
I just finished the story part, now working on the endgame cleanup & Trophies.

This is the first DLC I purchased, mostly because of the single player story content. Fantastic A+. This is my personal bar for any new DLC that comes along.

I've now finished the Undead Nightmare DLC 100%. For all the single player content & Trophies it was 14 hours. Some of the end of that was waiting for animals & horses to spawn. 12 solid hours for me when going for everything. Content quality per dollar & fun value are perfect for me.

The 2 online Trophies went really fast, Land Grab is only so-so ( I'm not a multiplayer guy... ) but the Undead Overrun is really fun. I enjoyed it more because it was Co-Op.. We got to Wave #20 and it was intense. I will play more Undead Overrun!

Dead

well not really...yet
bandresen said:
I finished the game after 6 hours and 15 minutes.
That's the main story, not every city safe, not all challenges done.

I guess if I were to make that so, it would be another 2 hours at least.
And then on top of that the multiplayer modes.

Very good value. Rockstar delivers yet again.
More content than The Force Unleashed 2, and $50 cheaper :lol

Dartastic

WHOA. I just got
Rank 1 of the 4 Horse of the Apocalypse. War.
BAD ASS.

Edit - Awww. I don't wanna
kill the last Sasquatch. =( Sad.

God damn this how you do DLC. Screw this MP stuff Rockstar. Give me more of this. Just imagine a Marston prequel or another important RDR character's story *wink, wink* I don't think I can wait three years for a sequel.

DrBo42

So currently I'm going back and forth between Vanquish, Fable III, and RDD:UN and I keep coming back to UN. It's that good, or the other games are that bad.

Dartastic said:
Edit - Awww. I don't wanna
kill the last Sasquatch. =( Sad.

I literally tried to shoot him in the face with the double barrel from a few feet away and ended up hitting his shoulder, he didnt die... got up to run and when I started to chase him down he did the cowering thing.

I walked up to him while reloading and finished him off.

There were people in the room watching me play you could hear a fucking pin drop after that mess :lol

Loxley

Just completed it, some of the best DLC of this gen in my humble opinion. And oh god...
the ending...I got a serious Stubbz the Zombie vibe
:lol :lol

The soundtrack was excellent, especially the song when you
ride to find Reyes,
that was a definite highlight of the campaign. Man this was so worth the wait.

AleeN634

Just beat it last night. Took me about 7 hours. A surprising amount of content for $10. Despite how weird it is, the zombie vibe worked well and seeing how different characters coped with the situation was nice. Did anyone else come across the random camper who was having a nice meal :lol

Does anyone know if someone has ripped the song that plays when
you go to find Reyes?

todahawk

Deepack said:
I'll ask again. Does the framerate on PS3 hold up with all the zombies on screen?

I had it drop last night on Overrun with 4 of us playing on wave 16. It was getting insane. It wasn't bad though... actually seemed to work in our favor as we were getting overwhelmed.

seady

How come my life meter does not drain? I keep getting attacked by zombies and my meter stays full. Some kind of glitch or is that suppose to happen?

Gribbix

seady said:
How come my life meter does not drain? I keep getting attacked by zombies and my meter stays full. Some kind of glitch or is that suppose to happen?
The game uses a regenerating health system. There is no life meter. If you're referring to the red bar on the right side of the minimap, that's your dead-eye meter.

Took me 13 hours to 100% it. I rarely go for 100% but this was just too much fun. Haven't touched multi yet and I still really want to explore and wreck shit up in single player. Best $8 ever spent (psn+ discount).

AzBat

Played Undead Overrun with 3 other people & we got to Wave 30! I'm sure it keeps going but what's the highest that everybody has seen?

I ran into a very traumatic glitch after doing a mission for Mother Superior.

I hog-tied her by accident after one of the missions (your not supposed to be able to hog-tie/kill allies). And for some reason you can't cut people loose like in the main game once you hog-tie them. So I just dragged her over to a fire-pit and left her there. She wouldn't die. She just kept screaming uncontrollably forever and burning alive. It even felt like her screams were getting weaker at one point and I looked around to see if anyone was watching and then ended her misery with about 7 shotgun shots to the face because she just would not die. Then she re-spawned later on somehow when I went back to finish her missions. lol.

Top Bottom