• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Shy

Take/crop a screenshot.
Upload it to Imgur.
Paste the image's URL into your post/reply (wrapped with [img] tags).
Copy the URL for the actual tweet itself.
Highlight your image URL, click on the "Insert Link" button, and paste the URL for the actual tweet. Your posted picture is now also a posted link.

Might also want to wrap the whole thing in [quote] tags.

It should come out looking pretty, like this:
Ahhh. Thanks.

Is there an add-on/extension to paste screenshots on the browser instead of having to go to Paint and pasting it there?

Looking for steps to speed up the process and cut out the middle man.

Cheerilee

Is there an add-on/extension to paste screenshots on the browser instead of having to go to Paint and pasting it there?

Oh, I forgot a step.

You should capture your screenshots in bitmap or PNG form, and then save your cropped pictures as PNGs, to maintain maximum picture quality in your tweets.

PNG is kind of large, but that's what PNGcrush is for. I cut the above image from 33.2KB down to 28.1KB using PNGcrush. It runs in a command line interface. Command line interfaces are simple, and easy to use, right?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oh, I forgot a step.

You should capture your screenshots in bitmap or PNG form, and then save your cropped pictures as PNGs, to maintain maximum picture quality in your tweets.

PNG is kind of large, but that's what PNGcrush is for. I cut the above image from 33.2KB down to 28.1KB using PNGcrush. It runs in a command line interface. Command line interfaces are simple, and easy to use, right?

is a 15% savings on a small image really worth the time?

Cheerilee

is a 15% savings on a small image really worth the time?

Nope. That's why I said he should do it. I was being a jerk.

Of course, I do it anyways, because of habit, and because I set up a folder on my desktop to automate it with basically one click.

And I probably shouldn't even have this habit. I don't do this for work or anything. Someone just showed me how to do it one day, and I thought it was neat. The most use I get out of it is whenever I make myself a new forum avatar.

Speaking of...

Shy

Just a reminder boys and girls.
There will be a make up stream tonight at the usual time, Jack will be doing space cop fx work, with Rich calling in.

Shy

I only checked in for a few minutes of the first one, were these streams any good? When I was watching it was Jack mostly working and Rich kind of talking at the chat.
That's a tough one to answer really. if you like just hearing Rich and Jack shooting the shit, then i think you'll like it.
Because those streams are just Jack doing space cop fx work.

Speaking of which, tonight's stream they'll be playing Mario maker. Which should be a good laugh.

just to be fair, them discussing 'what the twist would be' with that cut with just something moving in the background was legit creepy.
Until you get the rest of it, thankfully.

It's kind of weird how Shyamalan has an eye for good horror but refuses to go in all the way. I can imagine why he would afraid of doing that to viewers (and perhaps his own sanity), but he does at the very least understand creepy versus jump-scare. I know people will disagree, but visually he's the guy you would hire for a somewhat faithful Halloween remake, not Rob Zombie. This is without having seen that remake though.

Turbo Kid seems nice though.

Looks like they liked Turbo Kid for the same reasons I did.

Funny that Mike said
unnecessary gore
as that's how i described it because while hilarious and I loved every moment of it, it was unnecessary to the rest of the movie and tone.

But yeah. Definitely a movie I was glad I watched but don't necessarily have to watch it again anytime soon.

Ugh.

Finally watched the latest Wheel of the Worst.

To wash the mouth of the bad taste of such a shit episode, went to watch the one with the gun safety eagle

"You can't fuck'em if they're dead"- Rich Evans

Rydeen

Weirdly enough, I was JUST talking to a friend today about how I hoped that they'd review The Visit and Turbo Kid on Half in the Bag soon.

I really enjoyed Turbo Kid when I saw it a few weeks ago. It did get a limited theatrical showing here in the U.S. mostly at independent theaters or festivals. I was thinking about making a thread for it now that it's available on video streaming on Xbox One and PSN because it really seems like the kind of movie the majority of GAF would like, and I personally think it succeeds at the "80's homage" thing waaay better than Kung Fury's attempt. It felt like a movie that was actually made by people who watched 80's movies and not just some guy whose 80's awareness is made up of memes he saw on the internet.

Zabka

Snipping Tool. It's built into Windows. You can copy images from it and paste straight into imgur.

Grinchy

Banned
No.

Edit: Because you can see him looking young in their early videos. He's roughly same age as Rich who I think is in his 30's

Mike looks like he could be 48. He's either a 35 year old who looks bad enough to look 48, or he's 48 and looks great.

Cheerilee

IIRC, Mike said that he was watching Star Trek: TNG while he was in high school, so if he was in older high school when TNG was just starting, then he's around 45, or if he was in younger high school when TNG was just finishing, then he's around 35, or split the difference and he's somewhere around 40.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
mike and rich are the same age about, i believe. they're in their mid 30s, rich has talked about his age relative to jack a lot, about 3 or 4 years. jack is like 2 years older than i am (29).

Mike really has aged pretty poorly, I gotta say. Jay is like sucking the vitality out of him or something, cuz Jay looks better than he ever has.

Rich has also aged poorly, but the beard is doing good work hiding that for now.

Rydeen

Mike really has aged pretty poorly, I gotta say. Jay is like sucking the vitality out of him or something, cuz Jay looks better than he ever has.

Rich has also aged poorly, but the beard is doing good work hiding that for now.

Jay is single so he's trying to be attractive to the opposite sex. Mike's in a stable relationship so he doesn't try / care to look attractive anymore.

komplanen

They made a comment saying Jessi is fine and just hasn't felt like doing the show for a while.

How can we interpret that to support our conspiracies?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
They made a comment saying Jessi is fine and just hasn't felt like doing the show for a while.

How can we interpret that to support our conspiracies?

She's creeped out by male commenters on their stuff.

Or more likely, she was kidnapped by Santa, dressed as an American stereotype, and forced to sing songs for his amusement.

Top Bottom