• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

jett

D-Member
Mike seems to not only get more annoying with each video, but also dumber. It's like his brain rots away with each passing moment.

peakish

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i thought the flask thing was funny enough. it was a little weird, but they always do that "fade out the interesting stuff and focus solely on the stupid thing" thing

Majine

Banned
I feel like HitB is getting shorter and shorter.

These asshats can't even be bothered to create their own arcs anymore (so they steal Everests).

Aiii

So not worth it

These asshats can't even be bothered to create their own arcs anymore (so they steal Everests).

They're a half hour for big releases or two regular ones, so 18 minutes for this seems fine to me.

They've been shorter, and there've been fewer this year.

But the real issue is the crappiness of the plot line. I loved the past plot lines :(

Tomita

Tonight's stream is great. Jack's tales of being a farmville clown, Rich's ideas for comic books, and both of them getting furious about remembering watching The Jar. I've had it on in the background since it started, haven't done that in a long time.

Damn, do they archive their streams on YouTube or are those more of a "highlight reel"? I wanna hear this discussion

Whether or not they like The Martian or Crimson Peak or whatever, are we all in agreement that this year's HitB has been the worst thus far?

jXbX69y.gif

aravuus

Whether or not they like The Martian or Crimson Peak or whatever, are we all in agreement that this year's HitB has been the worst thus far?

Nope. They're as good as they've ever been. Mike's as funny as he's always been etc. The only change I've noticed is Jay looking better and better.

I don't really care about the side plot stuff though.

komplanen

I really like this year's hitb episodes other than I didn't like any of the video game store episodes with Jack and Rich. Not sure why,

I really like this year's hitb episodes other than I didn't like any of the video game store episodes with Jack and Rich. Not sure why,

But that was a good chunk of it. And there's been fewer episodes, I think. I'm not saying HitB sucks, but there's been less and worse episodes this year. Or maybe movies this year have sucked more. I dunno.'

Random old question: I wonder if anyone at RLM has seen the great short film Lucas in Love, a parody of Shakespeare in Love.

Your attempt to get agreement backfired.

And no. While they haven't been the best they aren't the worst either. I actually have really liked the ones with Jack and rich as they did them for big movies like avengers 2. I was going to say that some of the wheel of the worst haven't been the best but then I remember that one with the singing kids. And I laugh.

As to not getting as many episodes as before well once space cop is out i doubt they'll want to do another film for a while so they're likely to focus on the site again. Does RLM even have a patreon?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Your attempt to get agreement backfired.

And no. While they haven't been the best they aren't the worst either. I actually have really liked the ones with Jack and rich as they did them for big movies like avengers 2. I was going to say that some of the wheel of the worst haven't been the best but then I remember that one with the singing kids. And I laugh.

As to not getting as many episodes as before well once space cop is out i doubt they'll want to do another film for a while so they're likely to focus on the site again. Does RLM even have a patreon?

Not only do they have a Patreon, it's ridiculously successful at that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
From 12k a month alone? Run both the business and pay everyone full salaries to live comfortably seems highly improbable.

Well, with the Patreon and what they get from Youtube/ads and such, and the contract work they get (commercials, etc), I'm sure they're fairly well off. I know RLM is Mike, Jay, and Rich's full time jobs, at least.

From 12k a month alone? Run both the business and pay everyone full salaries to live comfortably seems highly improbable.

Well, with the Patreon and what they get from Youtube/ads and such, and the contract work they get (commercials, etc), I'm sure they're fairly well off. I know RLM is Mike, Jay, and Rich's full time jobs, at least.
Depends if it's the full time job for everybody and whether they live together and where. The biggest issue would come from the office space costs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I wonder if they saw Everest on the release list and basically built the next series of reviews around building that crappy mountain top set... because they just seem to be ignoring a lot of other movies for these ones that I don't know anyone cares about.

So I wonder if they saw Everest on the release list and basically built the next series of reviews around building that crappy mountain top set... because they just seem to be ignoring a lot of other movies for these ones that I don't know anyone cares about.
They reviewed turbo kid

I cared about turbo kid :'(

komplanen

What does that even mean?

The movie looks like a dollhouse. The colors, the clothes, the props, the sets. Everything looks like it's too perfect. It's hard/impossible for me to take a movie seriously when even the most basic things take me out of the immersion of it being a real world. Also everything is too pristine and ornate. Like the scene in the trailer where the lady walks around with a puffy dress. All the outdoors scenes look compact and tight, with odd unrealistic lighting as if it's all a theatre set. Literally no scene in the trailer looks normal or real, but rather everything looks like a hundred artists kept overworking details in without ever being snapped out of it. Even the dirty bathroom scenes look like they were dirtied by an artist.

That's what it means.

tldr; It looks like a Tim Burton / Johnny Depp movie

inky

OK, I see what you mean. That's fine and I respect your opinion. It's a period movie (a romanticized ghost story at that) that definitely wants to evoke theater or opera, and the color palette and look is reminiscent of Mario Bava's Gothic horror. It's just weird to me because a lot of movies are not supposed to feel like "a real world" either. Feels off if you would write off a whole bunch of movies for that.

And I resent the Burton comparisons ;P I think GDT is a bit more interested in substance behind his designs than just wacky, saturated worlds. But that's just me again.

Where I disagree is in the outdoor scenes. They might be staged a bit tightly (again, keeping the genre in mind) but they look open and real to me. (Judging by the 3 seconds of footage there is out there)

Most of the movie will happen inside the house anyways, I think. Which is a real house built top to bottom and not a collection of sets, something I personally appreciate.

Grinchy

Banned
Why aren't these hacks making a commentary track per month? I'd get behind that with all my monies.

I have to assume that their interest in making commentary tracks is in some way tied to the amount of money they currently bring in from commentary tracks.

I have to wonder how many people are really buying the audio file for these things. They are easily worth $1 IMO tho.

inky

I've listened to most (I thought of renting Samurai Cop once, but I need to get together and watch that one with someone else) but I have to admit I've only paid for a couple of them. I'll buy a few more to support them a bit.

I forgot to ask before, when they were talking about Everest and how the Asian lady died, etc. were they referencing specific reviews or something?

I've listened to most (I thought of renting Samurai Cop once, but I need to get together and watch that one with someone else) but I have to admit I've only paid for a couple of them. I'll buy a few more to support them a bit.

I forgot to ask before, when they were talking about Everest and how the Asian lady died, etc. were they referencing specific reviews or something?

Nothing that I can find the only controversy is the whole inaccurate plot by the book author which they also addressed.

komplanen

I kinda wish they'll do another horror movie commentary this October. Maybe even Halloween 2. I recently watched Halloween 6 because they mentioned it in the commentary trac for the original. It's as weird as it sound for sure.

aravuus

Didn't someone just say they're doing Nightmare on Elm Street? Or was it just speculation?

Would also love another horror movie commentary, I also really enjoy them.

Top Bottom