• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oh yeah, they hated that, but I was talking more about one person liking the film and another disliking it.

They did that with Escape from New York. Jay loved it while Mike hated it (though he thawed up a bit to it on later rewatches but still found it boring)

jviggy43

Shit taste hack frauds confirmed.

ID4-2 was one of the worst things I've ever seen, though. And that fucker Mike had good things to say about it. Nothing matters anymore.
You're one of the people arent you, the one they referred to when they mentioned the weird defense force of id4 haha

Exodust

Banned
THX 1138 and american graffiti.

Was Lucas ever really a good director?

The answer is yes, he was. Key word is "was". In retrospect, someone who hasn't been credited as director since 1979 coming back twenty years later after swimming in merch money was probably going to end badly.

Schlorgan

Hold up, is there magic blood in The Mummy?
Possible. He was only the director though, so I don't know how much influence he would have had on the script.

With how it turned out, though, probably a lot; there were two pretty good screenwriters credited on that movie too. Shame.

Mike's on point this episode!

3cLBjrH.gif

that look to the camera on 'Johnny Depp is going to play the invisible man'. :D

You just know Mike is thinking 'the invisible actor' or 'the invisible career post-Pirates' but he's holding it back. Well, I was thinking it. But I'm just going to assume he was too.

also, before I forget, as someone with tinnitus, that "too loud" comment at the end is absolutely accurate. It also seems to be a Kurzman staple, going by rewatching Star Trek, and of course that Michael Bay bullshit.

I wonder if the next HitB is going to be It Comes At Night. It's hard to imagine them not taking the opportunity to talk about a horror movie, but they usually do two of those in one episode. So what would the other movie be then?

Jex

This episode felt more like their wheelhouse than that Wonder Woman review. Yes, they take pot-shots at a pretty easy target, but at least it's entertaining.

Is there a list of the extensive number of movies that have been "the worst movie I've ever seen" for Mike?
Yeah there's simple math.

Count how many episodes of best of the worst there are that Mike is part of the review panel. Then go and see how many episodes of half in the bag they reviewed a bad movie.

That's the amount of times Mike has been guaranteed to have called a movie "the worst movie"

caliph95

Yeah there's simple math.

Count how many episodes of best of the worst there are that Mike is part of the review panel. Then go and see how many episodes of half in the bag they reviewed a bad movie.

That's the amount of times Mike has been guaranteed to have called a movie "the worst movie"
Well thats a small list he must not have seen many movies

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The no-look look was pretty good.

edit: I had never thought about the racist aspect of the mummy monster. That was pretty good.

Neil Blomkamp (District 9, Chappie, etc) wants to be on the show :0

That... is a terrible idea if he wants to get 'even'. Let it go, man. The fact that his Twitter avatar is a Chappie wireframe just screams trouble.

Also, that was two years ago, so that's really not a good idea. Never get involved with someone in a (personal / emotional) crisis.

I think Neil Blomkamp might be a bit too big for them. Also who the fuck is this other guy with the self-promotion lmao. "IF THEY DON'T ANSWER I HAVE A PODCAST YOU'RE WELCOME ON". Hopefully they opt to at most do an interview with him, I don't need him as a regular.

imBask

Banned
Because of The Mummy, we got a HiTB in which they mentioned The Blackcoat's Daughter which I just finished watching after their recommendation, and REALLY fucking loved, like holy shit

so thanks Tom Cruise

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yo I've never seen the same movie 30 times in my life

She also was of the belief that Star Wars is about R2-D2 and no one else

Couldn't get away fast enough.

She even suggested to go watch Chappie after eating lol. I was like "ummmm I got stuff to do"

Schlorgan

I have a relative who swears by Chappie and tells me not to listen to reviews since critics didn't like District 9 either.

And I'm like:
q7ufAzt.jpg

Wat.

Top Bottom