• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie slams PSP "2 hour" battery!

Mzo

The DS just plays games. I like that.

The PSP tries to do other things I could really care less about, which increases its price and makes me lose interest.

Don't get me wrong, it's all about the games. I can see myself eventually picking up a PSP. Just saying that $150 is an easier impulse buy for me to make. Plus I've been pretty impressed by the DS lineup, while the PSP has me =/

LMAO. greatness.

can't wait for more. I'm sure MS is looking on and prepping to poach Reggie. No one on their team has balls. That ex-Sega chap is old and sinewy.

Tritroid

This is actually pretty funny.

We haven't really seen a full-out Sony vs. Nintendo insult war since the release of the PSX. Since then it's just been PR slander.

Looks like things are getting pretty hot between them again.

fAnB0y wArz R3b0rn!11one

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The DS just plays games. I like that.

The PSP tries to do other things I could really care less about, which increases its price and makes me lose interest.
The DS:

- plays games
- serves as some kind of short distance instant text/picture messenger
- voice communicator, like walkie talkie.
- downloads data when you walk into the cinema theatre.

- and you can bet your ass it will have some kind of PDA functionality available (scribbing notes, etc) and some kind of video playback (hell they did it even with GBA)

Sure, 100% gaming. Nothing else.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Marconelly said:
The DS:

- downloads data when you walk into the cinema theatre.

Oh come. You make it sound like some terrorist transmitter.

The 'data' is Pokemon for a GAME. It is a marketing ploy to get people to goto the movies.

Brofist

Reggie is just stupid. I mean c'mon if your gonna go all out get Chris Rock to come and bust some cracks at the competition, not this lame ass..

Hellraizah

That portable gaming war is for sissies. But, it's good to see Nintendo and Sony get at it, that way, they can just forget Microsoft will be beating them to the punch in the console war next gen.

Prine

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
I'm sure MS is looking on and prepping to poach Reggie. No one on their team has balls. That ex-Sega chap is old and sinewy.

Fuck no, I certainly dont want him speaking for Xbox, the guy is a complete wanker.

I do however, want MS to put itagaki as head of MS Japan. That would rock

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Are you the people who just spent the last 30 hours trolling every DS thread here with the same rehashed posts, now crying cause people aren't reacting to Reggie the same as people did Saeki? Grow up. Nobody has taking either too seriously. I swear, the differences between this board and gamefaqs' gets smaller and smaller every day.

This is the DS' time. Nintendo's put up a great showing; one that literally shut Sony's mouth. Someday, Sony may make an announcement about the PSP and you'll have your day.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That portable gaming war is for sissies. But, it's good to see Nintendo and Sony get at it, that way, they can just forget Microsoft will be beating them to the punch in the console war next gen.
Yeah, REAL console wars are for the grownups like you.

Anyways, get on with the program or shut up.

White Man

So, what is he saying, that the recharge time is about 5 minutes?

My Sony MD player with a lithium-ion battery takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to get a full charge. Fast charging could be possible.

Trevelyon

IT'S THE REGGIE RENAISSANCE!

rock.gif

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
It's amusing to see the fervent reactions, both positive and negative, Reggie evokes on both sides of the Nintendo fence.

Meier

Marconelly said:
Noone cares as much for their precious company as Nintendo fans. Noone. It's quite sad, actually.

How ironic is that coming from someone like Marconelly. :lol :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jarrod, seriously, it's one thing wanting something to succeed and cheering for it, and a whole other thing hating your opponent with a passion or even bickering and proclaiming 'teh doom' on every step of the way.

But they're not increasing prices...
They're not? I don't remember exactly, but wasn't GBA selling for less than $150 at it's launch?

jarrod

Banned
Marconelly said:
Jarrod, seriously, it's one thing wanting something to succeed and cheering for it, and a whole other thing hating your opponent with a passion or even bickering and proclaiming 'teh doom' on every step of the way.
And Sony or Microsoft fans don't do that? Noone cares as much for their precious company as Nintendo fans? Noone? It's that sad, actually?

Insertia

Code_Link said:
But they're not increasing prices...

I don't think mp3 playback or movie playback is increasing PSP's price by much. Those are things it can do natively. It's the equivalent of PSOne playing music CD's or PS2 playing DVD's. It's the nice screen and powerful hardware that will make it costly.

And for what it's worth, neither you or I know the price so there is no increase. :)

jarrod

Banned
Marconelly said:
They're not? I don't remember exactly, but wasn't GBA selling for less than $150 at it's launch?
Nintendo DS isn't a GameBoy. Even so, they're keeping software pricing consistant though, good for Nintendo.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
And Sony or Microsoft fans don't do that? Noone cares as much for their precious company as Nintendo fans? Noone?
At least on this board, that's the impression that I get, yes.

Other bords like GameFAQs or IGN are overflowing with kids and idiots in general, and I don't even know what's going on there.

P90

Prine said:
Fuck no, I certainly dont want him speaking for Xbox, the guy is a complete wanker.

I do however, want MS to put itagaki as head of MS Japan. That would rock

That would go over just great...

jarrod

Banned
Marconelly said:
At least on this board, that's the impression that I get, yes.
Maybe I just spend too much time here but I can certainly spot irrational fans on all sides (except nGage).

wow. some people here are pretty sad. You guys realize that buying a console doesn't put you on a company's payroll. You don't have to take everything so seriously, damn just chill out.

Yossarian

Ninja Scooter said:
the fact that you make the distinction speaks volumes.
There is quite a difference between blind and crazy. Blind people cannot see. Crazy people see things that aren't there. See? Its not too complicated once you get the hang of it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jarrod said:
And Sony or Microsoft fans don't do that? Noone cares as much for their precious company as Nintendo fans? Noone? It's that sad, actually?
Up to this point the focus was on Marconelly's behavior...why the sudden shift to everyone else?

And the pot, kettle, black reference seems stunningly devoid of the appreciation that shades of grey exist ;)

snapty00

Banned
jarrod said:
Well, it seems to be more standard industry practice than anything, much less an specific corperate flaw on Nintendo's part. Nintendo & Sony did the exact same thing with PS2 & GC early on actually.
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even read what I said?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
the fact that you make the distinction speaks volumes.
Or maybe the fact that you can't see a joke even when it's slamed into your face?

I thought the words 'But seriously' in my next post would make it even more obvious, but I guess not.

jarrod

Banned
kaching said:
Up to this point the focus was on Marconelly's behavior...why the sudden shift to everyone else?
The criticism of Marco's 'behavior' spun out of his own comments about Nintendo fans. I'm bringing things back to the core of those comments, sorry if it was all too sudden for you.

kaching said:
And the pot, kettle, black reference seems stunningly devoid of the appreciation that shades of grey exist ;)
Fortunately I'm not forcing my own standards over anyone else's beliefs here. ;)

Top Bottom